Rate Dr. Brian S. Rizzo

Dr. Brian S. Rizzo's Ratings

Lets put it this way. I was laying in the operating room already hooked up to IV's just waiting for them to put me under and Dr. Rizzo walked in with a soda in his hand that's right a SODA in the operating room. I don't think that that's allowed. NEED I SAY MORE....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Please make your appointment with another ENT. He did several surgeries and after the last one I was having a hard time and couldn't breath out of my nose. When calling for appointment it was weeks out. It didn't matter that I couldn't breath. They want you to have the surgeries but after they treat you like a nobody. That office is so rude and the feeling of caring about their patients just isn't there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2693138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

This was quite possibly the worst experience I have ever had at a doctor'a office. I wish I had read previous reviews before going to his office. He has terrible bedside manners and demeans his staff right in front of you. When he is done with whatever procedure he is doing, he just walks out. Doesn't ask you if you have any questions or not and he, nor his staff told me anything about what to expect for the next couple of days and how long to take the medication he prescribed. He also didn't tell me what to avoid doing and what other drugs I should avoid as well. I would not recommend his office to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2620918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

I had a tonsillectomy performed by Dr. Rizzo. One year later, I'm left with a throat that pretty much feels like I'm choking any time I exert myself and over $2,000 in bills left over from spending 2 days in the ICU. It's my understanding that Dr. Rizzo pretty much plows through these surgeries at JCL and that they have somewhat affectionately called it "tonsillectomy Tuesday." As I went into the ER with 2 32oz cups full of blood (and counting), I pointed at my throat and they asked "Dr. Rizzo?" Apparently 2-3 days after the aforementioned Tuesdays, the ER experiences an influx of patients with complications from his surgery, per the ER nurses. This was also echoed in a separate trip to the child's ER when I took my daughter in. This doesn't even get into the poor aftercare by Dr. Rizzo and his staff. Long story short, just avoid him and his practice. You'll be better off for it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1424360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2013

Very good surgeon incision were small and have healed very well and can hardly see the scars

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1424359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1424363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

After reading the negative reviews, I can't believe we went to the same office.  My experience was the best I've ever had @ any Dr's office.  When I made my appointment, the receptionist (Angela) was friendly & patient, as I had questions.  The first available with Dr. Rizzo was 4 weeks away but she said she would put my name on a cancellation list.  I received a call 4 days later moving my appt from 2/29 to 2/6.  I waited about 20 minutes to be taken to the back. I had thorough high tech hearing and ear pressure tests done by 2 caring providers (Dana was 1 of them) I was moved to another room where another extremely pleasant nurse named Lauren did the basic triage stuff. Dr. Rizzo came in & asked questions & LISTENED to my answers, did a thorough exam including a scope in my nose. He explained his diagnosis in detail, scheduled a follow-up to be sure I get better. I am confident that I will find relief now.  Every person I dealt with was exceptional, including the check out staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1424358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2012

Absolutely doesn't listen. A complete waste of my time. I asked if my insurance would cover the charges and I was told there would be no cost to me----not true! On followup, I was told everything I told the doctor on my first visit. had to pay for hearing test that told me nothing i didn't already know, then suggested hearing aids. My only concern was hearing damage from gunshot, which the doctor forgot to right down on first visit! They required a ct which showed nothing. Now, an MRI is required as the CT doesn't show the required detail. Waste of my time and money. My impression is this office is a money mill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1424362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

Alright, where do I begin. 1) Terribly rude and unhelpful staff. 2) Horrendous wait times! 3)Terrible scheduling 4)Rizzo rushes every visit and has terrible bedside manners. 5)They rescheduled my post operative sinus appointment 4 days before my appt. date for a month out; even after I told them of my severe complications. My right sinus has absolutely no airway to it after the surgery and is blocking all drainage from occurring. I have severe headaches and constant cold like symptoms. I pleaded with the desk people to not reschedule my appt and all they could say was "sorry sir, we are just too overbooked to take you" I had the appt set up for 3 months prior!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT MANS OFFICE AGAIN! NOR WILL HE SEE RECEIVE ANY OF MY BUSINESS AGAIN. I, and we all pay entirely too much money to be treated in such a demeaning way.Places like this only add to the dim spotlight of quality healthcare. Searching for a new Dr. as we speak!PLEASE read the reviews and go elsewhere....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1424361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2011

Very knowledgeable. Our son loved him and very patient with him. My wife was please that he was very personable and accepting of our son's special needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1424357].votes_count ]]