Rate Dr. Amjad N. Awan

Dr. Amjad N. Awan's Ratings

Staff...Horrible
waited for 3 1/2 hrs....no one else was in the waiting room
led to the office by someone dressed in goth, no BP or temp check, Dr came in with a slushie in hand and asked who I was? did no preliminary exam, did not look at ultrasound results or read my medical chart, just booked me for a in patient endoscopy...when I explained I did not want invasive and could he do a CT scan first, he explained they only do CT on fat people and I was not fat so endoscopy would be best ??? I spoke to him for #1/2 minutes the whole time he did not look at me he was just tying out a sheet to set up my endoscopy ......DO NOT GO HERE ...and billing is a whole other issue ......truly HORRIBLE all around.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2576619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I've never seen this MD but my father has been a patient here for 3 years. It has been 3 years of constant misunderstandings. He'll be seeking another MD. Dr. Awans front office staff is not professional and really has no business handling patient care. It's unfortunate that physicians are not more particular when hiring help. As a previous office manager of a cancer center and ob/gyn office myself I can honestly say there is no way I would behave the way this staff did over a simple misunderstanding about insurance and scheduling. I contacted them to clear up the misunderstanding and June was extremely short and rude after realizing she'd overlooked a secondary insurance. She told me after I asked her why she was being so short and rude, "REALLY??! I don't have time for this!" And she hung up on me. I called back and spoke to the receptionist who was also very combative and defensive and told me if we didn't like the way they do their jobs then find another doctor. I'd say the front office staff is most likely overworked and unhappy at their prospective jobs and are at a point that they cannot keep their cool when discussing an issue. It was really bizarre. Definitely would steer clear if seeking quality patient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491673].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Office staff is Rude..receptionist and the nurse. I'm left confused why a question about medicines would be so 'annoying' to them. Nurse never called me back. I called again and was put on hold for 4 minutes and call was dropped into automated system. I thought it was odd and called back again and answering service picked up. I now realize they don't care about their patients and seem to be about the money. I should have known right off when they charged me $550.00 upfront before running bill through insurance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483695].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr Awan is the best. He saved my husbands life. Went to several doctors that missed it and after 5 minutes if speaking to us he knew what he thought, he did the procedure and found cancer. If he had not found it my husband would have been dead in 6 months. Thank you Dr Awan and staff. We feel very blessed

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr. Amjad Awan and his associates have cared for our entire family for a number of years, during which we have come to admire their skilled and dedicated professional care, and their consistent monitoring of each patient's special needs. My lifetime of diverticulosis and polyps put me at risk, and Dr. Awan guards my health closely, unlike less caring gastroenterologists. Our family is deeply grateful to this fine physician and his excellent staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1471731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2011

This doctor's staff is RIDICULOUS! Dr. Awan is an okay doctor and I'm sure that if I spent a little more time with him rather than in his waiting room I'd have a better comment. His staff is rude and I have never felt so talked down on. I'm honestly surprised he is still in business with the way his staff handles issues. He needs to fire them and start over with a fresh crew or he may never see some of his patients again. I know I've already told my family and for them to tell their friends to stay clear. There is no need for such rude people to be working in a medical environment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1471730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2011

Totally dissatisfied with this doctor. Visited him for GI problems. He first ordered a CT scan for my liver. Then ordered a colonoscopy. The prep. medicine I was required to take was to take the second dose 2 hours prior to the procedure which made a very uncomfortable ride. He failed to request a biopsey on a polyp that was removed. After the procedure, he told me I needed a CT scan of my liver and I reminded him that I had already had that procedure. After this experience, I decided to change doctors. I went to his office to get my medical records hoping to avoid the $25 dollar charge. I was told that I was still required to Pay $25 for MY records. I have never been charged by a physician to transfer my medical records in 50 years. A doctor should be more concerned about his patients than about making money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1471733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2011

This close to Halloween I know where all the witches are! Ask for results on your scopes and MRIs as a cancer survivor and they are hateful and rude, as if you've interrupted their social schedules! How dare you!!! They won't return calls as promised, can't get the right pathology reports read to you and act as if you are an imposition for calling them back because you, as the patient, would like to know if maybe your cancer is back. How about some compassion? Or is that too much to ask? Forget the doctor calling you back - that's beneath him! He'd rather delegate it to his haughty staff who don't keep their word anyways, and if you do have a question, bah! they don't want to hear it!!! Do yourself a favor and look for a physician with a heart and a soul. Denton lost a real doctor when Dr. Haley passed, because Dr. Haley would listen and had a staff who treated patients with respect, dignity, and care. Apparently this is too much to ask for Dr. Awan and his crew.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1471732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2010

very rude and poor service. The doctor fails simple patient doctor relationship skills and lacked basic knowledge in my opinion.....he wanted me to have a colonoscopy because i complained of some difficulty in swallowing! hmmmmm

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1471729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

Dr Awan has been such a help and compassionate toward us. He took his time and cared for . His knowledge is great and we are very happy with his professional care. We will recommend him to our friends anytime. Keep up Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1471728].votes_count ]]