You may also like

Rate Dr. Douglas Waterman

Dr. Douglas Waterman's Ratings

Worst possible surgeon a woman can encounter. I was a repeat c section, he rush through the surgery and didn't wait till my baby was clean to start roughly cleaning my uterus, I was utterly scare as I had a bad experience with the previous c section where the spinal wore off mid surgery. He then jam his hand inside me and yank forcefully and threatened to leave me on the table. I yelled out in pain and then he barked at the staff around saying he can't work like this with me winching and making so much noise. Looking back, with the other two delivery which was done at another hospital, they always hand me the baby before the rough cleaning happen. I was just shock at the level of disregard and down right plain roughness I had to suffer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Waterman for approximately 20 years and I've always been treated well by him and his staff. He is courteous, professional, and has a good sense of humour. He has performed several surgical procedures on me and recently removed both of my ovaries without any complications - I was amazed at how quick the recovery was! I am happy to have a Gynecologist who cares so much about his patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2764380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. waterman took out a benign tumor from my uterus when I was 28. I was worried I would never have children but he assured me he was careful not to touch the lining. He was right, I had a beautiful boy when I was 31 whom he delivered naturally. I was in labour for 48 hours and pushed for 4 and finally he came out. Normally they would have done a C-section but he knew I was extremely dead set against having one, and because the baby wasn't in distress he allowed me to give birth naturally. He is direct, with a good sense of humour, professional and knowledgable. I am happy with his dedication to the profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

I think Dr. Waterman is the bomb, he is informative without talking over my head, he is professional without being stiff and friendly without being over friendly. He speaks colloquially so that I do not misunderstand what he says. His breezy way of speaking helps keep me at easy. The ONLY complaint I have is that he is always running late. I can deal with that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

I showed up for my appointment, only to find out that they made an error with the timing for my appointment, and therefore had to wait for 45 minutes. The receptionist was not friendly or apologetic.

When I got into the office with Dr. Waterman, he made me feel uncomfortable and talked about things that were not appropriate and/or awkward. He just seemed very nervous and looked at me in a leerish way. I would not go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2623240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

just great did surgery on me was willing to see me when I needed his help to understand wats happening

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I have been lucky enough to be Dr. Waterman's patient. During my treatment, Dr. Waterman was exceptionally kind, attentive, and patient. He took his time to explain the procedure and treatment options to me. He followed up and answered all my questions. He is friendly and has a great sense of humour. The ladies, Trudy and Nicole, are also the most organized and professional assistants I've ever met.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2014

Worst doctor I have seen in a long time. He tried to frighten me into being induced, and when I questioned it and asked the options he said I was lucky my baby wasn't dead and that people walk into the hospital with dead babies all the time. While I was questioning him about my concerns and asking him about research (from actual medical journals) he got mad and his nurse was rolling her eyes. WORST experience on earth. He should be ashamed of himself, and I would NEVER recommend anyone use this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2013

I had amnio performed by Dr. Waterman and I was truly charmed by him. He was very supportive and attentive. I was very nervous before the procedure. After amnio I felt like singing and smiled all way home, thanks to his words of encouragement and support. He was very personal and approachable, I felt like a person he really cares about, not just another patient in a lineup. His nurse was very sweet, too. I felt like I envied her to have such a great doctor to work with all day long. The procedure was very quick and virtually painless. Though the whole thing the doctor commented on what was going on which was very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

When I first saw Dr Waterman for a consult in his New West office I could not believe how much time he gave me. He performed tests and then sat me down in his office to tell me all I needed to know about the Laprascopic Supracervical Hysterectomy & bladder repair he would be performing on me. He was not rushed as I would expect most specialists are. He made me fell very comfortable about the entire procedure. My own Dr had not believed that it was possible to have this particular surgery done laproscpically due to the enlarged size of my uterus. I was so thankful that I had been referred to Dr Waterman by my sister-in-law who was an RN at the Columbian and told me that all the nurses want Dr Waterman. Before the surgery Dr Waterman came to me & my hubby and made us both feel very good about the upcoming surgery & then phoned hubby after to say all was well. It was awesome to have this kind of surgery & then be able to walk out the same day & go home. I love, love, love Dr Waterman

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1402441].votes_count ]]