Rate Dr. William Ross

Dr. William Ross's Ratings

a well respected doctor with many years experience. Total disregard for patients time, obvious overbooking,90 minute wait but no apologies. I wonder what his reaction would be if he was kept waiting for an appointment at say his accountants office for over am hour. He must be making significant money at the rate of turnover on the day we were there..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Very helpful and kind. Very efficient with his time and getting people in and out quickly, without totally feeling like a cattle call. However there were a lot of people in the office already when I arrived for my 8:30 am appointment, and I was there for about 1.5 hours. I chalk it up to a system with not enough doctors, or he's just the best and you just wait for the best. I'm fine with that, but just be prepared and give yourself enough time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

People tend to respond to his communication skills, which are somewhat like being in a Montreal deli -- a mix of well intentioned optimism and well practiced albeit cliched lines.

Smart, kind, manages his time efficiently while dealing with serious matters.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2577608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Ross' for 37 years, since I was a teenager. He is responsible for saving the sight in my eye and ensuring the vision in my other eye is unaffected. He went out of his way to save my eye when he had no reason to do so. I will never forget what he has done for me and I will probably never be able to adequately or reasonably repay him for what he has done for me. I like to tell him that we have grown old as doctor and patient. He is a tremendous doctor and an even better human being. It is apparent to me that he has probably made more than a few personal sacrifices to ensure the vision of his patients is not in any danger. When he decides to retire, there will be a void that probably can't be filled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I can see why this doctor hasn't been rated for a while. Most of his patients are elderly and probably don't use the internet. I was a first time patient today and found him to be punctual, helpful and actually quite kind. He was busy and obviously wasn't interested in spending a bunch of time chatting about the weather, but he answered my questions and made me feel comfortable. The procedure he did wasn't a pleasant experience, but he gave me calm instructions throughout and did it efficiently, so that it was over quickly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

After reading the other comments below it reminds me of the TV series, "House." Both are apparently great doctors with bad bedside manners. Even though I felt I was treated in a very rushed manner, I'm sure Dr. Ross just wants to help as many people as he can and not waste time with chit chat and holding hands. I didn't wait very long despite a full waiting room. I listened to how he interacted with other patients and it seems like he is more pleasant to those that have had surgery from him or have been a long-time patient. My great eye doctor referred me to him and I trust it was because Dr. Ross is the best. As retinal detachment may be my problem and Dr. Ross' expertise, I will stay and bear his curtness. I've had a previous ophthamologist in the past who made me cry but I'm an adult with thicker skin now and just want my eyes well. I'll see how my next year's appt goes and give my next review then. Maybe the "helpfulness" rating will be better next year.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2011

It saddens me to read all the negative feedback towards Dr. Ross. He is one of the most highly regarded eye specialists on the continent and has saved the eyesight of countless patients. He deoes not run his practice to socialize with patients. Perhaps his manner is a bit "curt", but he gets results and that is what matters! I have been seeing him for 25 years and have had issues with bleeds in my eyes, from being a type 1 diabetic for 40+ years. Dr Ross has kept my eyesight 20/20 over this time, and I'll be forever indebted to him for that. Personality aside, Dr Ross gets results, and if that is not enough for you, then go elsewhere!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

impersonal; often rude to staff in front of full waiting room; rather imperious; but, highly regarded in his field by his colleagues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2011

I know see double. Dr Ross said your brain will adjust. It has ajusted to close one eye. Good luck with yours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1386313].votes_count ]]