Rate Dr. Michael Promnitz

Dr. Michael Promnitz's Ratings

Dr. Promnitz is the most caring doctor I have ever met. He loves children and it sure shows in his knowledge and diagnoses. He saved my daughter and I will be forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2548918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

We took our 3 month old daughter to emergency 9 years ago they called Dr Promnitz in. He quickly did a spinal tap, blood test, x-rays, to find out what was wrong. We were extremely lucky to have Dr Promnitz since our kids were born in Cambridge and we just moved to Guelph. He took both of our kids in and has been heaven sent since. Can't thank him enough for looking after ours!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I have a few years of experience with this doctor. He did circumcision of both of my sons (with no issues at all). He is always very helpful and we did not have any misdiagnosed problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

He is a very knowledgeable, no nonsense kind of doctor. I only saw him once, but left with a very positive impression. If I could bring my daughter to him on a regular basis, I would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

I was very lucky to have Dr. Promnitz assigned to our baby after giving birth in the hospital. We had only lived in Guelph for two months, so this was a big relief, as he agreed to take my son on as a patient, much to the chagrin of his admin woman. I got the impression at the time from the nurse in the hospital that he is an excellent, sought after pediatrician. She wasn't wrong. He is an excellent pediatrician who knows his stuff. He listens and offers doctor and parent advice, often relating it to his own situation. He never rushes us, and we always have all our questions answered. He does not over medicate or dole out prescriptions when not needed, and I feel he always puts my children's health first and foremost. He really knows how to interact with them, and they enjoy going to the doctor. My kids have been patients since 2006.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

Love him! He was the 1st doctor to stop and pay attention.. Other doctors would just read what the chart said and nod and send us along our way.. He finally diagnosed my son with laryngomalacia after 14 other doctors/er trips ect didnt catch it. He also caught whooping cough when 3 other doctors said just a little cough.. but for someone with laryngomalacia, could be fatal.. We now see him 10 years later for my younger son and he remembered us after all these years!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2011

I think he is the best doctor ever! He took my son on after he was in the Special Care nursery. I am forever thankful and grateful to him and his wonderful staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

When we took our son to emergency a few years ago. they called Dr Promnitz in. He quickly did a spinal tap, blood test, x-rays, you name it. Alex was quite sick and was hospitalized for 1 week, but went home perfectly healthy. We were extremely lucky to have Dr Promnitz that night, and I cannot thank him enough for treating our son. Best doctor ever, no doubt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503463].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2010

Just called the office, not taking on new patients, no waiting list, nothing. Our baby will not even be born until late June 2010, receptionist gave no help what so ever on how to become a patient. Office management seems less then desirable. Obviously not an indication to Dr. Promnitz medical skills what so ever, however I believe the administrative aspect could use some fine tuning. A waiting list would be great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

I LOVVVEE DR> PROMNITZ!!! He was the paed dr on call when we delivered my twins! He was absoultely fantastic and now he is their Dr. Whether it be for checkups or ear infections rashes, he comes in with a smile, is gentle and caring! The kids love him, plus they get suckers at the end.lol!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1503461].votes_count ]]