Dr. Stanley Flax

5 1 3.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Stanley Flax

Dr. Stanley Flax's Ratings

The operation (day surgery) he performed did NOT work!!! I still have the same symptoms as before, and at the North York General hospital, a lack of cleanliness and care caused me to be exposed and ill from a very contagious and (in some cases, for the elderly, for example) lethal illness. All the missed sick days and pain and suffering were for nothing. Extremely disappointed to say the least.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2768904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Referred to Dr. Flax for what was thought to be prostatitis. The first time I saw him he told me to take these antibiotics and he won't need to see me again. I went back 5 weeks later and he told me I needed to wait longer for it to go away. I told him I was peeing blood and he said oh then maybe we should have a look. He did a cystocopy and told me he found something but wanted to do a CT scan to make sure. 5 days later I had a CT scan and then didn't hear from his office of a week. After the week I got a call telling me he wanted to see me at his office again and had appointments in two weeks. Meanwhile, the day after I got the CT scan I took the results to a family member that was a radiologist and after one look he told me to get to the hospital. I went to Mt Sinai was admitted the same day and put on the emergency surgery list to have part of my bladder removed. I would strongly not recommend Dr. Flax as had I not looked after it myself I would still be waiting. Stay away !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2756472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Very unhelpful staff. esp the secretary with no real medical training will screen the referrals and cannot differentiate between what needs to be seen urgently and what does not. Very disrespectful to GPs in general, think twice about going here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2704402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

Dr. Flax is a very wonderful experienced DR, he been fantastic to few family members. He was extremely attentive to my young child. Dr. Flax to me is one of the kindest caring DR's out there Keep up with the amazing job you do Stanley

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I was diagnosed with a bladder tumor. Dr. Flax was aware of all the things and my previous health before I visited his office the first time. The surgery went super well and the outcome was better than what we have all expected. Recovery was really fast and a total wonder. One of the best and professional doctors that I've seen here in Canada.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

Referred to Dr. Flax for a PSA issue. He put me on an antibiotic for a month that may have been inappropriate due to my compromised immune system. After 3 weeks I got very ill, contacting C Difficile, which my Gastroenterologist said was caused by the drug prescribed by Dr. Flax. I made several attempts to have Dr. Flax call me so I could discuss with him, he never called. I went to his office and eventually walked out as he kept me waiting. I would not recommend him to anyone. Stay away !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

Appointments are very quick. The onus is on the patient to remind the doctor of what happened previously. He never reviewed the file before seeing me. Still, Dr. Flax is open-minded and isn't willing to jump to conclusions with a diagnosis. Ultimately, couldn't help me, but at least was looked at my problem from different angles. He's friendly and his assistant is helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

He is a little cocky, like most doctors, but he is very knowledgable. He was a little rough during my procedure (vasectomy), and I still have discomfort occassionaly...and that was 4 months ago. Maybe it's just me, i'm not sure. Or maybe it's because he gave my nuts a pretty good yank during the procedure. But, I'll give him this...he returns his messages!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

Worth the wait. The best urological opinion I have had for my complex problem. Excellent surgical outcome. I was most satisfied. Thank you Dr Flax

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2010

Loved the doctor. Did not like the new secretary. She did not return phone calls and consequently I did not have my post-op questions answered. Since one cannot get throught to the Dr. without the secretary I'm not sure how one could handle this situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1350491].votes_count ]]