Rate Dr. Pierre Faber

Dr. Pierre Faber's Ratings

I saw Dr Faber for episcleritis which I was diagnosed with 20 years ago.
At the first appointment he confirmed the diagnosis and gave me the appropriate medication. I returned 2 weeks later to follow up. After waiting an hour and half past my appointment time he finally saw me. He didn't bother to refer to my chart (which I had read out of boredom as it was the only reading material in the room) but looked at me, said I was fine and that the redness in my eye was because I spent too much time in the wind & sun!
I said "didn't you diagnos this as episcleritis"? He said "no" and sent me on my way. Utter nonsense as I read my chart which contained a letter to my GP confirming the diagnosis of Episcleritis.
This doctor is overbooked and as a result his patient care and treatment is nothing short of negligible.
Don't see him if you value your eyes, find another doctor, he is a danger to anyone's health!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Everything was ok, but not a fantastic experience. I thought that with the high amount of billing that is reported he would have a nicer office. Plus it was running quite behind schedule. The funniest thing I heard was from my niece who knows students at UBC and she told me that they call him 'Darth Faber' behind his back as an old joke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2013

After botching my first eye surgery Dr Faber assured me that a second surgery would solve the problem and stated that only once in his career did he have to perform a third surgery. I guess that record still stands because after he botched the second surgery I sought out another ophthalmologist. I concur with other comments that Dr Faber runs a mill-style practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2013

I had a cataract surgery with another surgeon. It was terrible one. I was tortured from the surgery for half year before my friend recommend me to see Dr. Faber. My friend told me, many Dr.s had hundreds and hundreds surgeries, and Dr. Faber had thousands and thousands surgeries. Dr. Faber examed my eye and found out the lens is not in the center with an incorrect diopter. He suggested me to have a second surgery to take out the lens and implant a new one. His careful examination, sincere words and truthful manner build up my confident. I booked my second surgery with Dr. Faber. It was only two weeks away. Dr Faber is a brilliant and skilful surgeon. He kept communication with me during the surgery. " I cut an open now." " I have removed the original lens." "The new lens has been implanted." The surgery took only ten minutes or less. It is a successful one. Good manner, careful examination, huge numbers of experiences and excellent skill, I strongly recommend Dr. Faber. Edward Wang, Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

Dr Faber is a brilliant surgeon. He restored perfect vision to both my eyes. I found his communication direct and easy to understand. He has an extremely busy practice with 20 people waiting all the time. So I imagine he is not the best if you want chit-chat. But if you want a very competent eye surgeon I highly recommend him. It is a miracle! I can see perfectly without glasses!! ***** PB, Vancouver

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I've been seeing Dr Faber for a few years and have found him to be very knowledgeable and very nice. My wife and her family have seen him for decades. Waiting to see him is a pain, but he has always taken the time to talk to me about my condition and has never made me feel particularly rushed. He's a very good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2011

I had 2 cataract eye surgeries with Dr Pierre Faber in early July..a week apart & a multifocal Restor lens implant in each eye.. I was very impressed by his excellent care, cheerful & friendly manner & great surgical skills. The operating staff at the hospital were also so pleasant & kind,,one of the operating nurses even held my hand for part of the time,,during the eye surgery.I was very impressed & would highly recommend Dr Faber, Sure,...,you do have to wait in his busy waiting room..but ...you have to always wait... at all Eye Drs,! My elderly & frail mother went to Dr Paton for several years & I was upset as she would have to wait for over 2 hours,,with no apology or explanation.& then would only see Dr Paton for 3 minutes, I also found the surgical after care to be very good at Dr Faber's office & he was never rushed & always patiently answered my questions.He is a fine gentleman & a true professional.& a leader in his field. .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Read all the negative review and would have to say I totally disagree with it. Waited only about 30 min, have had far worse elsewhere so not sure why other people had such a tough time. Once he saw me he was excellent, friendly and thorough for my needs. He in no way seemed rushed and took extra time to reassure me about my condition and how to approach it. Would absolutely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2011

Cataract surgery is fast, consistent and uncomplicated. Even he says so. fast + good + huge number = famous. Pleasant. Confident. Runs a mill: MSP 2009 = $1,800, 000 + $$$ business. Inexcusable 1.5 hr wait all the time. My eye exam for contact lenses was 2 min! You don’t get famous for contacts; just rich! I have poor vision; correction always takes time for me. It is not like cataracts. I was very worried about my vision; he “guaranteed” the contacts. Whooshed me out. Cataracts = expert; contacts = useless. Has knowledge but didn't seem to use it. Disappointed and upset.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2011

My husband was diagnosed with cataracts and was referred to Dr. Faber. We here to see what his reviews were and we were very unsure after reading all the negativity about him. WOW were we ever shocked at how kind and caring he was!! We never felt like he was in a hurry and he really took the time to explain everything to both of us. He was never rude or did any of the things that people have said on this site. He is truthful and straight forward so if that is not the kind of Dr. you are looking for then you need to find someone who will tell you the things that you want to hear. Yes there is a wait in his office just like there is in any other specialists office. Yes it is busy just like it is in other specialists offices. The staff were wonderful and they do their best to help get people seen in a timely manner. It's NOT about money, it's about helping people and in some areas you have to wait up to a year for surgery. We have every confidence in Dr. Faber he is wonderful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1469128].votes_count ]]