Rate Dr. Jasmine Cohen

Dr. Jasmine Cohen's Ratings

I took my son in for his first appointment. All was good until it came time to book a follow up appointment. The receptionist (old haggard lady), who turns out to be the office manager, kept listing off appointment dates and times and I had to tell her three times to hold on a second so I can check my calendar. Very frustrating. Then my sons dad asked if they do reminder calls and she very rudely said "you're an adult, this appointment slip is all the reminder you get. I have more important things to do than call you to remind of the appointment". I couldn't believe what she said.....so rude!! A simple yes or no would have been a more appropriate response. She was so unprofessional!!! My sons dad took an extra trip back to Abbotsford just to complain and when he expressed his concerns to her she was very rude again, smug and smirking about it. He asked to speak to Dr. Cohen and he was told he can wait for our next appointment in three weeks!! He said not a chance and that he wants to speak to her right away!! She did call him that day. She couldn't believe what was said and said it is not the first complaint about this lady!! Clearly she should not be working with the public. If you can't even be pleasant when dealing with patients and parents...I think it may be time for a new career!! I will not ever deal with her again!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Dr Cohen amazing doctor always listening understanding of our circumstances. Her receptionist I can't deal with anymore, holier than art thow lady. She wrote down the date on a piece of paper I taped it to my calendar, I show up no one is there she calls me next day saying I came in the wrong day I said you wrote down the wrong day for me because I have it taped to my calendar. She said no that's not possible she called Friday but my answering machine hasn't been working so no message left to say its changed. I also have my cell phone attached to the file which has an answering system. Then she says you are due to a referral which took 6 months to do the last time, my son is on medication he needs why is it my fault she messed up the date and now I have to wait 6 MONTHS before I can see the doctor to refill his medication! I've never missed and appointment, I'm always polite who are you to tell me I'm a liar!? Apparently this has happened to 2 other people I know, I'm never going back.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2450356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr, Cohen was NOT AT ALL helpful in treating and diagnosing my son's ADHD. She prescribed ritalin, but told me to advise her if I noticed any side affects. When I did phone to tell her the side effects, she did not take my call or return my messages. Instead, the secretary phoned in another prescription for a "better med without the side effects of ritalin". My son reacted VERY badly to the second med...he went psychotic and he had never done ANYTHING like this before. I am a single mom and I panicked. I phoned the dr., as she told me to, and there was a message on the machine "Our office is closed for the next 6 days and messages will NOT be returned." I was scared. I have since had to do my own research and consulting with pharmacists etc. to understand the side effects of meds and find one that works for my son. This doctor is useless. I waited four months and took a vacation day off work for nothing. Very disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Dr Cohen is wonderful! We couldn't ask for a better dr for our son who was born 6 weeks early with a heart defect. What a kind, patient, understanding, child friendly lady. :) She answered all our questions and explained everything in way that we could understand and never made us feel dumb! She's very on the ball and knows her stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

She was very personable. We came to see her because my infant son was not growing as much as he should be. She reccommended supplementing nursing with formula and even gave us 2 free cans to get us started. The ladies at the front desk were very personable and friendly as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

She is absolutely wonderful and effective. Her knowledge base is extradinary

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2012

Dr. Cohen is the best. She listens and is very patient, I never feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

Dr. Cohen Is Awesome...My husband and I love her.. She's very sweet and listen's to you and answers all your questions. My daughter is very lucky to have her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2011

Wonderful, caring and thorough doctor. Wish all doctors were like her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I'm an IMG myself and can tell surely she is one of the best doctors and people I ever met!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1468034].votes_count ]]