Rate Dr. William D. Smith

Dr. William D. Smith's Ratings

TWO experiences at office . . . BOTH miserable. The waiting room chairs disgustingly dirty. Waited to see Dr. Smith OVER 1 1/2 hours first time, 1 3/4 hours second time and Dr. Smith would not even wait 60 seconds for my husband to return from restroom and made him wait another 15 minutes. This doctor's lack of care and respect for patients and his demeanor was so "full of himself" that I would NEVER go back or recommend. NEVER EVER!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Dr smith saved my life. I have a massive prolactanoma brain tumor. Very massive. No other dr . Would do the surgery . I would die with out surgery. Dr smith saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2551989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Dr Smith is above and beyond tbe absolute best dr in the usa. Other than dr black in los angeles dr smith is excellent. He does have an office staff from hell though. They should all be firer. An excellent surgeon and doctor but a horriffic office staff. Forget to call in meds. Takes a week fir callback but smith is a gift from God. Go to dr smith, ignore all of his hideous office staff however.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

I was going to have Dr. Smith perform Xlif surgery but the staff never got pre-authorization from my insurance after seven weeks! They made excuses, lied, and one insurance person named Theresa had the nerve to call me back and tell me "I hurt her feelings!" Yeah, well how about the hurt I still have in my back, you twit!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

He has been sued 6 times for almost $4,000,000, and been formally disciplined by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. https://nsbme.mylicense.com/Verification/ and enter his license #7897.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

This review is only directed at his office staff. Incredibly inept. They take 4-5 days to respond to patient concerns and almost just as bad with calls from other medical providers regarding mutual patients. I don't care how good the surgeon is, if the staff is incompetent, you are better off finding another provider.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Does not return calls as promised,worst staff I have ever delt with, office manager no help at all,doctor is good, staff is no good took three months to get apointment to see the doctor then I tryed to schualde the surgery six weeks in advance they whated to the last few days after I set it up with my job and my wife took aleave of work then they told me by phone,that our insurance denied the surgery because lack of informantion.I am in sevier pain legs are numb back in alot of pain I am 51 years old with degenerative disc disease and I need help to feel better.I am not downing the doctor he is good but I am very unhappy with his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2008

I had a bulging disk between L4 and L5. Dr Smith operated and all seemed well until the day he took out the stitches. The next morning WALKING on my treadmill I got a sudden headache, like a migraine. I called his office and was told it could not have been anything to do with the surgery. Three days later I went to my family doctor and he diagnosed a dura leak and I had two unsuccessful blood patches before Dr Smith agreed to go back in and fix the leak. He superglued the dura leak and I spent 4 days on my back in the hospital in agony. Then the infection set in. staff and strep, which required daily reaming for a month before that ordeal was finally over.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2008

just been told 4 years later he did it wrong! I never could work again, and couldn't figure out why others had same surgery were fine, now i know why, but they all stick together, so thats why knowone ever said enough for me to know until now, i just thought it was a flip of the coin, now i know it was more than that

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2007

I went to Dr. Smith, because the other doctors could not find out what is wrong with me and could care less. I have been in pain for years and believe that I have Multiple Sclerosis but have not been dx and the HMO I belonged to, even through Dr. Smith seemed to know what was wrong with be, would not give be a referral to go back to him. He was very through, and for the first time in a long time, listened to what I had to say and didn't dismiss me, like the doctors I had been going to in the HMO. I hope to be able to go back to him some day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2121764].votes_count ]]