Dr. Robb Penkala

Rate Dr. Robb Penkala

Dr. Robb Penkala's Ratings

I am 26 currently and Dr. Penkala did my braces when I was 18. After years of begging my parents, I finally was able to get braces at a much older age than normal. Dr. Penkala told me that my time in braces would last approximately a year, and the time stretched on at least a year longer than initially assessed and I wasn't able to get them off before my high school graduation as promised. On the day that I was having my braces removed, I was young and timid still but mentioned to him that my front tooth wasn't quite straight yet, which was really what I wanted to correct in the first place. He told me that to get it straighter, I would be in braces for many months longer and being young and hasty I was desperate to get them off so I let him go ahead with removing them. My front tooth is still not straight to this day and has shifted further. Because of his sloppy work I will eventually have to pay for the process all over again as an adult. He may be a decent dentist all around, but he is a terrible orthodontist and I would highly recommend going to someone who specializes in this area instead. Many times through the process, his hygienist Kelly suggested tweaks and he always ignored her advice and patronized her, despite the fact that she seemed very competent and thorough in her work. He also suggested that my sister could use braces when she was having a checkup at age 18. She was really not pleased that he hadn't suggested this earlier at an appropriate age as he had been our dentist her entire life. Ugh. So disappointing and frustrating. I am surprised at all the positive reviews. We no longer see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

A gem in the dental world! If only there were more as efficient, punctual,approachable and empathetic as he.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2450834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I give Dr. Penkala a true 10 out of 10. He has been my Dentist for years and truly goes above and beyond. Very Polite, Smart and Funny and is Great at making you feel cared for and does Great work! He is a True Professional and works Extremely hard and that is why he has Achieved what he has!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2013

Best dentist I have even seen. I have always been afraid of going to the dentist because of all the bad experiences that I had as a child.When I went to see Dr. Penkala for the first time I instantly felt more comfortable. If you express any concerns he will make sure the you feel relaxed and cared for. Now with each visit that I make to him I feel more and more comfortable going to the dentist to the point that I have no more anxiety before hand!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

This dentist is friendly but doesn't communicate and explain or discuss things well. He does not seem to know anything about Dental Phobia, nor the part about building trust so a person can keep coming back; and hopefully grow out of this. I realize this isn't uncommon; and just wish their were more dentists who actually truly listened, + understood this level of caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2011

I had the great good fortune to be treated by Dr. Robb Penkala when he was a Dental student. Even then he was unfailingly polite and would thoroughly explain the procedure. Later he would become my regular Dentist at the West End Dental Clinic. I was always made to feel comfortable by his assistant Kendra who I cared for a great deal and did not mind being in a dentist's chair. Robb has an uncanny knack of knowing when his patient is comfortable and he ensures you suffer absolutely no pain while in his chair. Enjoyed the rapport between he and Kendra as well as Kelly. With him, Saskatoon has the best Dentist in the country. Thanks for everything you did for me Robb. - Don Zolmer -

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Great dentist, - great guy! Quick, precise (in word and deed). I feel so comfortable seeing him that I can actually go to sleep in his dental chair. If only they could get some teeth cleaners trained to begin approaching his expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2008

As far as I am concerned he is the ONLY dentist at westend dental, very friendly patient on time ... Acutally went to school for dentistry unlike the other so called detists there .. I wish there were rating for the front staff tho .. very very poor I quit going to westend dental because of the front line staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2008

Good dentist, but the reception/office staff are unfriendly and incomptetant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2008

Dr. Penkala is the best dentist this city has and will ever have!! Very patient, knowledgeable, and professional!! I will NEVER see anyone else. Seriously, i recommend him to all ages, you'll never want to try anyone else, you'll want to stick with him. Thanks for ALL the good work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1493407].votes_count ]]