Dr. Irvin Heinrichs

Rate Dr. Irvin Heinrichs

Dr. Irvin Heinrichs's Ratings

I can't rate this doctor, because I can't get in to see him. After being referred, you have to wait two weeks and then call his office, because the staff are above making phone calls. They are also too good to pick up the phone, because I have never been able to get through. They are only open 9:00-2:00, and still close for a lunch break! My own G.P. finally gave up and is sending me to Calgary. After reading all these posts, I'm grateful...

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

This Doctor should not be practicing! My Doctor sent in a referral and he didn't feel the need to even see me after a month of one sided numbness and weakness. I will be going to Edmonton to see a Neurologist that actually cares. After reading these reviews, I wouldn't want to see him anyway. Get your neuro appointment elsewhere if you want appropriate treatment!

Submitted April 8, 2014 | flag

Dr. Heinrich's has a terrible bedside manner. He is abrupt, rude and doesn't care to listen to the answers to his own question. He will ask a question assuming he knows the answer and even if he is incorrect he goes with his own answer. I saw him in the hospital for a deteriorating condition that prevents me from walking now. HE performed and EMG/NCV in under 10 minutes which is obviously not enough to be thorough he then ordered an MRI and told me that there would be a lesion found. After waiting two weeks of being very stressed he informed me that my MRI's were normal,it is all in my head.I have been in physio who confirmed that I am getting worse and after calling his office was told there is nothing more he would do and I would not be seen. I was livid as was physio!Now seeing a new neurologist who found nerve damage in my EMG at the first appointment.Heinrich's seems to have a small selection of diagnosis that he will not venture outside of, if it isn't his idea than it is wrong!

Submitted March 24, 2014 | flag

Horrible experience with this neurologist. Perscribed my father a anti parkinson drug that had a known interaction with other medications he was on. Ultimately ended up in emergency with a condition that continued to deteriorate. When finally seen by Heinrichs he said to our family "well I don't know what to do" then suggested that there was nothing he could further do for us and to cancel any remaining appointments. Horrible beat side manor and when asked about some decisions was unable to provide reasoning indicating a lack of knowledge. Neurological medication interactions can be life threatening, save your self a lot of complications and run around by getting an alternate neurology referral before seeing Dr. Heinrichs.

Submitted March 11, 2014 | flag

This so called Doctor is a joke. I was referred to him after having a seizure. I had seen my family doctor and he set up all tests that i needed to have done. MRI, CT scan and 2 different EEG's. The whole time i was in his office he was looking for the results for my last EEG, which i had over a week before the appointment,(I was told after the EEG that he would have results in 24 hours) Anyways, He asked me i dont know how many times if i was sure i had 2 EEG's. He also got mad when I told him that my doctor booked me in for another MRI. He told me i needed a different MRI done and he would set that up for me. This appointment was in NOV, And still havent heard anything. Also I had asked him if Seizures are hereditary and he was very annoyed that i asked him that and then said "I dont know why you're asking me that" Like what the hell im asking cause i dont know. Anyways, horrible Dr. He is very rude and not helpful what so ever.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2013 | flag

This doctor was asked to provide a consultation on my son after a traumatic injury. My son had sign of neurological damage (no feeling in part of a limb) and signs of brain injury. This man, and I won't use the term doctor, was one of the most heartless, condescending, self righteous SOB that I have ever crossed paths with. Upon initial entrance into the room it was apparent that he didn't want to be dealing with a child. He made statements like "brain injury or spinal cord, it really doesn't change anything" and "I will order a hea MRI because you have had everything else". He had his mind made up on a diagnosis before he even saw my child. Upon the results being delivered he made the statement "go home there is nothing we can do for you here". There should be a special place in hell for someone so heartless. I don't care if he knows everything about everything, he doesn't listen to his patient and that is not in our best interest. Find a different doctor, do NOT use this man.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Heinrichs is very rude and doesn't care about patients. He shouldn't be a neurologist that's for sure!!!!!

Submitted Aug. 21, 2013 | flag

I visited him after an EEG at his office. He was 45 minutes late. I might as well have forgotten the EEG all together since he told me "it doesn't mean anything." He was rude and condescending. He was absolutely clueless. I went to another neurologist in Edmonton after such a disgusting performance from Heinrichs. I have what amounts to a pre-med degree. I wouldn't send my dog to Heinrichs—an absolute joke!

Submitted April 2, 2013 | flag

My husband was transferred in after having a stroke. For the next week our experience with Dr. Heinrichs was disgusting. He has a poor attitude, extremely rude, was late with all visits, tests, and instructions for new tests and meds were never followed up. We had been working regularly with rehab when he was at Foothills but rehab stopped once he transferred to Red Deer. When I asked him why he is just laying here for 24 hours a day with no rehab his response was "what do you expect to gain from rehab" He said "this is as good as he will get, you need to accept that and just prepare to take him home". We asked to see another doctor, who said she would help get us into rehab. Once we did the improvement was incredible. He told us there was no hope for improvement. How many other people has he told to give up. I wouldn't let this man work on any member of my family, he should be ashamed and not be allowed to practice in medicine.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2013 | flag

I found him to be very rude, arrogant and argumentive. He does not make eye contact or listen and appears to think he knows things he doesn't and have nothing to do with health care. He started out appointment by insisting i lived in a condo ( I think I know where I live in, a house)What was the point of it? then he argued about a med I was on and said because i was on that med. I was depressed for 10 yrs and needed antidepressants, there was nothing wrong with me it was all in my head. He was going to call my family Dr and tell him to stop all tests. Well I would like to ask him now that a ct scan showed a cystic abcess on my liver which was making me very ill how would antidepressants have helped me and who is the crazy one? He should not be allowed to practice he is bad for patients physical and mental health.I would NEVER recommend this Dr to anyone. The Surgeon that helped me read his report and said this is just crazy you need a second opinion. It is your right

Submitted Oct. 10, 2012 | flag