Dr. R. P. Ashcroft

Rate Dr. R. P. Ashcroft

Dr. R. P. Ashcroft's Ratings

Dr. Ashcroft is an excellent optometrist. We are so lucky to have him in Dauphin. Consumate professional, easy to communicate with, responsive to questions, and really excellent with diagnosis, prescriptions, and the like. Though I live in Dauphin, I would travel a long way to receive service from him.

Submitted July 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. R. Ashcroft is an exceptionally wonderful, caring, very proffessional, knowledgeable, Doctor. Very highly recommended for anyone interested in a great Optometrist.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2009 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Ashcroft by the local hospital emergency ward. I had something in my eye which the hospital could not find. Even though I had no appointment, Dr. Ashcroft saw me and removed the foreign body from my eye. He didn't charge me anything and even phoned my home a few days later to make sure everything was okay. I feel that Dr. Ashcroft went out of his way to look after me.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2008 | flag

My husband and I changed from our Optometrist to see Dr. Ashcroft, I believe about 3 years ago - and we are 150% pleased. What a wise decision. He puts his patients at ease, likes to chat about everyday things and explains all the tests, and answers any questions we ask. We are very happy with him.

Submitted April 15, 2007 | flag

I really like Randy as an eye doctor he knows what he is doing keep up the good work.

Submitted March 20, 2007 | flag

My first visit with him this year, prior to that I went to Scotia Optical in Brandon for glasses at half price. I was a little nervous telling him where I got my last set when he asked, but needlessly so. Testing is done in a relaxed atmosphere, no rush to get me out of there. Randy takes the time to talk to you about your workplace and habits in making up the prescription. He also enjoys chatting about other things, helps us to get to know each other. Then the girls helped me pick out frames, and he comes out to have another look to make sure everything is okay. He also explains that the glasses are covered by warrantee for a year too. They take time to adjust your glasses, whenever I need it done - no appointment necessary.

Submitted March 17, 2007 | flag

dr. ashcroft is a very pleasant and knowledeable doctor who puts you at ease immediately upon meeting him. he treats both adults and the children in our family. when our youngest was recently diagnosed with needing to wear glasses and was upset about it, he spent the extra time with her to let her know that her feelings made sense but pointed all the good the glasses would do for her. he watched her as she picked out her frames and when we picked up the finished glasses, complimented her on the way they looked and made her feel good about needing to wear the glasses. we usually have a lovely chat while he inspects our vision and he lets us in on any new knowledge he has come across on our conditions.

Submitted March 14, 2007 | flag

When I took my mother to see him because of a concern we had with her eyes it was the first time that I met him. My first impressions were very good. He was very pleasant and listened to my mother explain what had happened to her. He gave her a though exam and was very pleasent. Altough he had no mediacal explaination as to what had caused my mother's vision to become blurred for only a couple of seconds, he admited this to us and offered a few suggestions as to what may of happened. He was very honest about this. Since this has not reoccured, he reassured my mother that there should be nothing to worry about.He advised us that should it happen again to come back. This was great news and gave my mother great relief.I don't live in the Dauphin area but would highly recommend anyone who does and needs an optomotist to see him.

Submitted March 14, 2007 | flag

My family and I having been going to Ashcroft for about 20 years. I've found him to be very friendly,asks about the family members. When my son wanted contacts, the office staff made sure he knew how to put them in and take him out. Dr. Ashcroft gave us his home phone number in case my son had any difficulty. If anything was wrong with your glasses, the problem was always looked after.

Submitted March 11, 2007 | flag

My testing, diagnosis and answers to my questions were professional and responses were made in a way that I could understand. The only negative is that there is no mention of the ability to acquire a prescription where one may shop around for glasses purchase elsewhere. If a person is unaware there is a sense that one "should" purchase the glasses there on the spot to save the small percentage reduced price which is only available at that moment.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2007 | flag