You may also like

Rate Dr. Rick E. Nagy

Dr. Rick E. Nagy's Ratings

Best bedside manner in all of KC. Very kind, compassionate and easy to talk to!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Nagy was my OB with my first pregnancy. He was rude, never listened, made me cry on multiple appts. His nurse was also very rude. However, I put up with all of this because it was my first pregnancy, and did not feel confident enough to change doctors. However, my daughter's birth was a HORRIBLE experience because of Dr. Nagy! If I had been smart, I would have sued him after she was born. He was cruel to me during labor and very condescending. He would not listen to me, my husband, my mother, not even my labor and delivery nurse. (who was wonderful btw) Despite my resolve to have an all natural birth, and the fact that I labored to and 8.5 drug free. He kept trying to push an epidural on me. And when I got stuck at an 8.5 for hours, due to excess amniotic fluid and a tiny 6.5 lb baby. He flat out refused to break my water unless I agreed to an epidural. My nurse and mother both pleaded with him to break my water so that I could continue to progress, and only after being stuck for 5 hours, did he begrudgingly agree to do so. After which he told me that he was going to play golf and would be back later to check me because I had hours left before I would be ready to push. However, they had to call him back after about 10 minutes and two contractions, because I was ready to push. But his horrible manners, and his trying to blackmail me into getting an epidural (which I would not do), were the least unpleasant part of my experience. The worst, and the reason I should have sued this jerk, is that even though I did not need an episiotomy, he gave me one. And not just a regular one snip diagonal cut either. He literally CUT and PULLED me open 3 or 4 times. My nurse, my dad, and my mother all had looks of horror on their faces as he did this. And it took me 4 months to heal from his butchery. And my daughter was a tiny little 6.5 lb peanut. I am still upset to this day, and she is 5 now. Luckily with my second, I had the intelligence to choose a better Dr. and her birth was a beautiful once in a lifetime experience. (the way it should be) Also, not only did my new OB not give me an episiotomy, I did not even tear. And my second was 8.5 lbs! My new OB was horrified at the story of my experience with Dr. Rick Nagy. As is anyone who hears it to this day. I personally cannot believe he is still practicing medicine. I would have thought he'd lost his license by now. Which is why I am writing this long winded, long over due review. To save another woman from having to go through what I did.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2770835].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 8, 2015

I love this doctor, he made my pregnancies so much more enjoyable. thank you doctor Nagy, You are awesome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Dr. Nagy and his team saved my life not once but twice I'm told in the summer 2010. I'm thankful to be alive luckily these doctors never gave up. My son didn't make it which is another hospitals fault. For whatever reason nagy and his team ended up with me and they took the time and did the jobs they were hired to do. They saved me and I was deaf and blind so I couldn't even see who to thank. Words are never enough to express the gratitude I have for doctors that pay attention :-) hopefully the team reads this as I never did get to say thank you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I really can't say enough kind words. Nagy has seen me through 2 births (one at NKC and the second at Research. I never even considered leaving Nagy despite the 40 minute drive to Research.) and I am now preparing for tubal ligation. Over our 20 year patient/doctor relationship there hasn't been a time that I felt uncomfortable asking a question or making a suggestion. Nagy listens well, makes me laugh and genuinely cares about me, my health and my family. I suffer from migraines and he has always been eager to help with this. Just last week I spent nearly 30 minutes discussing options and plans with him. I never felt rushed or unheard. I read the negative comments posted and I would be quick to defend Nagy, but I'll let you come to your own conclusion. He is direct with his responses, but I've found him to be very laid back. When I was in labor that calming presence was exactly what I needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I would not recommend Dr. Nagy. I brought up a concern about a blood disorder that I have. He admitted himself he knew nothing about the condition, then he tried to prescribe a treatment that is known to not be effective, and sometimes dangerous, with my particular condition. He would not listen to me when I told him that treatment would not work, arguing with me about it, and then prescribing me Xanex (which, from what I've heard from other doctors, should NEVER be taken during pregnancy) because I must have anxiety since I wouldn't stop bringing it up until I felt satisfied with the course of treatment being taken. He interrupted me while I was trying to explain an aspect of the disorder, and told me to "let it go." When I was describing some of my medical history to him, to help him understand the particular needs of my condition, he told me that it hadn't happened that way and that I was mistaken. I did not feel that I could trust him to take into account my individual needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2013

Dr.nagy has now deliverd 3 going on 4 of my children and he has always been awsom i wouldnt trade him for any othet doctor only down fall he delivers at research

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

I love This Doctor me and my family I have thanks Nagy and dee. I need to find out your name. Lol I love you too and nurse happy. Lol We are going to come see you all very soon a lot has changed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354824].votes_count ]]