You may also like

Rate Dr. Barry Koehler

Dr. Barry Koehler's Ratings

He has been my rheumatologist for nine years and I found him to be extremely knowledgeable and caring. I believe his treatment regime for my disease has kept me alive and I have nothing but trust and admiration for him. He is extremely dedicated to his profession and now that he is retiring, I am really going to miss him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr Koehler has been my doctor for almost 25 years. He is Fantastic. I don't know what I will do when he eventually retires. The very best doctor I have ever had the pleasure to see. Caring, knowledgeable, an advocate for his clients, and his office staff are second to none!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

I never felt I was listened to. In a period on 2 years I was put on 8 different medications. My condition kept getting worse and he never seemed to be hearing me when I told him what my symptoms were. He took me off a medicine that was helping and ended up putting me on nothing! I have and inflammatory arthritic condition that he never did in 3 years diagnose. All in all an awful experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Koehler for many years. He always listens and goes out of his way to help me. He has given me helpful advice for other health issues as well. Hes polite and respectful. He NEVER rushes me out the door. Thank you Dr. Koehler for doing such a great job helping me with my arthritis issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr. Koehler is one of the best Rheumatologists I've seen. I'm probably one of his youngest patients with Lupus and he takes the time to answer ALL of my questions that I have and he seems to genuinely care about how I'm doing and feeling and how my school is going. He really knows his stuff and takes a detailed history of the time that has elapsed since apppointments to stay up to date on how we are doing. He is wonderful and I highly recommend him but his office staff are very rude and unpleasant. At my last appointment I waited almost 2 hours past my appointment time to see him (he was running late) and the office staff didn't even say a word to me about the wait, even when I asked! He however, was very apologetic about the wait which you don't get from doctors very often!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I was in extreme pain for several years and had been misdiganosed by another specialist. Thankfully, my GP was certain I had RA and I was finally fortunate enough to see Dr. Koehler. He was sure it was RA but had a number of tests done to be 100% sure. At that point, he prescribed some medication and I was lucky because it worked. We did not have to try a bunch to find the right one. I see him every six months, but have been pain free for many years. I think he is a very helpful, kind and wonderful doctor. Anyone would be lucky to be his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2013

I was diagnoised with RA at the age of 33 and was under the care of Dr. Koehler. Long story short, he referred me to a great physiotherapist at Rmd. Hospital and prescribed numerous meds until we found the right combination that worked. He was very helpful and I felt fortunate to be under his expert care. I am now pain-free and no longer need to see him, but I am grateful for his expertise and his compassionate care for my condition and how it effected my life. I always felt like I was well looked after by him and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2012

I found Dr. Koehler to be condescending & unhelpful. He is not open to treatment suggestions from the patient and offered few suggestions of his own except "live with it". If you suffer from fibromyalgia/CFS, ask to be referred to someone else. His staff, however, is friendly & considerate of patient needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr Koehler has been my DR..for over 10 years and I am proud and thankful I am his patient. He has helped me through the bad times and has always been there when I needed him...I applaud! his dedication and compassion..as a doctor and friend..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

My mother has been a patient of Dr. Koehler's for a number years (RA), and he's been most helpful. Now that I am my mother's primary caregiver, he's been very helpful to me as I've sought the best options for her. Even though my mother is in her 80's, Dr.Koehler is still very concerned about her quality of life, and looks for the best treatment methothds.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1385828].votes_count ]]