Rate Dr. Robert M. Cain

Dr. Robert M. Cain's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Cain for the past 3 years and have been very pleased with my care. As a nurse practitioner with over 30 years of experience, I am very sensitive to my health care provider having excellent medical skills and great "bedside manner." Dr. Cain rates 5 stars in both categories.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Saw Dr.Cain over 20 years ago and he said, and I quote "it's all in your head" referring to my back pain. What a douche! For 20 years I have been treated for L5 Disc Syndrome. Three months ago I had a discetomy at L5-S1 due to rupture. Sure - its all in my head. I do not trust him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

I think some of the poor reviews of Dr. Cain are a bit unfair. He had a very to the point attitude, but he was in no way mean spirited or dismissive. I've had an injury for 6+ months; he spent more time with me than any doctor has so far in my treatment. He even took the time to give me a second opinion on some MRI's. I never felt rushed. He was very kind and thorough. Would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

I went to Dr. Cain from around 2004-2008, while I was in college. He was amazing. He was the first neurologist to ever care about my well being and remember me when I came into his office. I really felt like a member of his family. His personality is very straight forward, but I like that. I miss him all the time but I am glad I was given the opportunity to see what a great neuro should be like. Now I expect nothing less...though it is not easy to find someone as great as he is. He put me on the right medication and took me off one I really shouldn't have been on. I cannot recommend him enough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

As a longtime patient of Dr. Cain I can say he's the most thorough, patient, attentive, dignified, dedicated, knowledgable physician I know. He's not my first neurologist but will definitely be my last. Unlike most doctors he doesn't stick his head in a chart while rushing me through an exam. Looking directly into my eyes he discusses my health issues in full, every time. On one occasion he even went above & beyond when presented w/ a last minute issue, patiently going over all angles to inform me fully, addressing all my concerns. Never disrespectful, he's always warm & genuinely friendly. I came here to sing long overdue praise about one of the finest physicians in Austin so am dismayed to see 2 negative (connected) reviews, which on closer look, seem to stem from some instability or irrationality. All I can say (truly meant in the nicest possible way) is that I hope the couple in question get the mental help they clearly need. There's no validity or logic in their reviews at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

My wife has been seen well over a dozen times by Dr. Cain for a variety of reasons related to a traumatic brain injury she suffered the day after Xmas in 2005. I have been present on each of those occasions. On every occasion, Dr. Cain has been *very* helpful -- not only by providing excellent, reliable medical advice and treatment but also by enabling us too feel confident that she was/is in good and caring hands. Despite the fact that there are always several patients in his waiting room, Dr. Cain always takes as much time as necessary to assess her situation, explain it in terms we can understand, and provide the appropriate treatment and advice. We wouldn't have kept going to him for the past 7 years were he not both an outstanding doctor and an outstanding person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

For 30 years I have benefited from Dr. Cain's superb care. He did more than treat my physical ailments, his compassion, insight, directness and caring always improved my psychological state as well. I have never known a better physician- in the widest sense- in my long life. He is not merely a highly qualified neurologist, but a genuine and generous healer as well. His energy, dedication and optimism are contagious. He has earned my wholehearted admiration and gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

Dr.Cain is ABUSIVE. I was the patient but my husband was in the room w/us. Not only was Cain rude and arrogant, also personally insulting. My husband was in his 70s at the time, but Dr. Cain demanded to know how an Ordained Methodist Minister could afford to live in West Lake Hills? [we're both retired Ph.Ds]. Cain saw my clipboard note that I'm now Hearing Impaired and must lip-read; but said "oh yeah, riiiight, suuure you are", was resentful that I asked ppl talk facing me. He purposely turned his head discussing his 'findings' w/my husband, refusing t/turn toward me. When he pointed to X-Ray, same thing. [Unknown to Cain, my husband was diagnosed w/Early Alzheimer's by t/VA]. Cain stood inches from me, but refused 2 talk 2 me, the patient! Even when I asked a question (re: my own brain!) he spoke only to my husband w/stock answer. Cain should have be hospitalized f/mental illness years ago. Egotistical, angry, immature. Hope the sicko abuser dies ASAP; burns in Hell forever. HA!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

This man has the worst personality of any Doctor that I have seen in Austin. He is overrated as a Neurologist and his manner is arrogant beyond belief. He was obscenely rude when he was needed most. As my wife and I were in the hospital, this "physician" screamed angry rants at my wife over the phone when we were calling him for desperate advice. He absolutely refused to help. I don't believe this man deserves a 10 rating at all. I would put him below a 5. It was my experience that this man showed little or no compassion or humanity for patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

William Howeth - September 23, 2011 Five Stars I'm a 72-year-old patient who is playing out of position as a patient. Don't know how to do it well. I became the subject of quintuple bypass surgery, prostate surgery, and surgery for a hernia. Worst of all, I endured a colonoscopy. After those obvious medical problems were diagnosed and addressed, it was time for me to address the disabling leg pain I'd dealt with for a few years. Both Doctor Jill Heytons and Dr.Robert Cain were meticulous, friendly and professional. I will always be grateful to them. These are not old buddies of mine. I did not know them before I sought treatment from them and I hardly know them now. If I were to seek more from any neurologist, I would not know what to ask for. I have signed my name fully to reduce the possibility that people who read this will think it's fake. If you want to talk with me about this recommendation, I'm in the book. Thank you Dr. Heytons and Dr. Cain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354971].votes_count ]]