Rate Dr. Elizabeth Hay

Dr. Elizabeth Hay's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2503930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Very slow disorganized office. Rude, ignorant and lazy staff. Did I say slow?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

did not catch glaucoma in donnas eye . when called and informed about sever pain in her eye an crippling headaches, we were told to go to are doctor and have her book a appointment with her. Even with are doctor requesting an emergency visit she was going to make us wait a week and a half for something she should have picked up on donnas visit that was only a month before.( we were told by a specialise that this should of been caught a yr. ago)So Donna when through pain and agony all thanks to dr.hays not doing her job. this also caused her to lose about 60% off her sight in her right eye. And not once did she call to see if donna was ok only her staff to make up false info re ; her appointments. Personally I would not trust this dr. because eyes do change they do not stay the same over a period of a year.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1491458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

I found Dr. Hay very knowledgeable, friendly and concerned about my eyesight. Staff are great and always helpful. The long wait people are complaining about is for the work needed (drops, testing, etc.) which needs to be done before you see Dr. Hay. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Hay.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Amazing Dr. and incredible staff.. She has been a great support through my recent cornea transplant. When I was having post surgery problems she and her staff did whatever they could to find answers and to re-assure me. I have never felt rushed or brushed off. Dr. Hay has always been willing to answer my queastions. Her staff is pleasant and professional. The office is great. There are occaisonally waits in the office. I'm ok with that because the level of care is so high. She has talked about trying to get another doctor in to help with the work load, as she knows she is very busy. Dr. Hay is focused on giving great care effectively and efficiently. Her work and her team have been a great gift to me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2013

Dr. Hay is too busy to fulfill expectations of most patients. The good part is the excellent staff. The bad parts include the legendary wait, the communication between the tech accompanying Dr. Hay in the rooms without sharing the information with the patient, and the necessity to probe Dr. Hay for her thoughts on what concerns you. Finally I don't think she cares what patients think. With the shortage of eye specialists in Nanaimo, she can get away with it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

She saves my life and what little vision I have left. Simply the BEST!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

Found her to be very inconsiderate to my elderly parents. Rescheduled their appointment twice - the last time after keeping them waiting in the waiting room for over 2 hours. While we appreciate that she is busy and overbooked, but she should consider that her patients time is precious as well and that in the least they deserve to be treated with some respect and consideration.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2011

I recently had my first appointment with Dr. Hay after waiting over six months for an appointment after being referred to her. I found her office to be one of the most modern and well equipped of any I've seen before. She is now in a new building and everything is new and clean. She obviously has a LOT of patients as there were many in the waiting room. Her office is efficient, although some might take it as being a bit brusque. They are no nonsense. Not a whole lot of chit chat. Just down to business. Dr. Hay was very much to the point and while she may have the warmest bedside manner, she is very thorough and answered all my questions. I would rather have a doctor I trust implicitly from a medical standpoint than have a nice, but incompetent doctor. She is not warm and fuzzy, but she seems to be extremely good at what she does. I would recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2011

I saw another doctor before Dr. Hay - which makes me even more grateful for her help in comparison. She has been such a godsend for her expertise, her clear and forthright communication (which is very important to me) and her encouragement after my emergency retina surgery. Her staff is excellent as well. Very down to earth and involved with her practice. I couldn't recommend her more highly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1491451].votes_count ]]