Rate Dr. Flavio Habal

Dr. Flavio Habal's Ratings

Couldn't ask for anyone more pleasant and thurough. My wife and I are are both so grateful.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2014 | flag

I was assigned to Dr. Habal early last year when I was admitted to TGH for abdominal pain. So far Dr. Habal's the best doctor (including GPs) I've ever seen. He's attentive and knowledgeable, most of all he cares about his patients. I was discharged and undiagnosed with residual pain and nausea, I had to go back to the Emerg within a month of leaving the hospital. Dr. Habal would personally come down to the ER to see me and even called me at home afterwards to check on me. I've been seeing him ever since and although I'm still undiagnosed he continues to give me medical advice and options for treatments and diagnosis. I can't imagine patients giving him bad ratings at all. I hope this is also helpful for peeps out there looking for a good GI specialist.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2013 | flag

I just had an appt with Dr. Habal last week. He was recommended by my family Dr. who assured me that I would really like him. I was SUPER impressed. He was extremely knowledgeable, gave me great advice, and he had a great sense of humour to boot. Life is too short not to have that. We waited ten minutes before called in to see him, which I was amazed as I was honkering down to read War and Peace having previously waited for Specialists over the years. This was a very pleasant surprise!

Submitted Aug. 18, 2012 | flag

Terrible bedside manners , insensitive , arrogant , rude . Caused more pain and discomfort than necessary during procedures , often without sedation .

Submitted Nov. 27, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor, but to reschedule/cancel appointment is a hell thanks to his office assistant. That woman is real pain. Never answers the phone and doesn't return calls.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Habal's approach to his patients is very professional and affiable. He took time to explain test results. We were very satisfied being in his care.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag

what is this "amount you paid"? In every respect,including ignorance of computer technicalities and questionnaire design, this survey bears the marks of ignorance.Are those the reasons you are anonymous?

Submitted Dec. 13, 2010 | flag

I am a nurse for 25 years. I find Dr.Habal to be friendly, knowledgable and has a good bedside manner. I am very picky with dostors, but I do trust him for many years and he did not disappoint. My husband was also seen by him, tested and he called when he needed to be treated. His secretary always calls back. Sometimes he gets behind with his appointments since he is teaching new doctors. He is also a professor and teaches at the UofT.Believe me in my nursing career I have seen many horrors for physicians. HE IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 6, 2010 | flag

I amm alive today as a direct result of Dr. Habal's caring nature and dedication. He called me at home and arranged to meet me at the hospital on his holidays because he was concerned about my symptoms. When it became apparent that I had a life threatening condition he brought in multiple specialists to determine the best course of action. Although sometimes a bit abrupt when he is really busy I have found he listens , asks relevant questions and discusses the options available to me. I have been advised by many physicians that had I gone to my local hospital I would not have survived. I have been his patient for 15 years now and am grateful for his care.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2010 | flag

Excellent doctor!VERY Pro-active. Pre-cancerous polyp found in my husband's colon and original doc wanted to remove it via colonoscopy and follow up with colonoscopies. Went to Habal for 2nd opinion andafter performing colonoscopy insisted my husband needed to have his colon removed based on additional health factors.We were a bit skeptical so he did a second colonoscopy with numerous biopsies and they infact found pre-cancerous cells not only in the original polyp but throughout the colon TISSUE where doctors don't usually look. My husband had the surgery and is doing well. Also, at both colonoscopies, Habal had a surgeon present. excellent Gastroeneterologist, very knowledgeable. I also find it very positive when a physician is interested in their patients beyond the health issues and tries to get to know them. It means that they begin to view you as a human being with history and a life as opposed to just a body they are treating.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2009 | flag