Rate Dr. Michael Hobart

Dr. Michael Hobart's Ratings

I attended appointments with my husband. The waiting time about 15-20 minutes which was good. All our questions got answered. Clear directions where given for the biopsy then the surgery. I really liked the followup phone call the week after surgery to make sure everything was going OK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Receptionist super rude on phone when trying to book an appointment! Hope the Dr. is more patient with people.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2558497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Mike Hobart is one of the best people I know and an excellent doctor. His assistant Patsy can have an edge to her but as I have gotten to know her she is a very helpful and compasionate person, she can and is often missunderstood and can come on a little strong but I can tell you she has helped me a lot.They make a great team and I trust Mike aka Mike the Plumber with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

My dad was diagnosed with a gleason score of 7 about 3 months ago. Dr. Adrian Fairey works in the same office as Dr.Hobart kept my dad informed on different treatment options and provided all the information that was needed. I never met his office staff, but my dad said that they were very polite and nice. Dr.Fairey was unable to perform the Da Vinci Prostatectomy until late August as he was booked solid so Dr. Hobart took my dad on and performed the surgery yesterday. The surgery went very well at 2 hours and 45 minutes. After the anesthetic wore off, my dad was determined to get up and moving. Today he was able to walk down the hospital corridor with minimal pain thanks to the amazing skill of Dr.Hobart. I highly recommend Dr.Hobart as a surgeon for his skill, professionalism and knowledge of the robotic Da Vinci method.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

He is a great Doctor!! Straight to the point and I am recovering with minimal pain. Staff called to check on me and make sure that I understood the instructions given to me. Couldn't ask for better, Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

My dad had seen this dr back in july at which time he was told everything looked fine and no need for f/u. we recieved a call months later telling us that my dad missed his ct scan that was booked for jan 11.we were never made aware of this appt and were panicking as the receptionist (who is rude, abrasive and unprofessional) told us that they "found nodules on his lung". naturally we were worried and when we called to let them know we were never made aware and if there could get a ct earlier the receptionist was no help-she blamed my dad. she was rude on the phone, told me she was getting frustrated with me.later we find out she intentionally exaggerated her story when relaying to dr.h and we found out from our Gp that dr.h discharged my dad and banned him from seeing the 13other urologist at the clinic despite meeting him only once. our GP also was told this could effect other pts of his from being seen at the clinic. This dr cares more about the needs of his receptionist than pt.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1389997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

At my first appt.Itook one of my sons with me,Dr.H took all the time we needed,never showing even a hint of impatience. For my second appt.I took another son and Dr. H treated him with the same respect we had experienced in my first visit. He made sure that all of our questions were answered, and did not make any move to leave till they were. He, himself,even went so far as to phone me at home with some test results just to make sure I wasn't freaked out by the numbers. He is very professional and very confident in his abilities. He is not one for small talk, nor should he be, he has a job to do.I have had several conversations with his nurse and she has never come off as insolent or rude.I cannot help but think that if a person has had a problem with this office, it must be because they had a chip on their shoulder to begin with. Not only would I overwhelmingly recommend Dr. Hobart, I would advise any man to do all you can do be referred to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Very sweet and competent. very kind to the core of his heart.Listens very carefully and answers questions to utter satisfaction. Very confident and clear. Great professional. May God bless him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

I live over 300 miles away from his office and his remark EVERYTIME is "come down for a CONSULT" - THAT IS WHY THEY CREATED PHONES, I'm Insulin-dependent diabetic/stone(s) in bladder/and now prostate cancer - and feel ABSOLUTELY NO TRUST for this doctor in any way. And yes his "girl" (not mentioning name P) is the MOST RUDE & ABRASIVE person I have ever met. There is confidence & and then there is arrogance - and when you answer "personal phone calls" in the middle of your appointment - be kept waiting for over and 90 min (when you were 20 min early) for the app. I need to feel trust for someone to cut into me and there is LESS than NONE right now! I wish there was a Better Business Bureau for doctors and then I would apply there. It is Very Painful to drive 13 1/2 hours (round trip)just to TALK to him for 10 min. to arrange another CONSULT later. Please tell me where are the Cracker-Jack boxes so I can get my licence to practice med in Alberta - next stop MP for Alta. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1389994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2011

HORRIBLE care, what a jerk. I can't believe how poorly he treated my wife. Then even after the surgury the problem persisted, AND she got an infection and was hospitalized. But he didn't seem to care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389999].votes_count ]]