Rate Dr. Barbara Kellner

Dr. Barbara Kellner's Ratings

I was a patient of Dr. Kellner for several years. I am a female suffering from hairloss. It took Dr. Kellner a few years to convince me to use Propecia and now doing so for almost two years (after her convincing), I can not find a doctor who will prescribe it for me. She advised me that she will no longer be practicing in this field, which is fine, but now I can't find a doctor who will allow me to continue using the Propecia (which is working). I feel VERY much left high and dry and very stressed out about this. Does anyone know of a doctor who will prescribe this medication to women?

Submitted Oct. 21, 2012 | flag

SHE IS QUITTING HER PRACTICE IN JULY 2012, SO DON'T BOTHER. If you already have an appt, be prepared to be late getting in and rushed when you do get in. One appt she told me I was lucky to be alive (an early melanoma found) and next appt (4 months later) that I was a straight forward case and not to worry about finding a new dermatologist. She will be done soon, so no sense going on.

Submitted March 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Kellner is a great doctor, and she works very efficiently with her nurse, making each appointment quick yet thorough. The staff are accommodating and usually quite friendly. I've never felt rushed - its a busy clinic and staying on time for appointments is not easy. It's too bad she is now retiring from her practice as I was so happy to have found an excellent dermatologist.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2012 | flag

Barb Kellner is simply the finest medical professional that I have ever encountered, in any specialty. She saved my life in 1997, and has given me wonderful ongoing attention ever since. Well worth the long trips I make to see her. Pat.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag

Barb saved my life. I rate her at the very top of all medical professionals that I have ever visited. Wonderful, wonderful!!

Submitted July 3, 2011 | flag

I thank GOD for Dr. Kellner she is a sweetheart, and I've been through a rough time - with skin cancer and a rare syndrome - and she will hold my hand when I'm having a cry etc. And we have a good laugh too! She is SO fast it's crazy! But she knows her stuff! And I don't know where I would be if she hadn't referred me to a Moh's Surgeon. I've even talked to her on the phone - seeing how I was after a treatment! Shame about the smaller office, and 1 of her stalwarts has left! Which is a shame as the office seemed to go smoother! But they are all lovely to myself and my boys!

Submitted June 19, 2011 | flag

I like going to this office. It has been the best run of all the medical clinics I go to and I go to a lot. Really good people, cheerful, efficient folks, always caring. Have gone out of their way many times over the years. Dr. Kellner is a lovely doctor, very knowledgeable, she's great.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2010 | flag

she is not very caring. doesn't spend any time with patients and just runs in & out of the offices a vet spend more time with patients. she is not thourough either.

Submitted April 26, 2010 | flag

Very helpful and good dermatologist.Willing to listen to you and resolve your problems.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr. Kellner is a wonderful doctor. Not only does she always carry a smile with her, she is also very knowledgeagle and caring. I feel that one of the mistakes that many doctors make is the failure to incorporate contextual information into treatment plans. This however, was not a problem with Dr. Kellner. When I told her that I didn't like the cream that she gave me as it was too greasy, she immediately switched my cream to one that was not greasy. I feel that this is really important as I wasn't applying the greasy cream as often as was needed due to how uncomfortable it felt and because it made my skin looked bad. Just the simple act of switching the cream made me much more compliant to my treatment plan and I quickly recovered. As an added bonus, all her staff are really nice as well. They always try to fit me into Dr. Kellner's busy schedule ASAP.

Submitted April 21, 2009 | flag