Rate Dr. Derrick I. Wallace

Dr. Derrick I. Wallace's Ratings

He was kind, considerate and professional. He comforted me before and after surgery. He was at my bedside upon waking in recovery to assure me the lump removed was not cancer. Every individual experience is different and subjective. Fir me he is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

First time visit to an ENT for my child (8yrs old) who had been having constant "swimmers ear": twice diagnosed as such by pediatrician. At the time of the visit, the symptoms had all but disappeared but wanted to see him for a detailed explanation on what was going on w/ her ear that would be causing the reoccurrences. After what I would consider a thorough exam of not only her ear, but the structures/systems that feed into the ear (mouth, throat, neck), he concluded that based on our descriptions of her symptoms it may not have been swimmers ear AT ALL but a fungal infection! He advised me/us on how to treat the ear from then on to avoid any relapse. To-date, all has been well with her ear. I found his manner and attention to my child quite exceptional -- she told me after she liked him and would go back again if needed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2013

My experience with Dr. Wallace was profoundly negative. He showed no interest in examining me, only in entering my symptoms into a computer. When I finally asked him to look at my withering, misshapen ear, he said, “It looks fine to me.” When I asked him to feel it, he sighed. Hesitantly, he said, “Well, if you want me to.” Dr. Wallace gave my ear a cursory tug, then declared it perfectly normal. Normal is not the conclusion drawn by my GP or dermatologist. When I pointed out that my ears are different sizes, Dr. Wallace said, “No one’s ears are exactly the same size.” And finally, when I showed him my deteriorated my nose cartilage, he chalked it up to aging. Dr. Wallace either A) thought I was a hypochondriac or B) had no answers and wanted me out of his office as quickly as possible. After leaving, I cried with frustration.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2013

Nice doctor but needs to be more engaging with the patient. Seemed very distant and didn't go into any details.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Didn't help me with my problem. Even though my report was normal I was scheduled to come for follow up and when I went I was told I didn't have to come in but no one called me to inform me. Doctor couldn't even come out to discuss my report for two minutes or to tell me what other tests need to be done without a consultation fee. Without insurance none of the doctors wants to help. It's sad how greed is more important than a human beings health problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

This was my first visit to Dr. Wallace and the first time I ever got my throat scoped. Everything went very smoothly. I waited only 15 minutes in the waiting room. He took his time taking down my medical history, and I felt calm and confident about the scope which took only 5 to 10 minutes! His office staff is nice and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2013

Excellent job done on my painful throat. Very helpful, smiling, treating you without this well known within the other doctor's arrogancy. I strongly recommend him and his very nice office staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Dr. Wallace came highly recommended by my former ENT who had retired. He took a thorough case history of my son and listened to my concerns about his condition. The required surgery went very well. My other two children and I became patients for other ear and sinus problems. I feel he did a great job for all of us. His audiologist is excellent as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2011

Not my cup a tea for a doctor. didn't really help me out at all

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

I had the worst experience of my life with this doctor. He did not listen to any of my concerns, and was extremely condescending. It took me 2 years to go back to an ENT, who, by the way, was WONDERFUL!!!!! I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1421440].votes_count ]]