Rate Dr. Alvin Chan

Dr. Alvin Chan's Ratings

I saw Dr. Chan in Solutions Walk in clinic. He was very rude and very quick. I had an abscess which quickly lanced. The blood was pouring out of it he said "You better clean yourself up" as he threw a prescription on the table and walked out of the room. He was probably in the room for 3 minutes. He did not swab the wound for anything more serious. Ended up being a very serious MRSA infection that got substantially worse because of his neglectful ways. Rude office office, but the clinic was not busy. I was able to walk in and see Dr. Chan right away.

Submitted May 27, 2014 | flag

Great clinic and efficient service. Dr Chan knows his stuff and was quick to diagnose my problem. He took the time to explain my treatment options. He answered all my questions and even the ones from my anxious husband. Thank you.

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

Good doctor in this rapidly growing neighbourhood. Seen a few times. Always reassuring. Sometimes office can be too busy but wait is never too long.

Submitted May 13, 2014 | flag

Dr Chan is not interested in your health; He just wants to get paid for the visit. Don't bother asking any questions unless you want to get a condescending response. This guy gives OHIP a bad name. The good thing is that the waiting room is usually pretty empty (wonder why?!).

Submitted June 25, 2013 | flag

Friendly, helpful and solve my problem 3 others couldn't over the holidays. Will see him again if need.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2013 | flag

rude and doesn't listen to you at all. Very cold and uncaring. All he is interest in is your OHIP and make sure you come back so he can have another OHIP payment. This Doctor is in for the money and that is all.

Submitted April 30, 2012 | flag

I found this MD to be arrogant and dismissive and will not be coming back.

Submitted April 20, 2012 | flag

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

The WORST doctor i have ever seen!!! He is incredibly rude and arrogant and couldn't be bothered with what you have to say. He quickly rushed me out with a prescription after not even bothering to look at my wound!!! I can't believe this guy is a doctor, although, he did remind me of it during our 2 second visit. People go to a doctor for help, and it's sad to see how uncaring and unwilling to help he is. I will never go back to this office again!!!!

Submitted May 17, 2011 | flag

Dr Chan may not tell you what you want to hear but he tells you what you NEED to hear. Great straight forward doctor! He's there to fix you. The people who gives him bad reviews should stop whining and listen to his advice. I keep seeing him as he always gets me better. Way to go doc! J.M.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag