Rate Dr. Robert Rae

Dr. Robert Rae's Ratings

Dr. Rae was very nice to me but was extremely rude to my son. My son pulled away at one point because Dr. Rae was being to rough, and he grabbed my son by the back of the head and said "You don't have to do that!" Very, very poor bedside manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. Rae is extremely personable and very knowledgeable. He is the first to tell you he doesn't have all the answers and uses the technology to try to find the answers. He is not afraid to tell you that he doesn't know something. I was very impressed with his approach and attitude. The staff I worked with (Kathleen) was also very professional and helped me through the processes. It is unlikely I will have to return to Dr. Rae but if needed, I would do so with absolutely no hesitation. He is an excellent professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Dr. Rae was very helpful and took a lot of time explaining the situation to us. He was very blunt but that helps deal with all our options. Staff very kind and gracious.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2010

My daughter had tubes so many times she need a skin graph to fix the mess Dr Rae made.. he lied to me about a compkication during her surgery, I will never return to him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Rae for 22 years and he has always been pleasant with me. I have had no issues with him personally. I am not sure what I will do when he retires. I have only had a couple times when the receptionist was difficult but for the most part she is easy to deal with. He is knowledgable in what he does and helpful when I ask him any questions

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2010

An amazing man, one may even call him a "genius". I had the recent experience to meet him as he cared for my dad - His level of respect for him was highly noted in the way he spoke,looked and shook his hand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2010

I saw dr Rae back in 2007 and this guy really dropped the ball and I would not recommend him to anyone. He failed to diaganose my tracheal stenosis (scar tissue growing across my trachea) and said he'd send me to another specialist only to go on vacation and not following through on the referral. Oh, and his answer to everything is Gaviscon. I ended up seeing another doctor who listened to my breathing with a stethescope and found the area where the tissue was growing. A broncoscopy a couple of days later showed I was esentially breathing through a staw size opening. Luckily, Dr Rae did not do dialation surgeries so I saw Dr Garland instead. Thank God for that woman. If Dr Rae had bothered to really look down my throat with the scope, the blockage would have been visable. I was told another couple of weeks and I may have suffocated to death.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

As a child I went to Dr. Rae, he has poor beside manne and poor with children. Dr. Rae ruined my ears, with three tube surgeries, scrapping the inside of my ear so my ears bled althrough childhood. Then at the age of 17 cut my ear open top clean it out, didn't reattach it right and the surgery was a waste of time and now I need a hearing aide. IF YOU LOVE YOUR KIDS, PLEASE DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS TO HIM. Oh and his secretary is rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2010

Dr Rae has been my doctor since I was 11 yrs old. I am now 24 and continue to see him for previous ear related problems. Although I am now living in Halifax I am so pleased with the way I have been treated over the years in that office I will continue to book my appointments with Dr. Rae when I am in Saint John. I went from being deaf in one ear to gaining back %60 of my hearing because of him!!!!! =)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Bedside manner wasn't great. Too quick to suggest surgery. I decided to seek another opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1437144].votes_count ]]