Rate Dr. Vineet Arora

Dr. Vineet Arora's Ratings

Been going to see Dr Arora for several years. Always a discusting experience. No parking, over crowded waiting rooms, understaffed, usually wait for an hour or two to be seen by the doctor for about 30 seconds. He has misdiagnosed problems, scheduled unnecessary surgery that I discovered was not necessary or had already been performed, missed significant problems that other opthamologists have discovered, referred me to other opthamologists that could not find any reason for the referal, scheduled redundant OCT's (3 in one month). I can go on......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2605015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Caused blindness in my 90 year old grandma's eye during routine procedure! No solution and no apology! This man should not be treating people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I've read many of these comments, and I'm a bit taken aback. Understanding the climate out there and available expertise, yes he is busy... He's a dying breed of doctor. In terms of skill sets, support, and general caring - I must vehemently disagree with most of these comments. I did my own homework, I took interest into the lensectomy procedure and understood many basics that others seem to annoy the doctor asking. I have NO issues with Dr. Arora's accommodating my schedule, his staff were very considerate with understanding my challenging schedule and I did actually feel a genuine concern for one issue I had raised, which ended up being a side effect. Any questions I've had were answered promptly and professionally.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2483644].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Staff are rude, lazy, curt, loud, show absolutely no discretion, loudly discuss patient files within the waiting area, no one greets you when you arrive, place eye drops in patient's eyes WHILE sitting in the WAITING ROOM, office is messy, unorganized. Waiting room is cramped, 1 bathroom for males & females, broken chairs, bathroom is filthy, have to ask staff for supplies. Staff look sloppy. Vineet is extremely arrogant, no bedside manner, no conversation unless you initiate questions, we're treated like numbers, won't refer files & threats to destroy them when asked to refer to another specialist. It's a money grab!constantly says need to return for more needles! Absolutely hate going to this clinic.Senior patients especially, aren't treated w/any respect or confidentiality. Barely any parking spaces for # of patients. Wife runs attached office. No powered accessible doors for wheelchairs, walkers, canes etc. Govt need to investigate NOW!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2450053].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 8, 2014

I am not a patient of Dr Aurora's; however my grandmother is. She is very happy with the care she got from him. Today her her appt took an hour and a half to complete. The problem with this dr's practice us that he overbooks his appts. His parking lot is not equipped with the way he runs his practice. There is never any available parking. On the inside, people are herded in like cattle. There was no seating and the lineup to either book a future appt or to checkin was atrocious. At one point my 87 year old grandmother didn't have a seat - she had to stand. This is not acceptable. It seems clear to me that Dr Aurora is extremely interested in cash flow, rather than patient care. I would be extremely hesitant on using a dr that is too overbook. I'd be too concerned about receiving proper care. Our eyesight is too important to have a rushed dr look after. I've taken my mother-in-law to a different eye surgeon, a number of times,and did not experience this kind of overbook setting

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2450052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I went to this doctor as a child, he has completely ruined my vision in my eye. I will never. Have in my right eye again! His waiting room was always full.we waited hours for horrible serivce. Do not use this dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1451665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

Went to the Hamilton Lasik Center on Hamilton mountain. I just thought that any Dr would be good, so I never researched any reviews on them. I wish I had :( The staff is not friendly, you get rushed in and out like a piece of meat. Dr. Arora was just as bad - terrible manners, don't expect to get any information or have any questions answered from him. During my procedure he made an "OH" and stopped momentarily - great I thought. Turns out he popped a blood vessle in each eye (which can happen during Lasik). My eyes have been blood red for a month. My left eye vision is crisp, my right eye is less then 20/20. - - HINT - -  They told me I had a Life Time Guarantee, telling me "the clinic has been around for ages, and will be around for a long time..." turns out- the Guarantee is on your Dr's life in medicine! If he dies, or retires, you can get your eye's re-lasik'd once they fail.. you just pay full price again! I wish I had done some research before going to Hamilton Lasik Centre

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1451663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

After reading through the comments left I must say they are generally all very true, both the good and the bad. Dr. Arora has saved my eyesight to a degree but I would not recommend him to anyone. No manners and very inefficient office procedures.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1451662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

This doctor is very knowledgeable and although he can be "to the point" when conversing with him, I am optimistic when it comes to the treatment my parent is receiving. The staff are another matter. They are uncaring and abrupt and care very little whether the caregiver/driver for an elderly patient is able to keep subsequent appointments which are primarily based on THEIR office scheule. The caregiver's scheuled is not their concern at all. Nor will they try to accommodate your request. I understand that the doctor will schedule appointments for the same procedures at the same time of day. I can live with being herded between two waiting rooms. What I dislike immensly is the fact that the staff do not care one little bit for anyone but the office schedule and the bookings.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1451661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

once you get caught on his line you can never get off. His office is run like an assembly line. How is it that everyone on the day of your appointment has the same problem as you. Sometimes there are 50 people in his waiting room and all are scheduled for the same procedure at the same time. Staff is rude and uncaring. Money is obviously his priority.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1451660].votes_count ]]