Rate Dr. Mary Margaret Davis

Dr. Mary Margaret Davis's Ratings

This Dr. Did not care about the diagnostic. She did not call me to tell me about the bad results. She did not pay attention to the results. She had to treat me but she only said that she will see me in a year and through the nurse. I went to another doctor amd according to the results she had to suggest a treatment and the new doctor was very worried about the lack of professionalism of Dr. Davis. I do not recommend this Dr. To anyone. She does not explain anything and she is very rud.

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

STAY AWAY FROM DR. DAVIS! I made an account just to leave this comment. I want to leave the warning that I wish I was given about this doctor. Please don't under estimate the negativity of the others comments here. Dr. Davis is really as impersonal, rude, and arrogant as everyone has said. This might be fine for those of you who are just getting normal check-ups, but imagine that day when one of your normal check-ups uncovers a problem and the person delivering the news to you behaves as if she does not care about you or your situation AT ALL. Not only that, but Dr. Davis will not explain anything to you without serious prodding and IF you can force out an explanation from her it couldn't be more condescending. It is bad enough to have a health problem uncovered, but when you cannot get the information you need for you doctor it is even worse.

Submitted March 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Margaret Davis is wonderful. She's been my Dr for 3 yrs. I moved to DC and kept her as my OBGYN because she is so helpful and knowledgeable. I don't understand the bad reviews here. She is always aware of my full health history and always takes the time to find out about any new medical issues and makes connections. I highly recommend her.

Submitted July 25, 2012 | flag

I made an appointment with Dr. Davis unaware of the negative reviews on this site and others, so I went in worried about it from the get go. I was pretty surprised. The front desk staff was great about rescheduling my appointment, calling the day before to verify, and taking me in right when I arrived. The woman at the front desk was VERY nice too. I was taken in at 9 am exactly and saw Dr. Davis quickly thereafter. When I explained the issues I was having, she seemed concerned and was very thorough in her questioning. She seemed very knowledgeable and promised that she'd be able to "fix me up quickly". I can see why some might find her demeanor less than pleasurable...she is a tad bit cold and is very quick to comment and question. I actually like this in a doctor, especially one who seems like they know what they're doing. I still need results on a test and will follow her proposed treatment for a few weeks, but until then, I have nothing bad to say. I'll be going back.

Submitted June 7, 2011 | flag

I agree with the negative reviews on this site. Dr. Davis was condescending and arrogant. I can look over these traits if the doctor at least answers my questions. Whenever I asked her a question, she looked at me like I was an idiot and did not deign to answer them. One positive is that she seems knowledgeable as a physician...maybe. However, if she does not want to impart that knowledge on her patients, I refuse to see her again. I wish I had read these reviews before wasting my time and money going to see her. The front office staff must have gotten better than the previous reviews. I had a very pleasant and efficient experience with them.

Submitted May 2, 2011 | flag

I was very unhappy with my interactions with Dr. Davis. She has terrible tableside manner. I went in to get tested for genital herpes. I was very upset and she was not empathetic toward me at all. It was as if she was desensitized. I was diagnosed with genital herpes and an office worker called me to inform me of this disturbing news. I was very upset and it took Dr. Davis 2 days to call me back to answer my questions. When I told her that I would have preferred for her to have called me with the diagnosis she blew me off by saying that she wasn't able to call every patient with their lab results! It was a terrible experience all around and I went to another doctor who was much more empathetic and informative of how to live with and manage genital herpes.

Submitted April 7, 2011 | flag

I've been with Dr. Davis for 13 years. She isn't a super warm fuzzy type, but she is thorough, professional, and takes good care of me.

Submitted April 7, 2011 | flag

If you are looking for a GYN, RUN, don't walk, as fast as you can from this one. Every negative comment on this site is true...impossible to get through on the phone, calls never returned, rude staff, etc. I put up with that for 4 years because I thought at least Dr. Davis is competent. Turns out that is not true. She ordered a bone density test for me that showed osteopenia, but she never told me the results of the test, nor did she advise me to seek treatment for it. During a recent knee surgery, this became a very complicating factor. Both my surgeon and the rheumatologist I subsequently consulted said Dr.Davis was very wrong in not telling me to seek treatment for the osteopenia at the time it was discovered. My recovery time from knee surgery was extended from 2 to 8 weeks due to this issue.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2011 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Davis for over 20 years. I never found her personable but she seemed competent and I never had a serious medical issue that needed more then routine help. However, in my most recent appt, this week, I needed to talk about a vaginal burning sensation that had been making me uncomfortable for weeks. She was abrupt, rude and condescending when I tried to question her. She completely cut me off by beginning the physical examination before I had a chance to ask her all of the questions I had. I have left messages at her office 4 times since the appt (even during office hours her phone is not answered) but no one has bothered to call me back. This is the treatment I receive from a doctor I have been going to for over 20 years. She has also been rude and condescending to my daughter. My daughter has also found it virtually impossible to reach her or to get a phone call returned. I would not recommend Dr. Davis to my worst enemy.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2010 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Davis for years. She is so very knowledgeable and I trust her unquestionably with my healthcare. The only reason I had ever considered changing doctors was because of the rude and nasty front desk staff. I was ready to make a move a few months back when they changed office managers. What a wonderful change. She's had a tremendous effect on the efficiency and professionalism of the office and has a terrific personality! Her response to issues is immediate and she doesn't just welcome suggestions she implements them. Let me repeat again, what a change! I highly recommend this practice.

Submitted July 14, 2010 | flag