Rate Dr. Stephen Field

Dr. Stephen Field's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Field for chronic lung sarcoidosis for 12 years, he has always been very polite and understanding and will see me very quickly when I have an issue or concern come up. He is the only dr that listened when I knew something was desperately wrong with me and helped me get the proper diagnosis and treatment when many other doctors that I went to did not. He also was not afraid to recommend me to another specialist when other health problems arose that he was not experienced to handle.

Submitted July 21, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. Field 8 years ago in emergency when I had a left pneumothorax 1 day following a bronchoscopy. He respected my wishes for sedation and a friend present during the insertion of a chest tube in ER at Foothills. He followed me daily as my pulmonologist was away on vacation. As an RN who was acutely and potentially gravely ill from a medication reaction, he stepped in without hesitation and calmed me. Trusting medical staff is difficult at times for anyone, never mind an RN who had been dismissed by a clinical trial GI physician. He's the real deal in pulm medicine. I would recommend him in a heart beat!

Submitted July 9, 2014 | flag

I have gone to Dr. Field for 20 Years and have had nothing but a positive experience.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr Field a truely caring doctor. Has committed to working with truly ill people. I too can not disagree more with the comment that he doesn;t support the family.. He does. But sometimes family needs to go to support groups to learn to deal with the issues at hand. He is also not responsible for nurses or staff and how they treat individuals. That complaint should be taken to ALHC. His job is to treat your illness and give you treatment options. u must remember the system is over worked, disorganized at best. i highly recommend him and his team, for truly caring for his patients. If u are worried about time, go early in the morning, he is always on time. its later in the day when emergencies come up, that often push doctors behind!

Submitted March 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Field is a wonderful physician and person. He made certain I had the testing and procedures I needed without delay and took time to personally attend my procedures to make sure I was being taken care of. I cannot disagree more with the individual who stated that Dr. Field doesn't understand or address how family members are affected by the patient's illness. My parents attended my appointments with me and he addressed their concerns and answered their questions in the same way he did mine. He made certain that my referral to an oncologist was handled without delay and delivered the worst news I can imagine receiving with compassion and kindness. I am grateful that he is part of my health care team.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2011 | flag

Submitted Aug. 30, 2010 | flag

I only saw Dr. Field twice but he possibly saved my life, I quit smoking after my visits with Dr. Field - (30 yr smoker)

Submitted July 9, 2010 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Field for 24 years. He is consistently helpful, friendly and is definately an expert in his practice area. As a fellow health care professional I can verify his knowledge of medications and treatment options are excellent!

Submitted Jan. 8, 2010 | flag

Dr.Field is a hero to our family, he has been my asthma doc for 20 years, he has ALWAYS showen compassion, humour, commitment and honesty to us. He treats our whole family. I cannot say enought about his staff and the team of faboulous nurses, assistants, and fellow Doctors. I would not hesitate to have anyone of my family members see him. Working together as a team he has kept me alive and as healthy as i can be. If u want a committed, knowledgeable, and compassionate doctor that does care, he is your man. He is a tell it like it is kind a guy, who will always be there for his patients when he can. He is willing to work with you and your family, and urges all patients to be pro- active in their care. I cannot say enough about his team, except thanks for keeping me alive..

Submitted Aug. 16, 2009 | flag

He has been patient, kind and direct with me. Willing to answer questions without haste and has a sense of humour. Puts me at ease. Makes me feel welcome. Has been knowledgeable with my uncommon condition. I feel like I'm in good hands.

Submitted June 10, 2009 | flag