Rate Dr. Blaine Cruickshank

Dr. Blaine Cruickshank's Ratings

I really need a good family doctor. I used to have Dr Gary Houslander and Dr Coppolino as my psychiatrist, but they retired. I'm a widow with a really healthy son that is in college and smart.
I'm just crazy but otherwise fairly healthy. My son is never sick. The doctor that our old family doctor passed his practice onto, Dr John Robert Ghali, made him get circumsized twice after he fired me because Dr Mohamad told me to ask him when he got his license to practice psychiatry, because they did a psych analysis on me and didn't agree with his diagnosis or the medicines he prescribed. I'm guessing that he isn't a psychiatrist any more than an oncologist. My mom had breast cancer and had a really good doctor Sharkey that operated on her and she was on 1 chemo pill tomoxiafin a day, but because he's Arab, my dad and brother wanted her gone so he switched her pill and the cancer went through her and she died, 6 months before my dad married his mistress. Then i got a new female Dr Elzbeita Bednarska but she thought Coppolino was a drug-pusher and wouldn't follow his script. She said she was seeing a Waterloo Regional Police officer so I had to eat the drugs she prescribed which both Coppolino and I didn't want. My son went to her and he applied for life insurance and he got a letter back from Manulife stating based on her medical files, he was being declined and not to re-apply. The cops broke his leg in March (he made the Dean's honour list and he doesn't even have a parking ticket, so easy target, they usually do that to university students though) She recommended a doctor but my son found this other dr that didn't want to operate and put pins in his leg so she got mad because we went with this dr that just put a cast on and it healed perfectly. I contacted the college of P & S, and Ministry of Health and I got a letter saying she can't treat us anymore but she won't give us our medical records. The college says she has 30 days (Nov 10) but they won't give them to us neither. They just discipline them. I need a GP to get our records to give to our lawyers and someone that can say it's medically impossible for my head to turn around 360 and I'm not demon possessed. My lawyers can prove that I came from my mom not my stepmom which was my dad's cousin who he married after my mom died. They can also prove my son's name is Mike not John and he's always had my last name. I need a doctor to measure him and say he isn't 6 feet tall, only about 5'8 and put that in writing and say it may be possible for me to be 180 and drop 60 pounds in a month, and I can explain the green vomit (broccoli & ceaser salad) but my son couldn't medically shrink that fast. Neither of us have criminal records, my son doesn't even have a parking ticket, but they have a new court now in the Region of Waterloo called Mental court and they send you to jail if you have PTSD or a mental illness and are can offer proof of police brutality. I have the best lawyers here and in Toronto and in Britain. I just need a good family doctor that can state simple facts in big, fancy medical words and refer us to good specialists. I need Dr Helmi.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Very professional, a top notch family doctor. Knowledgeable in not just physiological medicine but also anxiety and other psychological disorders.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

Dr. Cruickshank has been my doctor since I was a baby. He is very intelligent and can figure out the problem fairly quickly. He knows when to listen and when to ask questions. I find him very helpful. His secretary is another matter unfortunately. She doesn't speak clearly enough to get past her thick accent and she doesn't listen well when making appointments over the phone. I have had her try to book appointments for me a month or so after the day I call, despite the problem being a fairly urgent one. She is cold and unfriendly, and always makes me feel unwelcome in the waiting area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2011

Dr Cruickshank is the best. I have had him for 37 years. The best thing about him besides his caring personality is he will not prescribe drugs unless necessary. I personally do not like taking drugs and this was a plus for me. He listens intently and is honestly caring. His nurse is awesome, but his receptionist could be a little nicer. The one he had before her was also difficults. Perhaps it's the job

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr Cruickshank always goes above and beyond expectations. On a particularly stressful issue, he phoned personally as soon as he received the test results, right before a holiday, just so I could be put at ease. He is very knowledgable, thorough, efficient and personable. Overall I couldn't ask for a better doctor. His nurse is also absolutely wonderful. The secretary does okay with what I presume can be a very frustrating/challenging job, though I have had one or two frustrating experiences phoning in to her. Nonetheless, I am pleased to have Dr. Cruickshank as my physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

Great doctor - very helpful and caring. His staff is also very caring and polite. Would recommend him to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2010

Dr. Cruickshank has been my doctor for over 30 years (wow I cannot believe it has been that long). He is FANTASTIC. He is very knowledgeable; you can tell that he stays up to date with latest advancements in medicine. He is professional and an overall nice man too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2009

Can't say enough good things about Dr Cruickshank. He's exceptionally knowledgeable, professional and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2009

My doctor's best quality is that he is not a pill pusher - He tries to find alternative ways to cure you, ie a hot water bottle even

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2009

Dr. Cruickshank has been my family physcian for 30 years as of this year(2008). I have found him to be continuously improving in his efficiency as my diagnostician throughout the years, and always exudes professionalism with true care for his patients. I also appreciate his excellent skills on diagnosis, treatment, and if/when needed referral to specialists. He truly loves what he does, he communicates clearly and thoroughly, and is a man of great moral fiber. I am so thankful to have Dr. Cruickshank as my doctor, I just cannot say it with the proper appreciation-thanks for everything Dr. Cruickshank. You have truly been a friend with all the great help along the way in my life, and also in the lives of my two children, who both, were and still are, in the good doctor's care. I am especially thankful for referrals to specialists and the good doc following up on tests and communicating any anomalies to me immediately. He and his staff do make a great team. Thanks for all the help doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1405318].votes_count ]]