Rate Dr. Chris Anjema

Dr. Chris Anjema's Ratings

Dr. Anjema does not only possess extraordinary skills, but on the human side, he is very compassionate and actually cares about his patients. All doctors are very busy, so, I try not to make idle chit chat in respect to his profession. However, he is very humble and will answer your questions with detail. He is to be commended for his care and personable traits. Not seen in all the new breed of doctor's today. He goes above and beyond when it comes to the greatness of mankind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

I have had cataract surgery on both eyes. When I did my follow-up visits at his new 'castle' there was always a 2 1/2r. wait for a 10 minute visit. On my last visit the Dr. gave my file to a nurse who then advised that I was to have 4 more tests done and only 3 were covered by OHIP. The 4th test would cost $190.00. I was given an appointment for 5 days later, which I cancelled. I was able to get the tests required done by my optometrist at no charge.I asked 2 nurses why a 2 hour wait, their standard reply was that there was emergencies. I did not see any ambulance show up. What a poor experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

He is a very good Dr but he knows how to get into your wallet. I needed a lense replacement due to cataracts and he included expensive extras in his "package" that could have been options. He also charged for a letter for my employer on top of all the inflated prices.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2013

not really sure of results lack of verbal feed back relying on technicians very strongly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

Based on 7 visits I beleive Dr.Anjema deserves all of his creditials and is a skilled doctor. However, when he does come into the room in which I'd been sitting for quite some time things seem to go quickly in a coordinated way, but fast. I feel it's hard for me to ask questions while he has one foot out the door, running off with my file to the pass off point to the office staff. (I don't ask questions while he is working at my eyes/file as not to distract him from my care.) Parking is $3. Scheduling appointments outside of work and on certain days of the week can be difficult.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

First operation made eye worse. Had to redo it. Results still not acceptable. His competence is questionable in my opinion based on my experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2012

"Thank-you" Dr. Anjema for making it possible for me not only to see but to read without glasses! My cataracts came fast and furious! A simple "Thank-you" does not seem enough! Staff was knowledgable, helpful and kind- (especially Jane) who explained all the eye tests to both my husband and me. I was scared to have the surgery done but felt from the onset I was in very good hands with Dr. Anjema. My surgeries went without a hitch thanks to his skillful hands and knowledge. Yippee! Yippee! I can see! - Lynda Thompson

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2012

Dr. A. did my lower lids. He's a trained oculoplastic surgeon from the Ivey Institute and Emory University. He understood my goals for the surgery and followed up with me in a caring and kind manner that I have not experienced elsewhere. His private College approved OR is outstanding!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1399415].votes_count ]]