Dr. Norm Wellington

Rate Dr. Norm Wellington

Dr. Norm Wellington's Ratings

Dr. Wellington is one of the most intriguing and intricate individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting. He has the unique ability to speak in a clear and effective manner, whilst refraining entirely from condescension. He structures his practice so to make you feel as though the two of you are simply equals, as he helps you help yourself.

My time with Dr. Wellington has been thorough, on-going, and intense, however I can wholeheartedly say that I look forward to my time with him. Dr. Wellington has assisted me in understanding the emotions I have, and empowering myself to follow these towards a path of sustainable fulfillment. He consistently provides me with anecdotes, strategies, and external resources to enrich my experience, and never fails to encourage positivity and modesty in the worst of times.

I cannot begin to express the immense gratitude I feel for Dr. Wellington. With his assistance, I have become a fuller version of myself. I am more joyous and appreciative. I have a broader perspective of the immediate and extended world around me, and feel prepared to tackle adversity with grace and preparation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Have to agree with earlier comments from 2009 and 2007. This psychologist is potentially dangerous . He takes advantage of vulnerability and in my case outstepped his boundary as a healthcare provider. He was judgemental, rude and caused psychological scarring that I had to seek therapy for years later.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2492246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I found Norm to be very helpful to me and have gone to him at various points in my life. I think that he showed insight and diligence in trying to understand my issues not just based upon how they impact and reside in me, but also possible impacts or origins within my family life. He took the time required to really understand the issues I was having, and helped me work through them in a way that has given me the skills to help myself later in life. I would highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2013

Dr. Wellington has been very helpful to me. An extremely sensitive and caring therapist. Knowledgeable, intuitive. He gets to the heart of the situation and offers ways of understanding the matters at hand. Dr. Wellington is an excellent guide through difficult times and onerous situations. Highly recommended from my persperctive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

The meetings with Dr. Norm Wellington have been a life changing experience for me. I have been struggling with my low self-esteem, worry, fear and feeling of guilt for the last 20 years. I used to hate and punish myself for been stupid, incapable, a complete looser - I could barely stand myself. Thanks to Norm’s friendly guidance, mentoring, understanding and care, I was able to step back on my feet and to enjoy a better life – with myself, my family, friends and co-workers. Million thanks, Norm :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

Dr. Wellington provided neutral and comfortable grounds for mediation for both me and my ex-husband. With his guidance we identified the key issues and were able to effectively work through them and find resolution that each of us were satisfied with. He listened and gave perspective that was invaluable during a very difficult and emotional time. His advice was always for the best interest of our children and moving forward in life. This enabled a surprisingly easy transition from a broken marriage to a respectful relationship with a deep understanding of the important matters that we continue to face with our children. I am very pleased with my experience through Dr. Wellington and truly believe that mediation can help anyone looking for long-term resolution. Advice that I was given by lawyers was very aggressive and expensive but through mediation we were both empowered to work together at making decisions that suit our own needs but most importantly the needs of our children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2013

I was referred to dr norm Wellington because I was experiencing unknown origin of hostility with my mother. Turns out this rooted from my traumatic birth, poor care when in the hands of family and strangers and parental divorce. My dad did a lot of brainwashing and used guilt in an attempt to alleviate me from my biggest role model, mom. It worked! I am attempting to resolve the pain and anger I have with mom before she dies. My mom also has issues with me in that I was a 'needy' and 'difficult' premature baby who required 24 hour care. She had other toddlers and understandably was under enormous pressure as a mother without my father. We are starting with the basics such as not telling each other what to do and feelings of entitlement to mistreat eAch other. Very profound and incredible to learn from dr Wellington who seems to be an expert in teaching 'respect' and 'patience' and walks you through every statement until you get it right. Wow is all I can say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

I can't tell you how much Dr Wellington has done for me over the past two years. He enabled me to see things no other therapist could. He helped me identify barriers, helped me get over phobias, deal with rage, take responsibility for things I needed to in order to move forward (from stuck), diagnosed me PROPERLY and EFFECTIVELY and steered me in a healtier direction (returning to school) so I could begin to live the life I never thought I could have = NORMAL! I had a fear of men too and initially I was going to see a female psychologist but changed my mind after one session with him because I felt safe and comfortable. Whatever you need to explore I'll bet he'll have the answers! I'm only sorry it took so long for me to get 'fixed' so to speak. Onward and upward... Thanks Dr Swell.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

In my opinion he's dangerous. It seems he was unable or unwilling to recognize depression (a common condition for which one seeks psychological support). Later, once treated by by family MD, this resolved itself. In the meantime, I spent years and many, many thousands of dollars in "therapy" which I later saw for the uselss waste of time and money it was. Not only did I not get better while under this person's treatment, I got much worse. On more than one occasion I asked Mr. Wellington (yes ... I know he has a doctorate but his is not an MD as suggested by his presence on this website) if I should see a physician and inquire about anti-depressants. He discouraged this. After years of feeling worse and worse I gave up on therapy (not before he misdiagnosed my problem and then blamed me for not getting better). Within weeks of being on Effexor, prescribed by my MD, I felt better. Took it only for 6 months ... weaned off ... fine and functional ever since. I would not trust this person!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1369190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2009

Quite honestly, Dr. Wellington has helped me to led a postive, confident life for myself and my two children. I have been a patient of Dr. Wellington for several years and I have always found him to be credible, thoughtful, interesting, understanding and knowledgeable. He has assisted me in developing self knowledge and personal understanding which has been life changing for me. I have recommended him to others who have told me that they have greatly benefited from their interactions with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369189].votes_count ]]