Rate Dr. Stephen H. Sherry

Dr. Stephen H. Sherry's Ratings

The woman who answers the phone is one of the most rude I have encountered for a Doctors office. Which unfortunately has been quite a few. Even though my insurance does not require a referral-do any now? She would not schedule a basic hormone panel for me. I wonder if the two doctors at this office are even aware what the first impression of their "professional business" is? Good service oriented people are so hard to find which is sad enough in itself but even worse I think would be if the Doctors themselves are creating this environment. No wonder the system is so broken. It sounded as if she would be happier retired and not in fact helping those in need. Why are these awful people so rampant in "Health-CARE"? Care of whom? Sadly, not the patient any longer. I suffer from chronic pain, 24/7, and wouldn't wish the debilitating effects on anyone. I was just searching for more answers as most leg work falls onto the patient and just need help fitting more pieces of this puzzle together.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

Would not recommend him . As a new patient, he prescribed new meds ( inderal)for hyperthyroidism. I had a reaction, enough to call while he was away and had the on call doctor (female) (awful phone manner she had) tell me to stop Inderal. Everyone knows you just don't stop inderal. So after 3 calls to her, we agreed to cut in half immediately and stop. I was going on vacation out of the country that week - she told me that I shouldn't leave the country. Keep in mind, she's covering for Dr Sherry. OKay, well my vacation is set and I am now off the Inderal. I went away. No medical issues, thankfully. I never heard from Dr Sherry to see how I was feeling after the Inderal reaction. After all a) I was his patient. b) his covering physician didn't want me to leave the country ( sounds like she thought it was bad enough to warrant a report back to him??) . Awful follow up and lack of compassion.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2012 | flag

very, very pleased all around. Appointment was made quickly, wait time in office was minimal, staff was very helpful. Dr. Sherry was VERY knowledgable, asked pertinent questions and explained things plainly. We discussed specifics of my illness and he gave me the reasoning behind his recommendations. I highly reommend Dr, Sherry

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

i found him to be very patient and kind,good sense of humor,comforting.very professional.nice staff.easy to get appt.

Submitted July 18, 2009 | flag

Very mediocre doctor. Bedside manners are poor, has no personality either. I'm not paying someone to treat me like dirt.

Submitted June 10, 2008 | flag

Dr Sherry isn't the one to see if you need your hand held every step of the way. If you want someone knowledgeable, who will tell you exactly what ALL your choices are so that YOU can make a decision, he's the one. He laid everything out and told me all my options. When I made a decision, he didn't try to change my mind. He listens to what you have to say and will explain his recommendation, but lets you make the ultimate decision. I see him for a thyroid problem. Staff is very helpful and professional.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2007 | flag

Went there for Thyroid Problem. Got appointment on short notice. Very friendly staff. Doctor took detailed history and necessary physical exam. Was not in a rush. My concerns were taken seriously and he put me at ease with his explanations. (He has more than 25 years experience!)

Submitted March 5, 2007 | flag