Dr. Norm Wellington

5 1 4.5

You may also like

Rate Dr. Norm Wellington

Dr. Norm Wellington's Ratings

I am so grateful to Dr. Wellington for his sensible approach to many problems I have had in the last two years since my husband passed away. I appreciate his down to earth approach and his great sense of humor. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend him to friends who are going through tough times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

It is with deep gratitude that I post this note in regards to Dr. Norm Wellington. I have been attending therapy with him on and off with him for a number of years. The first few years were rather intense and after that time I was able to successfully release myself from therapy with the skills and tools I needed to move forward with ease and confidence. Throughout the years, I have returned when I have needed some help with various issues that have come up and after a few sessions I am back on my way! Therapy with Dr. Wellington is a true gift, it has been my great pleasure and privilege to have him as my therapist though which there are many rewards, and for which I am truly grateful. In addition to my time with him, as other's in my life have come to issues that they cannot mange themselves, I have passed along his name. It has pleased me to no end that not only was he a great help to me, but he was to them as well. It is with great confidence that I would recommend Dr Wellington as a therapist and if you were to choose to seek help from him, I'm sure you will feel the same gratitude I do and as well meet with the same success I have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741299].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Wellington is results focused and effective. I have found him to be very astute, compassionate, and helpful. When I approached Dr. Wellington, I wanted to create change in my life that would bring me to a healthier place, where I could better manage and cope with my particular set of problems. Dr. Wellington worked with me to help me identify and understand some of these problems, and he helped me develop real solutions to put into practice. We then followed through on how well these solutions were working and any adjustments or changes I could focus on to create further improvements. In the past, I have been disappointed by other therapists who simply encouraged me to talk about my life and my feelings, without providing adequate guidance to help me solve or even cope with difficult and upsetting situations. Dr. Wellington has helped me understand and focus on how I can make situations better and develop my ability to cope with difficult situations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740918].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 2, 2015

Over the past two years, Dr.Wellington has helped me become aware of self-limiting and self-defeating patterns of thinking and behaviour that are very deeply ingrained and which originated in the dysfunctional interpersonal dynamics of my family of origin. Dr. Wellington has helped me achieve, recognize and acknowledge personal successes and positive changes, even as I sometimes overlooked them. It has been a slow and difficult journey, but Dr. Wellington has kept me moving forward in a thoughtful, friendly and supportive manner. I highly recommend Dr. Wellington to anyone who is willing to work hard to make a positive change in their life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621422].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 16, 2014

Dr. Wellington is one of the most intriguing and intricate individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting. He has the unique ability to speak in a clear and effective manner, whilst refraining entirely from condescension. He structures his practice so to make you feel as though the two of you are simply equals, as he helps you help yourself.

My time with Dr. Wellington has been thorough, on-going, and intense, however I can wholeheartedly say that I look forward to my time with him. Dr. Wellington has assisted me in understanding the emotions I have, and empowering myself to follow these towards a path of sustainable fulfillment. He consistently provides me with anecdotes, strategies, and external resources to enrich my experience, and never fails to encourage positivity and modesty in the worst of times.

I cannot begin to express the immense gratitude I feel for Dr. Wellington. With his assistance, I have become a fuller version of myself. I am more joyous and appreciative. I have a broader perspective of the immediate and extended world around me, and feel prepared to tackle adversity with grace and preparation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527934].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Have to agree with earlier comments from 2009 and 2007. This psychologist is potentially dangerous . He takes advantage of vulnerability and in my case outstepped his boundary as a healthcare provider. He was judgemental, rude and caused psychological scarring that I had to seek therapy for years later.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2492246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I found Norm to be very helpful to me and have gone to him at various points in my life. I think that he showed insight and diligence in trying to understand my issues not just based upon how they impact and reside in me, but also possible impacts or origins within my family life. He took the time required to really understand the issues I was having, and helped me work through them in a way that has given me the skills to help myself later in life. I would highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2013

Dr. Wellington has been very helpful to me. An extremely sensitive and caring therapist. Knowledgeable, intuitive. He gets to the heart of the situation and offers ways of understanding the matters at hand. Dr. Wellington is an excellent guide through difficult times and onerous situations. Highly recommended from my persperctive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

The meetings with Dr. Norm Wellington have been a life changing experience for me. I have been struggling with my low self-esteem, worry, fear and feeling of guilt for the last 20 years. I used to hate and punish myself for been stupid, incapable, a complete looser - I could barely stand myself. Thanks to Norm’s friendly guidance, mentoring, understanding and care, I was able to step back on my feet and to enjoy a better life – with myself, my family, friends and co-workers. Million thanks, Norm :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

Dr. Wellington provided neutral and comfortable grounds for mediation for both me and my ex-husband. With his guidance we identified the key issues and were able to effectively work through them and find resolution that each of us were satisfied with. He listened and gave perspective that was invaluable during a very difficult and emotional time. His advice was always for the best interest of our children and moving forward in life. This enabled a surprisingly easy transition from a broken marriage to a respectful relationship with a deep understanding of the important matters that we continue to face with our children. I am very pleased with my experience through Dr. Wellington and truly believe that mediation can help anyone looking for long-term resolution. Advice that I was given by lawyers was very aggressive and expensive but through mediation we were both empowered to work together at making decisions that suit our own needs but most importantly the needs of our children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369193].votes_count ]]