Rate Dr. Aaron G. Filler

Dr. Aaron G. Filler's Ratings

I went to this doctor with severe right side pain. 3 years later it's actually worse from the surgeries that were done. There was no follow up care and getting medical records sent to another doctor is a nightmare. I live on the east coast and spent in excess of $50,000 between cost of flying out and his fees. Ridiculous! Now in 2014 I still can't afford care for my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

My husband had a 2 year pain in the butt (literally). In pure desperation we turned to the neurography institute. What a mistake! During the test the tech actually told him that every test she had ever done for them was positive for what the requesting physician was questioning. The test is very expensive. $4020. My insurance said that in California the max allowable charge for this is about $1700. That aside it was the staff that made this a terrible experience. I feel the while thing is shady. A particularly nasty woman, Hannah, harassed us relentlessly for payment. The agreed payment was $300/month but she wanted the payment in full. The agreement we signed stated that we had a year to pay off this huge bill but she agreed that we had 30 days from completion of insurance claim. She is quite unreasonable. I have no idea if Dr Filler knows how terrible his staff is but they are shameful

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Dr. Filler is very knowledgable in the area of PNE. Unfortunately he has a gift that can help thousands of people in the PNE community but uses his gift as a money maker charging astronomical prices. His charges are not reasonable or customary!! There is a large disconnect between himself and his staff. I don't think he has a clue what they do in that office. They are grossly unprofessional to the point of being ruthless. I was shocked when I spoke to his staff...he is a highly regarded surgeon in the field and has authored books and published extensive research on PNE, and this is his support staff, pretty pathetic! If I were as accomplished has he seems to be I would definitely want some one more professional to represent me. Your business is only as good as your weakest link! I was treated and had surgery in 2010, I certainly hope he has addressed his staffing issues since then.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2515504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

Nightmare!!! .....after the so called treatment, anesthesia etc... I stood on the street with my husband ,in the dark with a walker waiting for a taxi...was told Filler would call me in 2weeks...never heard one word...ever.... Only many requests for payment. Insurance doesn't cover anything, they are out of network.... I was much worse for going there, not only physically but monetarily.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1406056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

Dr. Filler is a brilliant surgeon. He's unique in that he's interested in esoteric cases, the ones that other surgeons pass on. You might say he's almost willing to experiment. Consequently he has a mixed record of success. People either are totally cured or utterly destroyed. My own surgery left me exactly where I was. I was very happy not be worse off, so I count my blessings. I spoke to a guy who was totally cured. On the other hand I have a good friend who had piriformis pain and Dr. Filler operated, and he was somewhat improved, should have quit while he was ahead, but he agreed to a second surgery which resulted in cutting muscle to get at the nerve, and he wound up so bad that he's in lifelong agonizing pain; he can't sit, lie down, sleep, or anything but walk the floors. Six years later he's lost near 100 lbs. (now about 85 lbs. total) But others have had fabulous results. He is far too interested in money, though. Compassionate, but his office isn't. He's very expensive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1406049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2014

Anyone interested in taking action against this doctor because of their nightmare please contact me. Email yaldatov@yahoo.com..This guy tore my obturator internus muscle..I had to have surgery 3 months after the same 3 injections he gives everyone...if anything to find moral support..light should be shed on the scam nature of this practice..they take scans that no other competent ethical surgeon will read..wish I had done my homework!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1406055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

Dr. Filler is one of the most amazing Dr.s I have met. He is compassionate, listens, and spends necessary time with patients. I came to Dr. Filler from a surgeon who said there was nothing else to do to fix the problem. Dr. Filler was able to both diagnose and repair the problem. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1406048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2013

We have been dealing with my daughter's medical situation for almost (4) years now and up until a visit with Dr. Filler's, no progress had been made. I am writing this because Dr. Filler has been to say the least, been a "remarkable doctor". My daughter has seen numerous doctors, six to be specific and not one, up until that point, had been able to even give us a diagnosis. It turns out my child had "Pudendal Nerve Entrapment". Pudendal Nerve Entrapment is apparently very uncommon. Dr. Aaron Filler has gone above and beyond to ensure my daughter received the best care possible, he has taken time out of his busy schedule to answer questions via email, usually these emails are answered after normal working hours. He has not only assured me that there was future hope to alleviate my daughter's situation but he cured it, as a mother that means the more than I can put into words. He is a consummate professional and has a tireless work ethic which is quite evident by the notable changes in my daughter's health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1406046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

I just had a second injection-I think he is a genius, and kind, caring man. I had severe, life altering pain in my leg due to entrapped nerves. I tried several specialist (Orthopedist, Neurologist, Pain Specialist, Chiropractor, Physical Therapist). None of them could solve or fix this long term. Just meds/therapy. Limited relief. Dr. Filler, after a physical exam, and looking at my latest tests, said, "I can fix this". Dr. Filler rescued me from pain. YES! billing is confusing, and maybe incompetent. After the MRNeurogram, and first injection Jan. 2012, I received 75% relief. I let bill insurance with a special phone number given by Blue Shield, as I had one an appeal through the state of CA for this treatment. It did get complicated. I went for my 2nd injection yesterday, after my 2nd appeal. This time Blue Shield that I could pay first, and submit my own bills for reimbursement to them. Much cleaner, discounted-cash price. FYI: Dr. Filler has written Neurosurgery Textbooks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1406045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

Dr. Filler is very knowledgable about his field but he is too expensive to be worth his expertise. He is very protective of his knowledge and does not seem to genuinely care about patients. After seeing him for a very expensive initial consult ($500, Blue Cross paid half), with little information given, he recommended doing the MR Neurography at his center which is astronomically expensive. Found another place in Freemont, CA that did it for much less, "Inview Medical Imaging". Brought it back to a very grumpy Dr. Filler who reluctantly agreed to look at it and do a MRI guided injection for Pudendal nerve. Paid $8,000 to do it AFTER insurance paid their portion (orig. $10,000). Even with the MRI guiding him, he missed the spot. Went to see Antolak for 2 injections(that were done in the right place) and paid nothing after insurance. Stay away from this guy and his greedy staff and go somewhere else even if you have to pay to get there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1406043].votes_count ]]