Rate Dr. Murdock Smith

Dr. Murdock Smith's Ratings

I have been a patient when I was very young. My experience was not a good one. He was not professional. Dr. Smith, in my opinion, was to quick to suggest drugs without performing tests, and provided little or no explanation as to what was wrong. I was very fortunate, many years ago, to find a great doctor to replace him. However, my parents were not. I understand it is very difficult to find another doctor in cape Breton. I feel very bad for my parents and the community that they have to settle for poor medical service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

Dr.Murdock Smith saved my life, when I was in my early 20s I developed Chron's disease, not much was known about the disease at that time, so he immediately sent me to the Halifax infirmary, where I was successfully assessed and treated properly, I have been free of Chron's for the last 28 years, God bless him for his quick action, I owe my life to him...literally, he is a 5 ? Doctor to me! Isabelle Sampson

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

Dr.(and I use that term lightly)Smith was my father's doctor for a number of years. My father passed away a few years ago...but just b4 he passed..about 2 weeks he was in to see the Dr. and his blood pressure was so low..he should have been admitted to the hospital. He was suffering from severe arthritis in his knees and legs. He was having a very hard time walking. He was getting depressed b/c of this...so Smith decided to put him on anti depressants, which my father had never taken b4 in his life, and put him on the highest dosage possible. My dad ended up seeing things and acting all weird..so we had to take him into the hospital. His kidneys were started to shutting down. 3 days later..he passed away from a major heart attack. Like I said...my father had been seeing him for years....and my mother never even got a phone call from him. It was so unproffesional. Just seeing what my dad when through with him...I wouldn't take a dog to him. Absolutely disgusted!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

This doctor missed breast cancer in my mother-in-law back in 1991. She had an 8cm wide tumor that had gone into her chest wall.She had a mastectomy in 1991 and then again in 2001.The cancer returned and she had a second mastectomy. Obviously she does not go to this incompetent doctor anymore. She had to take a friend to Dr.Smith recently because her friend was unable to take herself. Dr.Smith was her friend's doctor. Dr.Smith asked how my mother-in-law was doing and she replied that her daughter-in-law has breast cancer. To which he replied, "Oh, breast cancer, that's nothing!" My mother-in-law was thoroughly disgusted with his rude and ignorant comment. He obviously has the same callous disregard for cancer victims now that he had back in 1991.It is a miracle that my mother -in-law is alive. It does not matter what type of cancer a person has, it's scary and there is always the unknown. Last time I checked, women have died from breast cancer. Don't risk your life with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2009

Dr. Smith has been our doctor for several years. Dr. Smith has always been extremely thorough and addressed any issues immediately. We have also received referrals to specialists whenever he deemed it necessary. Dr. Smith has always been very considerate. We have always been extremely satisfied with his service and expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2009

Dr. Smith was my Doctor from the age of one through to my late twenties....he delivered my daughter and remained as my DR. until I moved. Wonderful, kind caring and knowledgeable DR. He took the time to drive many miles out of his way one summer to let my parents know there was a spot showing up on my left lung, on the x ray. We had no phone of car back then, and lived miles form the nearest neighbor. DR. Smith came out and I was taken back in for a follow up..turns out it was just a tight curl of hair that was hanging down my back when I had the x ray(mom used rags to make extremely tight curls).Thank You DR.SMITH

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2009

Unfortunately arrogance on Dr Smith's behalf has caused a misdiagnosis of my illness. After several visits to Dr Smith on this subject and having been repeatedly told everything was ok and it nothing to be concerned about. A year later through another doctor, I found out it was a major and life threatening illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2008

Dr. Smith has been my doctor for over 30 years. he's been there for me through 3 spinal fusions and 2 heart attacks + triple by-pass. As a family doctor his peers judge his as one of the best in Canada.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2007

when my father was in a guest home where Dr,Smith was the doctor on call he was to busy to see these patients.when my father was sick he was being treated for pneumonia he died two weeks later in hospital from lung cancer.we were very disappointed that he died on the same day that he was diagonised and i feel that if he had seen a doctor sooner we would have been able to say goodbye.Dr Smith may have too many patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

I did not like the service received by Dr. M. Smith. For every appointment you would wait about two hours, even if you had a new baby in for needles.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1477381].votes_count ]]