Rate Dr. Douglas Waterman

Dr. Douglas Waterman's Ratings

I have been lucky enough to be Dr. Waterman's patient. During my treatment, Dr. Waterman was exceptionally kind, attentive, and patient. He took his time to explain the procedure and treatment options to me. He followed up and answered all my questions. He is friendly and has a great sense of humour. The ladies, Trudy and Nicole, are also the most organized and professional assistants I've ever met.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2014 | flag

Worst doctor I have seen in a long time. He tried to frighten me into being induced, and when I questioned it and asked the options he said I was lucky my baby wasn't dead and that people walk into the hospital with dead babies all the time. While I was questioning him about my concerns and asking him about research (from actual medical journals) he got mad and his nurse was rolling her eyes. WORST experience on earth. He should be ashamed of himself, and I would NEVER recommend anyone use this doctor.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2013 | flag

I had amnio performed by Dr. Waterman and I was truly charmed by him. He was very supportive and attentive. I was very nervous before the procedure. After amnio I felt like singing and smiled all way home, thanks to his words of encouragement and support. He was very personal and approachable, I felt like a person he really cares about, not just another patient in a lineup. His nurse was very sweet, too. I felt like I envied her to have such a great doctor to work with all day long. The procedure was very quick and virtually painless. Though the whole thing the doctor commented on what was going on which was very helpful.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

When I first saw Dr Waterman for a consult in his New West office I could not believe how much time he gave me. He performed tests and then sat me down in his office to tell me all I needed to know about the Laprascopic Supracervical Hysterectomy & bladder repair he would be performing on me. He was not rushed as I would expect most specialists are. He made me fell very comfortable about the entire procedure. My own Dr had not believed that it was possible to have this particular surgery done laproscpically due to the enlarged size of my uterus. I was so thankful that I had been referred to Dr Waterman by my sister-in-law who was an RN at the Columbian and told me that all the nurses want Dr Waterman. Before the surgery Dr Waterman came to me & my hubby and made us both feel very good about the upcoming surgery & then phoned hubby after to say all was well. It was awesome to have this kind of surgery & then be able to walk out the same day & go home. I love, love, love Dr Waterman

Submitted June 9, 2012 | flag

My mom had a A & P repair hammock performed by Dr. Douglas H Waterman on April 24, 2012 I have to say, my mom was very comfortable going into surgery as Dr. Douglas H Waterman gave her that sense of wellbeing. The surgery went very well, Dr. Douglas H Waterman came to visit my mother in the hospital after her surgery and I have to say, his bedside manner was exceptional, my mother was not a number. He left her bedside and I was left with the thought, that this man is actually following what he is truly meant to do in life! His level of care for my mom was exceptional. He actually sat down and spent time chatting to her and he helped me, with her after care. Dr, Douglas H Waterman even went out of his way to tell me what she should eat. Dr. Douglas H Waterman even called my mom's home to see how she was doing after surgery. I have to say, I am extremely thankful for his level of care for my mom who soon will be 76 years of age. I am very grateful he was her surgeon.

Submitted May 2, 2012 | flag

If you are planning on getting a hysterectomy, and if you are planning on sueing the doctor for neglience this is the place to go. Dr. Waterman nearly killed my 43 year old healthy mother. What was suppose to be a simple laparoscopic hysterectomy turned out to be a living nightmare causing her to almost lose her life, if it wasn't for Dr. Van Heest (Royal columbian hospital) who saved her life. Waterman tried to perform the initial surgery through the larparoscope, but failed because he said she was 'bleeding too much' but did not tell me the reason why. He ended up making a large incision on her stomach to take the fibroids+uterus out. My mothers recovery was very unsual she had been fevering at 39 degrees for two weeks straight. He told her she was fine and to keep taking tylenol. On the third week, she excreted chunks of blood. Called 911, was rushed to the hospital. Got a CT scan, Waterman told us she had a little clot, which was a lie. Her stomach was filled with blood + bacteria.

Submitted March 3, 2012 | flag

Very good doctor. He understood what I was going through. He knew all the previous specialists I had spoken to and told me if he agreed or not with them. He took my time with me and treated me like I was on the same level. I advised me of good books to read and recommended a physiotherapist to help out. It was like having a great conversation with someone who completely understood something you have been trying to convince other people for years about.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2011 | flag

I have nothing but good praise for Dr Waterman. He was the only Dr willing to do my tubulization at a young age under special circumstances. His bedside manners go above and beyond expectations. His staff is great as well. I have not encountered another OBGYN as professional as him. I continue to see him on a regular basis and have recommended him to all my girlfriends and they have had no problems with him or their pregnancies.

Submitted March 10, 2011 | flag

Dr Watterman was a locum for my ObGyn. He told me not to worry as he could get any baby out in 5 minutes or less! I was having twins. He wanted me to deliver before Christmas for staff convenience...not my priority. I had a healthy pregnancy, both babies were well positioned but under 5 lbs at 36wks(not unusual). I agreed to a trial induction. 12 hrs later I didn't want my membranes ruptured as I wasn't dilating and the babies were still high. Even though I said no he stripped the memberanes and tried to rupture them anyhow. It was only because the nurse showed me the amnihook and asked if it was what I wanted to do that I knew his intention. I just about kicked him I was so angry and felt violated. I deliveded 2 healthy babies a week later with no complications. In my opinion he was verging on assault. I hope he is wiser now.

Submitted July 9, 2010 | flag

I don't have a single good thing to say about him. I ended up in emerg because I was pregnant and hemorrhaging, after going threw several adult diapers to catch the blood he called it mild spotting. The nurse completely diasgreed. I had also had PROM at 15 weeks with my pregnancy so he admitted me and was my doctor. He told me that doing ultrasounds was a waste of my time because my daughter was a waste of his time she wouldn't live. 4 patients and one nurse heard him say it and were all shocked by his behavior. I pushed to be transfered to Womens where they did weekly ultrasounds. I carried my daughter to 31 weeks she is now 3 and healthy. I am so glad I changed doctors and hospitals.

Submitted May 6, 2010 | flag