Rate Dr. Jack Sussman

Dr. Jack Sussman's Ratings

Dr Sussman is my family doctor for about 10 years now. He's very good and definitely a real doctor. He only prescribes medications if you really really need it. Unlike my previous doctor who gave me antibiotic all the time. With Dr Sussman's professionalism and knowledge as physician, I would definitely continue to see him inspite of the long wait during my visits. My only concern is I have to wait an hour or two to be seen by Dr Sussman regardless I have my appointment. For the reception staff, yes they're not the best at all especially Josie. Lily is the nicest one among them.

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

If you care about your health stay away from this doctor. He is solely responsible for the horrible situation my husband is in. When my husband complained of health problems, Sussman shrugged everything off as nothing, things continued to get worse and worse for my husband, and now we find out that the major problem he has now could have been prevented had it been diagnosed and dealt with sooner. Sussman treats everyone like they're just complainers, he doesn't take their health complaints seriously and as a result important health issues are not being addressed. This man should not have a medical license. I am encouraging my husband to report him to the cpso.

Submitted June 8, 2014 | flag

The wait times in that office are insane. Wait 45 min to an hour in the waiting room, then another 20 -30 in the examination room. I have waited more then an hour and a half a few times just to see him.

Submitted June 5, 2014 | flag

Jacks a terrific guy. Can be confused at times (over-booking himself). Staff can be rude. They expect you to be a mind reader, understanding completely that people who've walked in long after you, have worse problems than you. Jack is highly knowledgeable, but there are some new conditions he's not up on. Can be frustrating, but he's open to learning. Check your lab requisition before you leave his office, make sure everything is there. Also research your meds before you take them (make sure you can take them). Most everything you'll need is under one roof, he does have access to specialists and Humber Hospitals (sometimes there will be wait times). If you're not comfortable with whom he recommends, he'll find you someone else. Examining rooms can smell like urine sometimes. Think staff need to do a better job on sanitation.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sussman is great, but his front staff aren't so great. The dark haired brunette girl (Josie I think her name is), is NOT nice at all. She doesn't do her job well either. She is like a 55 year old (well she looks 55) who****good looking patients, and on the dr's. She ignores people, and is so snotty to patients too. Very mean woman, I don't know why she is still working there, she is absolutely terrible. She doesn't even do her job well at all. Fire her and get someone else already, there are many people out there who would want that job, and would do it so much better. Lily (I think her name is that), the blonde, is nicer. The muslim girl (not sure her name) is nicer too. The old nurse sucks too though. Come on Dr. Sussman, Josie (the brunette) sucks, nobody likes her, and when someone else is at the desk people would rather wait to talk to someone else than to talk to Josie (the brunette)! That tells you something, doesn't it?

Submitted March 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Sussman is a wonderful man and very bright and helpful, biggest problem is over booked and visits always rushed

Submitted March 16, 2011 | flag

Long waits, very****ty front desk staff. Put walk ins before you even if you have an appointment - so wtf is the point of an appointment? He skips you often in the rooms, so you wind up waiting over an hour in the waiting room, and then at least half hour in the room. He is pretty good for the most part - but you really need to know what is wrong with yourself in order for him to help out. Still overall better than other doctors. Usually listens, but can be difficult.....

Submitted Oct. 19, 2010 | flag

He does not care what you have to say or about your concerns, he is just so obstinate, it makes you wonder why he does not want to listen to what you have to say. Not to mention the long waits and for referrals you are on your own. Sad but true. We are trying to find a new family doctor.

Submitted March 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Sussman is the worst doctor ever!!! My mom has gone to him for over 40 years and when she got sick for 15 months and then died - we did not hear from him once - when she had to renew prescriptions - he was only interested in the money. His office is a cesspool....they all look so unhappy working there. I dont blame them at all.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2009 | flag

I think it should be noted that Dr Sussman instructs his staff to double book his appointments so if you're upset about the wait, you should tell *him* that ,not take it out on his secretaries who are just doing as instructed.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2009 | flag