Dr. Marguerite Stolar

Rate Dr. Marguerite Stolar

Dr. Marguerite Stolar's Ratings

I have been actively searching for an exceptional rheumatologist in Vancouver. I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Stolar and she is so obviously an outstanding doctor. She is one of the most thorough, compassionate, and intelligent doctors I've seen. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis that is not well managed and other medical conditions that complicate treatment. I was referred to her by a specialist who thinks highly of her skills with complex rheumatology cases. She had read my records prior to me arriving for the appointment. She gave me the most thorough exam I've had. During the exam, she was able to identify troublesome areas, discuss what she was seeing, and make a plan to follow-up on all my concerning symptoms. She's ordered tests and referrals to other specialists to put the pieces together so she can devise a treatment plan. I'm thrilled to have found a highly skilled doctor who will take the time and care needed to help me.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

Submitted Nov. 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Stolar is a very good dr. she pays attention to what you have to say. She will admit when she doesn't know something. The office does run on time. The office staff are profesional but not the warmest staff I have ever had contact with. Dr. Stolar is very knowledgeable and always tries the least invasive treatments first. She is receptive to alternative diets etc.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2012 | flag

She is the most knowledgable, thorough DR. I have ever had the pleasure to know. She listens and believes what you tell her. She is very compassionate and I think the reason appointnents run late is because she does not rush you out. She believed me when I described the pain and investigated the problem.I was in pain, and frustrated when my MD told me it's just a little osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia then sent me on my way. She has gone above and beyond the call of duty for me and I am so grateful. Her staff are competent and friendly. The reason the waiting room is full even when there is a wait, simply because people know a good thing when they see it! I cannot thank her enough for the difference she has made, the pain is now under control and I can function, before I could not.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2011 | flag

ALWAYS RAN LATE EVEN WHEN YOU'RE THE 1ST PATIENT OF THE DAY!!! RECEPTION NOT VERY FRIENDLY EITHER!!

Submitted March 8, 2011 | flag

I would not see her again. I waited for ever in the little room out front. She seemed almost pre occupied was not listening to what I was saying. would go elsewhere.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2011 | flag

One of if not the most caring, dedicated Doctors I have ever dealt with she really listens and helped diagnose a serious cancer that is now in remission. She's worth the wait.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2011 | flag

She is wonderful. She is knowledgeable and takes her time with each client. You may have to wait to see her but she is well worth the wait.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2010 | flag

I Have AS, and I have been waiting for 8 months for this specialist and showed up for my appointment and I waited 2.5 hours and had to leave. knowing your in pain, and then to make you wait in a wooden chair is horrific to say the least. I have been in the medical field for over 10 years and will share with anyone that I know that this is not professional Bx. I sit on many committees and will be sharing this experience with anyone who states that they have any type of arthritis. If she cannot schedule her own day to day appointments and keep track of her time or even notify patients in the waiting room, there is no professional abilities there, its so basic! I suggest calling on Dr. Shojania, both brothers have been excellent... and they are punctual and know that there is other professionals out there that there time is just as valuable.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2010 | flag

Amazing Doctor. She along with Dr. Ann Gordon, saved my wife. Dr. Stolar is always thorough, which is why there is usually a wait. "She has gotten better". I trust her implicitly and know that she does what is right and necessary. She has contacted us from home and on her holidays. She has provided us her personal contact info and responds immediately. Not even my family doctor does that. Dr. Stolar always goes above and beyond. I am so thankful for what she has done to care for my wife. She's a true professional. Thank you Dr. Stolar!!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2010 | flag