Rate Dr. Maurice Blackman

Dr. Maurice Blackman's Ratings

"You see this person, you do what we do, run, run your glutinmous-maximus off"

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2614389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

It was such a good experience having met this doctor. He was so easy to talk to and he was a very good listener. We were able to talk and agree. I sure know Im not capable of doing this with my new psychiatrist. I suppose one of those aspects of growing up you take for granted is being able to see a child psychiatrist.

He made me write my first 16 page paper. He not only helped me by listening but he was full of good knowledge! He introduced me to ecology and that being part of my problem . And not putting all the blame on me as an individual. This man is brilliant and underrated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Please keep telling your stories about this man we need to put his authority abuse to an end the more stories the better we can get the healing we deserve and make sure he cant hurt anyone people. If you know anyone else who seen him and had likewise experiences ask them to speak up post here do whatever we can.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2537084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Dr. Maurice Blackman told my parents I was mentally challenged, when I was a high honors student. He clearly had a deal with some school to send me there and make a quick buck. He is a terrible speaker, does not pay any attention and ignores pretty much every detail you tell him. I hope people see this page before he hurts, degrades and uses any of his patients for his own selfish goals. It makes me sick to even see two stars on this terrible human being. Word of advice, never send your kids or yourselves there. I'd rather be consulted by the reborn corpse of Kim Jong Il.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2516612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I was never able to understand much of what Dr. Blackman said as he is a chronic mumbler. The things that he did say left me uncomfortable in his presence. This man terrified me as a teenager.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2501591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

WCB shill. Only after my WCB IME, did I discover RateMDs. Talked about his previous life/immigration to Canada with me, too! Called his office & spoke to a rude receptionist (moot point), too! The visit was all talk, no tests. His report was a detailed character assassination, dwelling on my misspent youth & discredited my adult / current life picture. Many inaccuracies at that! Look, I really count on raw & unflattering truths from experts, so that I may grow, but what he did was dangerous to me. CanLii is an eye-opening resource: it appears Many of his reports are 'nothing wrong, no work restriction' & end up in the appeal system. Proceed w/ caution & be proactive in your recovery: people with issues who are forced into corners can do disastrous things. Trust a Dr! He is surprisingly old / past retirement age; & I truly had hopes that wisdom would be his trademark. What a disappointment. I certainly will vet Dr's prior to meeting them from now on. Re: the review that mentions impressive credentials... are you kidding?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

This is the worst Doctor I have ever seen in my life. If it weren't for the fact that I was forced to go see him for an independent assessment I would have never seen him. He does whatever the organization that hires him and pays him wants him to do and/or say on the report. I would never forget my experience with him 10 years after it happened. He must have destroyed so many lives. It is so sad. I am doing much better and leading a healthy life but that single experience with him almost destroyed me and my future. I am not surprised that they use him for independent assessments since he sides with the organizations that hire him and not the employee.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2448269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

He was paid $3500.00 for an independent psychiatric exam so that I could return to work. His receptionist was very rude and treated me like I was nobody when I called to confirm the address of the office a few days prior to the assessment. If there was a zero on the scale I would rate my experience "O" instead of a "1". He rated in favor of the employer so that I couldn't return to work when in fact my regular psychiatrist and family doctor had already rated me fit to work symptom free of depression. I told him I had no symptoms during my visit and no problems in daily life. I could not believe the report written. Now I'm stuck, because I can't go back to work, I'm fully capable of working and I can work. It's just hilarious how these Independent Medical Evaluation (IME) doctor's can bias their opinion and write false information on reports.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1348338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

Dr.Blackman writes in his report exactly what a paying insurance company wants him to write. He flat out lied from what he told me in a 1and 1/2 hour interview he said things then by the time he wrote the report it was the complete opposite. Do not see this doctor. He told me he didn't know much about CFS yet in his report he concluded I don't have it, contrary to 3 neurologist and one head of rheumatology diagnosing me. He didn't even know what CTE is! (It's brain damage).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2013

Having arrived early I expected to wait but as with most doctors here it was a long time before I got in. This man spent most of his time mumbling on about the British Army (that he had served in) and innapropriate things about his move to Canada from the United Kingdom. I was instructed by my employer (another story there) to visit him again some months later. The appointment was booked for several weeks and with less than one hour before I am due to see him (having to travel quite some distance) he cancelled......but if you try to do that yourself he bills you $3,500 + GST....how does this work. The 'treatment' and independance of these experts is stunning and I know that my employer is attempting to get the answer that they want in order to dismiss me. They were not happy with his first attempt and went back for another....we shall see what he writes eh!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1348337].votes_count ]]