Rate Dr. Lloyd MacK

Dr. Lloyd MacK's Ratings

Very calming, great personality. It's hard to be punctual when the clinic to super busy. He's tremendous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Mack removed 1/3 of my stomach due to a cancerous tumor August 17,2010. He is a top rate surgeon in my book and one of the kindest human beings you ever want to meet. His Surgical Team was absolutely fantastic. They had me so relaxed I probably could have gone through the Surgery without being put to sleep. I cannot find enough words to describe my feelings. The Nursing Staff at Foothills Hospital were also fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2014

Great surgeon who took out my diseased gallbladder. If I had another one I would want him to remove it

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

All I can say is he is the best - at everything and in every sense (knowledge, skill, bedside manner, communication, concern, advocacy, accessability). I consider myself extremely fortunate to have had him as my doctor and surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. Mack is quite simply one of the finest human beings I've come across. He is a special person. I could go on about his amazing skill as a surgeon but the point is more than that. As an oncologist he understands, from witnessing, what people endure. He is giving with his time and stays connected with you after your surgery. He advocates for his patients in every sense of the word. He is humble, gentle and his integrity is beyond reproach. There aren't enough doctors anywhere like him. Calgary is truly lucky to have him here. I have many examples of how he extended himself beyond any expectation. I wish the same could be said about other physicians at FMC. The difference between him and them is so stark. You look around and see so many young physicians and you just hope some of them come in contact with Dr. Mack at some point in their training. He is exactly what you envision a doctor to be. Caring, kind and compassionate. I will always remember him as simply the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1355658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2012

I can't say enough how impressed I have been with Dr. Mack. I'm a young man with a young family who was diagnosed with a very rare and potentially aggressive cancer. From our very first appointment I had full confidence in him. My surgery was long and invasive but went off without a hitch. Post surgery communication has been excellent and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

Dr. Mack is a caring knowledgable and easily contactable cancer surgeon. I have been under his care and care of surgeons he is training for 2 months. He perfromed a total thyroidectomy (remove my thyroid). I cannot stop saying good things about him and his team. For example he actually has called me a few times at home to check on my status a week after the surgeory and told me test results over the phone. I've never had that happen ever before. He is very competent as a surgeon. Not only my surgery was a great success with little side effects but he had planned it to minimize the scaring afterwards. When your dealing with cancer scaring is probably us the last thing on your mind, so my point is that he is competent and cares so much that he think through and pays attention to even minor details. I highly recommend Dr. Mack

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2011

Dr.Mack is wonderful. I was diagnosed with spindle cell sarcoma at 17. you could imagine the thoughts that went through my mind he made me realize i would be fine and was amazing to my family. great bedside manner. He tries his best and is a wonderful doctor. Healing hands for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

Was told that my slow growing sarcomas were terminal and that I had 1 to 1 1/2 years time to get my affairs in order. It is now almost two years later, and have been told that I have my "prognosis is potentially quite lengthy".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2011

I cannot begin to tell you how Dr Mack changed my life. He truly is an angel, I will forever be greatful for Dr Mack. He made me feel so important and took the time to make me feel safe and comfortable.He truly cares a great deal for his patients. I cannot thank him enough. If you are going to meet with Dr Mack you will have peace of mid to know that you have the most caring, thoughtful doctor you will ever meet...Thank you Dr Mack

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1355653].votes_count ]]