Rate Dr. Irvin Heinrichs

Dr. Irvin Heinrichs's Ratings

I cant understand why all his reviews aren't great. I found him extremely helpful & knowledgeable. He tells you exactly how it is in a very informative way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year (I am 25 years old) and I was terrified. He was not compassionate which is exactly what I needed. If I wanted someone to coddle me I would have gone to my mother and not a neurologist. He was extremely informative and really helped me get through the worst part of my life. His staff are ALWAYS helpful and there to answer any questions I have. I am so grateful that I was refereed to Dr. Heinrichs and would not want to visit any other neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

I can't rate this doctor, because I can't get in to see him. After being referred, you have to wait two weeks and then call his office, because the staff are above making phone calls. They are also too good to pick up the phone, because I have never been able to get through. They are only open 9:00-2:00, and still close for a lunch break! My own G.P. finally gave up and is sending me to Calgary. After reading all these posts, I'm grateful...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

This Doctor should not be practicing! My Doctor sent in a referral and he didn't feel the need to even see me after a month of one sided numbness and weakness. I will be going to Edmonton to see a Neurologist that actually cares. After reading these reviews, I wouldn't want to see him anyway. Get your neuro appointment elsewhere if you want appropriate treatment!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Dr. Heinrich's has a terrible bedside manner. He is abrupt, rude and doesn't care to listen to the answers to his own question. He will ask a question assuming he knows the answer and even if he is incorrect he goes with his own answer. I saw him in the hospital for a deteriorating condition that prevents me from walking now. HE performed and EMG/NCV in under 10 minutes which is obviously not enough to be thorough he then ordered an MRI and told me that there would be a lesion found. After waiting two weeks of being very stressed he informed me that my MRI's were normal,it is all in my head.I have been in physio who confirmed that I am getting worse and after calling his office was told there is nothing more he would do and I would not be seen. I was livid as was physio!Now seeing a new neurologist who found nerve damage in my EMG at the first appointment.Heinrich's seems to have a small selection of diagnosis that he will not venture outside of, if it isn't his idea than it is wrong!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1379823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Horrible experience with this neurologist. Perscribed my father a anti parkinson drug that had a known interaction with other medications he was on. Ultimately ended up in emergency with a condition that continued to deteriorate. When finally seen by Heinrichs he said to our family "well I don't know what to do" then suggested that there was nothing he could further do for us and to cancel any remaining appointments. Horrible beat side manor and when asked about some decisions was unable to provide reasoning indicating a lack of knowledge. Neurological medication interactions can be life threatening, save your self a lot of complications and run around by getting an alternate neurology referral before seeing Dr. Heinrichs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1379822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

This so called Doctor is a joke. I was referred to him after having a seizure. I had seen my family doctor and he set up all tests that i needed to have done. MRI, CT scan and 2 different EEG's. The whole time i was in his office he was looking for the results for my last EEG, which i had over a week before the appointment,(I was told after the EEG that he would have results in 24 hours) Anyways, He asked me i dont know how many times if i was sure i had 2 EEG's. He also got mad when I told him that my doctor booked me in for another MRI. He told me i needed a different MRI done and he would set that up for me. This appointment was in NOV, And still havent heard anything. Also I had asked him if Seizures are hereditary and he was very annoyed that i asked him that and then said "I dont know why you're asking me that" Like what the hell im asking cause i dont know. Anyways, horrible Dr. He is very rude and not helpful what so ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1379821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2013

This doctor was asked to provide a consultation on my son after a traumatic injury. My son had sign of neurological damage (no feeling in part of a limb) and signs of brain injury. This man, and I won't use the term doctor, was one of the most heartless, condescending, self righteous SOB that I have ever crossed paths with. Upon initial entrance into the room it was apparent that he didn't want to be dealing with a child. He made statements like "brain injury or spinal cord, it really doesn't change anything" and "I will order a hea MRI because you have had everything else". He had his mind made up on a diagnosis before he even saw my child. Upon the results being delivered he made the statement "go home there is nothing we can do for you here". There should be a special place in hell for someone so heartless. I don't care if he knows everything about everything, he doesn't listen to his patient and that is not in our best interest. Find a different doctor, do NOT use this man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1379820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

Dr. Heinrichs is very rude and doesn't care about patients. He shouldn't be a neurologist that's for sure!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1379817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

I visited him after an EEG at his office. He was 45 minutes late. I might as well have forgotten the EEG all together since he told me "it doesn't mean anything." He was rude and condescending. He was absolutely clueless. I went to another neurologist in Edmonton after such a disgusting performance from Heinrichs. I have what amounts to a pre-med degree. I wouldn't send my dog to Heinrichs—an absolute joke!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1379819].votes_count ]]