Rate Dr. Carol Temins

Dr. Carol Temins's Ratings

I have known dr. Temins for many years, and I would not give her up for anything...incredibly understanding and helps in any way she can...I had a kidney surgery back in 1997, and not only was she there before the surgery, she was also there during and also came in to see me most days during my stay in the hospital...I have no complaints whatsoever, my family all see her as well and feel the same way as I do. I hope she does not retire for a very very long time.....so hard to find a good doctor, so if you are lucky enough to see dr. Temins, stay with her, I know I am....

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

Dr T has been our family doctor for over 20yrs. She is an outstanding G.P, very caring, empathetic, always gives you lots of her time. However, her reception staff are horrendous! They are rude, miserable and seem to hate their job? Trying to get an appointment is impossible unless I can wait a few days or longer...I call on Monday because I am sick and am told "nothing until Thursday"...If I`m sick enough to need to see a doctor, i can not wait a few days. I am at the point where my family will go to a walk-in clinic (which I hate!! and would dearly love to see my own family doctor)rather than go through the trying ordeal of dealing with the miserable receptionist only to be constantly told,"she has nothing today or tomorrow".... If I am unwell the last thing I need is to go through that!!(God help any patients who are depressed or suicidal!)This seems to be a common complaint with this practice, so for the life of me I don`t understand why these people still have jobs??

Submitted April 8, 2011 | flag

I dont think I need to say how great of a doctor Carol is. But the staff?!? The worst! I have told Dr. Temins that I have been looking for another dr because I can't deal with her staff anymore. They are rude, loud, and stuck up. The worst one is the one with the bushy red hair. She seems like a very unhappy person. I wish Dr.Temins would read these comments and do something about her staff!?

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag

I actually look forward to going to see the doctor! Words can't express how much gratitude I have for being on Dr. Temins' patient list. She makes even the most dreaded appointments favourable. I'm thankful that she's still young...I don't know WHAT I'd do if my unborn kids didn't have her as a GP, let alone me! When she retires, it'll be a sad, sad day for the medical profession. We love you Dr. Temins! Keep up your awesome work! You are truly one of a kind!

Submitted June 18, 2009 | flag

She is the best! Genuinely caring and compassionate when you are most vulnerable. She is not particularly supportive of alternative medicine/ideas, probably because she wasn't thus trained, but respectful anyway. However, her staff has no such bedside manners, and have reduced me to tears in my difficult moments by their rudeness and annoyance. They treat patients with irritation, disdain, as if you are bothering them. They don't bother to lower their voice when asking personal questions; don't acknowledge you at the counter for some time. Refused to make me a hard copy of the results the doc had just shared with me, telling me to come back another time to pick them up. Refused to mail them even though I didn't drive. Treated me with such rudeness when I was miscarrying and called with a question... Need I say more? They need to understand that when you're ill, a smile, speaking with kindness is a must. It doesn't require more time... just a heart that cares, like Dr. Temins'.

Submitted May 27, 2009 | flag

The best doctor I ever had. I moved back to BC 14 years ago and have not had a decent doctor since. I guess I was spoiled with Dr Temins. She was always ready to listen and I never had the impression that she was in a rush to get rid of me. I also got the feeling that she really cared about how I was feeling. I wish she'd move to Vancouver '-)

Submitted Dec. 17, 2008 | flag

I wish to thank her for her help and understanding,in that she has always been there when needed aand I must say there have been those situations, Sincerely Andrew A. Rimkus

Submitted July 16, 2008 | flag

Carol has been our family physician since I was pregnant with my first daughter 13 years ago. She is always very thorough and will send you for proper testing and/or specialist as required. I'm so glad she is our doctor!

Submitted May 28, 2008 | flag

Carol Temmins is an awesome Dr. She takes her time, is very knowledgeable and thorough. She is a warm and caring physician who knows her patients well. Her follow up is excellent.

Submitted May 18, 2008 | flag

She is probably one of the best doctors I've had in my life and that's coming from a man

Submitted April 1, 2008 | flag