You may also like

Rate Dr. R. Geoff Thomas

Dr. R. Geoff Thomas's Ratings

After the doctors at the Foothills hospital in Calgary almost killed me by discharging me with a massive internal infection I was taken to emergency in Red Deer. I had a ruptured bladder, broken pelvis, back injuries and like I said, massive infection. The doctors under Dr. Ian Anderson in Calgary elected to do NOTHING for surgery, did not listen to my concerns about excessive pain areas (caused by infection), thus prolonging my agony and recovery by well over a month. Dr. Thomas was a god-send. After hearing my story he got me into surgery ASAP, cleaning out all the infection - which he said was almost at the gangrene stage. This would have resulted in the amputation of some parts that are very dear to me as a member of the male gender (thanks, Calgary docs!). Dr. Thomas is one of the few doctors I have dealt with that look me in the eye and are able to have a conversation. He listened to my concerns and was the first doctor in nearly 6 weeks to act on them. He stopped by every day I was in the hospital (nearly 2 weeks in Red Deer) to check up on my progress, discuss options, joke around and try to sell me a horse (we're both horsemen). I got a kick out of that. He told me that this is the first time in 35 years of urology practice he has heard of "do nothing" as a treatment method for a ruptured bladder. 35 years of experience - 5 stars for knowledge as far as I'm concerned. If you are in western Canada and have urology issues - get in to see Dr. Thomas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Having switched doctors, with Dr. Thomas I can now understand and have all of my questions and concerned dealt with as needed. We have to be proactive with our health and Dr. Thomas takes the time to sit and talk about whatever questions you might have. For me that is essential. Now I don't dread going in for checks and treatments or surgery. He cares and that helps a lot! It's no longer a 'because I said so' journey. We work together so every decision I can feel good about.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2576303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Thomas was a little rough around the edges at my initial meeting, however I did go through with the surgery ( bladder lift) and he was amazing & the operation a success! Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2450268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

He is straight forward and down to business. I found he answered questions and addressed concerns that I had very professionally. Surgery was a success and I would recommend his services.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1462763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Just had my 1st appointment with Dr. Thomas. I found his bedside manner to be horrible, insensitive & hurried. He was extremely rude & had me in tears within 10 minutes. The cystoscopy went fine, relatively painless but he definitely is " rough around the edges"!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I had prostate surgery in Red Deer on October 3rd. I am very impressed with Dr. Thomas. He seems very knowledgeable and I would recommend to anyone who needs a urologist to go to him. Red Deer is fortunate to have him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1462761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2012

I wish it upon no one to have kidney stones, but if it should happen that you get kidney stones, you DEFINITELY want to see Dr. Thomas! Amazing, AMAZING man! Thank you for helping getting me fixed up and back to work again and back to life again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Dr. Thomas has been wonderful in dealing with my Husbands problems. He is always cheerful and great at explaining what is going on with treatment. He is wonderful!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1462759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2012

Dr. Thomas was great when it came to treating my kidney stones. He was very personable, full of knowledge and funny. He made me feel at ease with the cystoscopy I had performed and I would recommend him highly!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1462758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2012

dr. thomas is a great dr.. he figured out what i had wrong with my bladder and treated it right away!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1462757].votes_count ]]