Rate Dr. Neil M. Barth

Dr. Neil M. Barth's Ratings

If you want an doctor that is going to see you on time and have a great bedside manner then Dr. Barth isn't for you. However, I credit him keeping me alive the last 9 years. He is a true hero in my book and has my total trust. He is a dedicated professional who puts his patience first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

This is the worst staff for a Doctor’s office I have ever seen. I called and sent them a pathology report for their analysis. I called seven business days later to find out that they dropped the ball and didn’t do anything. I have called the office half a dozen times and have never received a call back from anyone. Find another Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

Bone Marrow Transplant for Leukemia (AML)sixteen years ago. The man saved my life.Do I Think he is brilliant? Yes I do!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2011

Very poor follow up. Doctor never returned my phone calls or follow up on my test results. I never felt this hopeless! I am taking my business elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

If you are looking to get emotional support from Dr. Barth, you should go elsewhere. He is the coldest doctor I have even encountered. I came home more depressed about my cancer than ever before. He is very egotistic with no bed side manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2011

My husband and sister were both cared for by Dr. Barth and both died, I often wonder had my sister been treated elsewhere and with the recommended treatment at that time, would she have lived? I will never know but it has often been on my mind. Cutting edge medicine has it's place but tried and true with results should not be overlooked for flashy cutting edge stuff. It can backfired.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2011

Very knowledgeable and thorough in diagnosis and treatment. Keeps up with the latest developements and procedures in treating various cancers. If you, as a patient or caregiver, have a background in science/math, his explanations about your treatment is extremely helpful. If you don't have the science/math background it may be difficult to follow his comments as to why he's recommending the line of treatment for your cancer. Dr. Barth tends to be aggressive in his treatment of cancer, which attracted me to his practice in the first place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2010

Dr. Barth is an outstanding doctor. My daughter is being treated for breast cancer and during this treatment has studied all aspects of the treatment process from many sources. He spends the time required discussing the treatment process with her in depth as it is evolving. If you are serious about treating your cancer, you should study and understand the complex process you are facing. Then you can have an intelligent discussion with your doctor and will understand the reasons for the treatment path chosen and most importantly, follow his recommendations outlining your health lifestyle during treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2010

He is simply the best. If you don't understand what he says, then you should do some personal research. This guy is brilliant, and if you read a little about your condition and the bio chemistry before you meet with him, you'll get it too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

Dr. Barth is the best doctor who has ever treated me. His staff is professional and responsive. Each appointment lasts 30 to 45 minutes because Dr. Barth takes the time to explain things. He does so in a manner that can be somewhat academic, which is why I think some people have commented on his bed side manner. Bottom line: Dr. Barth is literally at the top of his field, and is perhaps the best oncologist in Orange County. If you have cancer, why would you want to be treated by anyone else?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1440452].votes_count ]]