You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Hobart

Dr. Michael Hobart's Ratings

Doctor Hobart performed prostate surgery on me in February 2015 and I feel it could not have been more successful. EVERYTHING is now functioning and I'm now sleeping without waking up at all. I feel like a NEW MAN. Thank you Doctor Hobart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

HAH! Rudest receptionist I've ever met in any field. If Dr. Hobart was smart, he'd fire that vile woman and replace her with someone competent. 6 months of waiting (and then having my appointment cancelled and moved without notice, on a day in which I had 2 exams and a group presentation. Rebooked 6 weeks later. 1 hour after my appoint time (to which I was 20 min early), one of his med students he oversees (someone without an MD yet) for 5 min, asking history and symptoms. Amazing med student! Compassionate, knowledgeable, caring. 30 seconds with Dr. Hobart about 10 min later, only to be referred to his colleague in the Alberta Urology institute for an exam. Didn't examine my labs available on Netcare to all doctors, no verification of facts from his protege, complete and utter apathy of a revolving door specialist. Go elsewhere for results!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2745088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

For those who are not comfortable with Dr. Hobart - if you are looking to hear what you want to hear - he's the wrong guy - as he should be. He is straight forward and says the facts. I found him to be highly professional at all times. Yes, he can be brief but will certainly answer questions if you ask. He spent a significant amount of time with me right before the surgery and did a fantastic job. I credit my excellent recovery to his excellent work. A long compassionate conversation should be with your rabbi, priest, friends or family. If you want a highly competent well trained and concerned surgeon, see Mike Hobart. As to Patsy, when I smiled I got a smile back. When I forgot my paperwork, she provided a whole new set for me. She was happy to help and did so quickly and efficiently. Thanks also to the staff at RAH and particularly Dr. Patel who was terrific.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2744338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Have experienced him both helpful and curt. His receptionist is great when you do exactly what she expects you to, and horrible if you don't anticipate her correctly, or if you interfere with her in any way.

I have needed more follow up, which Dr. Hobart is doing for me. And I appreciate that he didn't just drop it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2648824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I attended appointments with my husband. The waiting time about 15-20 minutes which was good. All our questions got answered. Clear directions where given for the biopsy then the surgery. I really liked the followup phone call the week after surgery to make sure everything was going OK.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Receptionist super rude on phone when trying to book an appointment! Hope the Dr. is more patient with people.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2558497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Mike Hobart is one of the best people I know and an excellent doctor. His assistant Patsy can have an edge to her but as I have gotten to know her she is a very helpful and compasionate person, she can and is often missunderstood and can come on a little strong but I can tell you she has helped me a lot.They make a great team and I trust Mike aka Mike the Plumber with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

My dad was diagnosed with a gleason score of 7 about 3 months ago. Dr. Adrian Fairey works in the same office as Dr.Hobart kept my dad informed on different treatment options and provided all the information that was needed. I never met his office staff, but my dad said that they were very polite and nice. Dr.Fairey was unable to perform the Da Vinci Prostatectomy until late August as he was booked solid so Dr. Hobart took my dad on and performed the surgery yesterday. The surgery went very well at 2 hours and 45 minutes. After the anesthetic wore off, my dad was determined to get up and moving. Today he was able to walk down the hospital corridor with minimal pain thanks to the amazing skill of Dr.Hobart. I highly recommend Dr.Hobart as a surgeon for his skill, professionalism and knowledge of the robotic Da Vinci method.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

He is a great Doctor!! Straight to the point and I am recovering with minimal pain. Staff called to check on me and make sure that I understood the instructions given to me. Couldn't ask for better, Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1389998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

My dad had seen this dr back in july at which time he was told everything looked fine and no need for f/u. we recieved a call months later telling us that my dad missed his ct scan that was booked for jan 11.we were never made aware of this appt and were panicking as the receptionist (who is rude, abrasive and unprofessional) told us that they "found nodules on his lung". naturally we were worried and when we called to let them know we were never made aware and if there could get a ct earlier the receptionist was no help-she blamed my dad. she was rude on the phone, told me she was getting frustrated with me.later we find out she intentionally exaggerated her story when relaying to dr.h and we found out from our Gp that dr.h discharged my dad and banned him from seeing the 13other urologist at the clinic despite meeting him only once. our GP also was told this could effect other pts of his from being seen at the clinic. This dr cares more about the needs of his receptionist than pt.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1389997].votes_count ]]