Dr. DAVID Chen

Grad. Year: 2002

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 07/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. DAVID Chen has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 1781354
22/03/12 4 4 3 2 I wonder how this Doc has got these good reviews. I choosed to go to this doctor only by considering the reviews. I don't think he is knowledgeble. He gave me a medication for a skin allergy that didn't help at all. His office staff insists me to go for an office visit even to talk about my blood work results for my general physical.
RID: 1554771
06/10/11 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. He was very down to earth and knowledgeable. Very warm and personal experience from start to end and not like an assembly line. Kind of what you hope for when you think about a family doctor. Highly recommend. I definitely will be bringing my family there.
RID: 1546076
25/09/11 4 4 1 3 I set up an appt with him after reading all these comments, and did not find him as knowledge as everyone says he is, he was very taken aback when he saw me (i had an abscess), and I felt like he was gawking at me and creeped out more than actually trying to help me...last time I checked weren't doctors supposed to make patients feel comfy? He ended up giving me antibiotics and a vague explanation about what to do, even tho I asked since I was scared myself and had never had it before. It seemed as if no one had ever come to him with this problem before. If you have an ailment that can't be seen go to him, anything more direct and visible, look elsewhere.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1437203
10/05/11 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Very nice and helpful. Spends time listening ang gives you various options
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1332786
10/01/11 5 5 5 5 Wonderful doctor. He really truly is one of the best in the area.
Insurance: Oxford
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1328125
05/01/11 5 5 5 5 Had a first time visit with Dr Chen after getting no response from my regular doctor trying to schedule an appt. I was able to get an appt the same day with Dr Chen, and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. Answered all my questions and prescribed appropriate medications. Had a 20 min wait to get in, versus sometimes two hours at my regular doctor. Was out about 10-15 minutes later. Also a pleasant receptionist. I agree with posted reviews!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1195708
24/06/10 5 5 5 5 It's been a few year since I've seen a doctor and I was worried about this experience. But everything was great, from the sign-in experience until the time Dr. Chen walked me out. The staff is courteous and knowledgeable, and I'll definitely see Dr. Chen again when the time arises. Hopefully, though, not too soon!
Paid (or co-pay): $75
RID: 1081871
18/01/10 5 3 5 5 Staff is very friendly, waiting room could be more pleasant. overall, it is not squeaky clean as you expect from a doctor's office. Staff is pleasant and not arrogant,as in so many Dr. offices. Dr Chen himself is very courteous, took time with me and explained his advice, He also listened to me and what I thought of my health issue.
RID: 1009910
15/10/09 3 4 5 5 Dr. Chen spent over half an hour with me, listeing to symptoms, describing a course of action adn patiently answering all of my (and my husband's) questions. I thought Dr. Chen was very knowledgable and reassuring.
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 874165
29/04/09 5 4 5 5 very patient doctor. lets you explain all your symptoms. answers all questions. very kind and gentle doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $75
RID: 828785
13/03/09 5 5 5 5 Have seen primarily Dr. Chen, he is very kind & patient, he actually listens to you & doesn't rush you out of the office. Would highly recommend him or Dr. Lavian
RID: 802805
28/02/09 5 1 5 5 Great doctor, but office wait times on Saturdays are ridiculous. The last 3 times I went, I did not see the doctor until 60 minutes after my booked appointment time.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 757728
07/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chen is truly the best doctor. He does take the time and really listen to your concerns. He's an awesome doctor and wouldn't trade him for another. : )
RID: 712334
29/10/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Chen is really down to earth and compassionate. Someone you could really trust, without any judgments on you. I really appreciate him as a doctor and really recommend him!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 501842
01/02/08 5 5 5 5 Good Experience. Impressed with this Doctor. Much more thorough with the checkup and questions than I ever had. My weight was a concern and he sat down and went over a detailed plan with me and why doing things a certain way will make a difference. Didnt say "eat better and lose weight" like a few otehrs have in the past. Felt very comfortable with Dr. Chen. Recommend to all, especially anyone who has had bad experiences with doctors before. He will really make you trust doctors again.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 481564
11/01/08 5 5 5 5 I decided to go with Dr. Chen based on the reviews. My wife and I were so happy with the decision. I can honestly say that after the several visits we had, Dr. Chen is a rare breed - someone who actually cares about his patient's well being. On top of that he is very professional, easy to talk to and takes his time to provide health advice. His office partner is wonderful as well which was a huge plus when Dr. Chen was not available. The staff is friendly too. Would definately recommend.
RID: 473199
30/12/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chen and his staff are A-1 all the way. I found Dr. Chen through this website and since becoming his patient, I have recommended him to friends and family. Dr. Chen and is staff are very kind, professional, caring and are responsive to patient's needs. He has patients of all ages. His office location and plenty of parking is an added bonus.
RID: 446145
18/11/07 5 5 5 5 All the comments here are true! Our family found Dr. Chen's office through this website and tried to see them for ourselves. He was patient and knowledgeable. He's cool and listens to all our questions and answers them well. His staff were the same! They are very nice and helpful. We're about to grow a family and we would definitely stick with them!
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 445739
17/11/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chen is very knowledgable and patience. He took his time to explain everything to me thoroughly. I had many Dr's in the past and this guy is top notch. I will definitely be staying with him for a very very long time.  Respond
RID: 180780
09/03/07 5 5 5 Very professional and knowledgable. He really took the time to answer and address all of my problems. I switched my entire family to his care. Highly recommend to anyone.
RID: 171267
05/03/07 5 5 5 He has REAL bedside manner-- he speaks to you like a person, not a satistic or a dumb patient, like most drs do.
* - Rating left by a registered user