Rate Dr. Jeffrey H. Wisoff

Dr. Jeffrey H. Wisoff's Ratings

Dr Wisoff was the third neurosurgeon I saw, to treat my adult NP Hydrocephaleous, and he was the best. Thorough, knowledgable, and compassionate, I was happy to find him. He was honest and forthright in his dealings with me, and very accurate in his diagnosis.
I recommend him highly, as well as his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I was 16 years old back in 1996, scared and could not believe I had just been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Dr. Wisoff was the second doctor I had gone to see and instantly I felt a comfort with this amazing man, that I had not felt with the other doctor, he was very patience and explained everything very....especially since my parents spoke very little English at the time. In addition we did not have health insurance and he worked with my parents financially as well. I am very grateful for you Dr. Wisoff and wish you and your family the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2013

Dr. Wisoff treated my daughter for hydrocephalus. Every time we saw him, he was kind, knowledgeable and patient. He did not rush into surgery but took a thoughtful approach to her care. His concern for my daughter was as though she was his own child. Her outcome is even better than anticipated. The office staff was excellent and helped make a traumatic experience less scary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

DR. WISOFF IS AWFUL MY SISTER HAD A thyroglossal duct cyst and dr. wisoff was the surgeon and mess up he did now she is blind

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Saved our son's life. To think we were going to let him pass away based on the other doctors' views. My son's surgery had expected complications. Our son had a 5cm atypical ependymoma with a main artery in it. Dr. Wisoff is a very humble man who kept making reference to the team and all they did. He is very knowledgeable, but do not take my word for it, do the research. You will find he teaches around the world. We have gone to other pediatric neurosurgeons that have been taught by him and respect him. We love him because he is compasionate,knowledgeable,humble, & honest. He will tell you if he disagrees with something. He is the only doctor to date to diagnose many of our son's ailments. My son unfortunately coded when we came back to our home state. The local doctors did not recognize an atypical hydrocephalus presentation for 2 wks. Dr Wisoff knew immediately what it was. I would not recommend Rusk, the management is different than NYU.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2012

Dr Wisoff was my daughter's surgeon for a chiari malformation. He was an amazing surgeon who took time to explain everything.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

I was not thrilled with nyu. It needs updating and thenurses though friendly were not thorough. As for dr wisoff, he office staff is the best, knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. Dr wisoff is the best in his field, and took the time to exp,ain things to our family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

His surgical skills are phenominal, but his follow up is terrible. He told my Daughter, my grandaughter would be home in 3 days tops and the chance of deficits were minimal. Well, my grandaughter spent 3 months at RUSK and he never even bothered to follow up with her there or see her as promised. NYU is a circus as the last person stated. If things are without complication, he is great, othwerwise, go to suiwdane at columbia. My Daughter is just grateful my granddaughter is alive. He did do a phenominal job, but he needs to listen to patient concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

When other experts could only offer my daughter radiation, Dr. Wisoff had the skill and confidence to recommend a 2 stage surgical attack on her large, deep tumor. Despite some endocrine system issues, 4.5 years have passed without further treatment and my daughter is now attending college for free on a full academic ride. Thanks Dr. Wisoff! FYI - NYU Medical Center is a circus, you shouldn't go there if you need a country club like residential experience!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2010

Rude and unprofessional. He needs to learn how to speak to his patients with dignity and respect, whether he has the expertise to help them or not. Grow up, Dr. Wisoff!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376325].votes_count ]]