Rate Dr. Thomas G. Zorc

Dr. Thomas G. Zorc's Ratings

Dr. Zorc is an excellent surgeon. He has a passion for his work that is unrivaled, in my eyes at least. During my recovery from a pilonidal cystectomy, which has a lengthy recovery period, Dr. Zorc came in to his office on Saturday and Sunday, 2 weeks in a row. The work most doctors/surgeons would normally pass off to an intern or nurse, Dr. Zorc assists with without hesitation. He will sit down with you and discuss every detail regarding a procedure or recovery period. He has a knowledgeable and friendly staff that is very genuinely nice and prides itself in its work. One nurse who lives in my neighborhood even made a house call post-op when I encountered a small problem with my wound. Maximum time I ever waited during my daily visits for a month was 6 minutes. During recovery, he used anesthesia for dressing changes, which can be an otherwise painful and very uncomfortable experience. Dr. Zorc is my first choice for a surgeon. (Though hopefully I never need his services.)

Submitted June 27, 2014 | flag

Dr. Zorc and his team recently performed a surgical repair of my umbilical hernia, a procedure that went smoothly and from which I've recovered fully. I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Zorc's careful diagnostic procedures, and the detailed and thoughtful explanations he gave me prior to surgery. He and his team, including PA Elizabeth Donovan, were friendly, reassuring and professional throughout. I give high marks, too, to the private surgical facility itself, which offered the technical features of a hospital without the noise, crowding and delays. There was even grace and sensitivity in his office's billing procedures. An easy Five on all categories to Dr. Zorc and his associates.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

Highest recommendation for Dr. Zorc. At my recent physical, my primary care doctor discovered a hernia and referred me to Dr. Thomas Zorc, a general surgeon in Chevy Chase, Md. During my exam, Dr Zorc found two hernias by ultrasound. He took a great deal of time explaining the condition and how the hernias would be surgically repaired. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional, as was Elizabeth & his entire staff. Dr Zorc put me completely at ease and the surgery was successfully completed a few days later in a state of the art operating room at his Chevy Chase office. In addition, the night before my hernia surgery I learned that I had a melanoma in situ on my arm. I as able to obtain the pathology report the morning of my hernia operation and Dr Zorc made time to do the additional surgery to remove the melanoma. I have healed very well from both procedures. I believe Dr Zorc is a superior physician on many levels and I would recommend him without hesitation.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2013 | flag

I had a laparoscopy to remove my appendix and fix a hernia in March and Dr Zorc took care of me. From the beginning he was kind, helpful and clearly communicated the different options. Dr. Zorc's entire team was helpful and patient with me. It was my first surgery and they managed to make it a very smooth experience. I am forever grateful.

Submitted June 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Zorc and his staff were excellent. He explained the procedure to me thoroughly. He and his staff were extremely professional and efficient. I received outstanding care and am very glad that Dr. Zorc was my surgeon.

Submitted May 20, 2013 | flag

My experience with Dr. Thomas Zorc and his team was entirely positive in every respect and in my opinion he is an excellent surgeon. I developed a groin pain and Dr. Zorc confirmed my need for hernia surgery. Throughout the process I was impressed with his obvious professional competence and his willingness to discuss all aspects of my condition and the surgical process with me. He was patient in answering my questions and took as much time in doing so as I wanted. I never felt rushed by him, but rather felt that he wanted to take as much time as needed to prepare me for the procedure and to perform the surgery perfectly. The operation was performed in his surgical suite in Chevy Chase which is a great facility and the entire surgical team was impressive. My surgery was successful and Dr. Zorc accurately advised me as to how my recovery would proceed. I cannot say enough about the professionalism and the high quality of care that I received from Dr. Zorc and his entire team.

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

I highly recommend Dr Zorc for any surgery related procedures. I have had both an abscess removed and an inguinal hernia repair procedure done at his in-office surgical center during the last two years. I found Dr Zorc to be an upmost professional with the qualities of being a personable, patient, knowledgeable, informative, skilled and compassionate doctor in my dealings with him. I am very impressed with the minimal scarring from the hernia procedure considering I normally have keloid formations for scars. The staff and assistants were equally most professional, knowledgeable and courteous, notably Dr Elizabeth Donovan who is an asset to the practice. I definitely would look towards Dr. Zorc if I was considering any other future surgery.

Submitted March 25, 2013 | flag

I was impressed with Dr. Zorc or his PA Elizabeth Donovan. I was not diagnosed for 5 years and my life was miserable with my health conditions. I went thru every test for yrs. I went to Dr. Zorc for a laproscopic surgery to see what was going on, ended up being a 4 hr surgery. It is only 2 weeks later and I am feeling GREAT, like a new person. I had forgotten what it felt like to be normal, I never thought I would see it again. I had given up on caring anymore. I cant say enough about them, their professionalism, their expertise, it was all amazing to witness and experience. I have never had the experience of putting my life in someone elses hands before, I had no qualms what so ever about Dr. Zorc and Elizabeth doing my surgery without any definite cause or expectation of what they would find. After 5 yrs of being tortured, mentally and physically, this was the best thing I have done. I am a new person with a new life. They fixed me!! They fixed what no doctor could even find!!

Submitted Feb. 6, 2013 | flag

I would recommend Dr. Zorc to anyone. I am a VERY active 45 year old man that had a sports hernia that visited 3 highly recommended doctors. A number of things made Dr. Zorc unique. He was patient and took his time answering ALL of my questions- surgery is a major undertaking and I needed to make sure I was making the right decision. The other doctors felt like a factory. Dr. Zorc seemed invested in my personal comfort and success. Dr. Zorc talked a lot about being "meticulous with the tissue and taking his time to ensure that the healing process went well." I had a prescription for pain medication, but all I needed was Extra Strength Tylenol. My recovery was exactly as outlined by Dr. Zorc and I am incredibly happy with the results. I was able to quickly resume golf/tennis/cycling/running. Just today I played competitive tennis for 2 hours and felt great. I cannot give a higher recommendation to Dr. Zorc and his team.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Zorc's since 2006. He was recommended by my OBGYN as a breast surgeon, and even though he does not subscribe to my insurance, I chose to see him because of the quality of his care, his compassion and the personal attention that he provides to his patients. Dr. Zorc took the time when I was diagnosed with breast cancer to explain all of my options and the pros and cons of each. He was extremely helpful in delving through masses of overwhelming information that helped me make my decision for a lumpectomy. He would take my phone calls and I never felt rushed. He also helped me when there was an issue with whether my insurance would pay for a test. And his PAs -- both Mindy and Elizabeth both have the same work ethic and compassion. I continue to see Dr. Zorc for followups and would strongly recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2013 | flag