Rate Dr. Dean Zizzo

Dr. Dean Zizzo's Ratings

I have to disagree with the negative comments I have seen. Dr. Dean has been our Family Doctor for many years including my parents, my children, grandchildren and my husband and myself. Dr. Dean certainly has cared for our health and is the first person to recommend a specialist if he feels there is any doubt or concern about particular situations. Kind, generous and one of the most dedicated Family Physicians I have experienced in my life time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Nice guy. Sharp and to the point. But assumes too much. I finally built up the courage to go for my first physical at 26 and was told it was a waste of time and not to come back until after 30. Was told I have allergies that I do not have. The shortest waiting room time I have sat through is 50 minutes (not including the second wait time in the room). Average 2 hours. Longest 3 and a half. I go less than once a year, only when I feel like I really need help, and want him to listen to me and ask me questions, not shoe me out the door in 5 minutes. I have also been refused appointments for not being a big enough concern and am told which walk-ins to go to so he doesn't have to pay up.

Again, nice guy, but I expect a little more empathy from my doctor. Perhaps many people overuse his service, but check my record. If I haven't been there in over a year, give me my 15 minutes and don't jump to conclusions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

As others posted. Arrogant doesn't even begin to describe him. I've struggled with depression for years and when I finally convinced my dad to take me to see about getting some medication to help me (confronting him alone was scary enough for me) I went in, told him WHY I was in need on it, so basically telling my entire life story, and when I finished, he said and I quote, "what do you want me to do?" In THE MOST arrogant tone of voice. He looked at me as if I was the crazy one!! All I can say is I'm 16 now and going to find my own doctor, sorry mom and dad!! I will also add that he has my little brother on insane amounts of medication for his asthma. An amount no six year old needs. Also, when we do go there it is always AT LEAST a 1-2 hour wait. Look elsewhere for a reliable doctor, people!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1509733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Dr. Zizzo was my mothers doctor. I am not happy with the way my mother was treated or the fact that he never listened to or took her seriously. My mother has since passed away and I can't help thinking that if he hadn't acted on what she went in for in a different manner she may still be with us now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1509732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2014

Arrogant does not begin to describe him. Swore at my wife for daring to disagree with him. Charged me $40/child for doctors notes that the camp they were going to required. Have sat in the waiting room for over an hour after my scheduled appointment time many times. Lucky to have found another family doctor in the area and am switching this week. Definately keep looking if you are considering him as your doctor. Should take a few lessons from his dad and the other doctors in his office who apprently didn't skip the classes on bed-side manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1509731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2012

Wow. Harsh comments. I've been a patient of Dr. Dean for over 15 years. He has never been rude or abrupt with me. Very proactive in his care. Has made good choices when referring me to a specialist. New location is a big improvement. Have waited for more than an hour in the waiting room, but last two visits have been much better. When I did have to wait he acknowledged this and apologized without my mentioning it. Not having to pay to park is nice although spots are few. He's much better than other people indicate here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1509730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2012

Pompous and arrogant!! Only 3 appts with him - waited 1hr in waiting room. Was referred to a specialist I didn't ask for and when I didn't agree to this appt and cancelled it so I didn't waste a specialist's time, I was promptly dropped as a patient. Dean needs to remember he is not GOD and I as the patient have the final say in my own healthcare. This includes who I go to see for consultations. Dean's ego needs to be taken down a notch or two. Staff very sour faced. No compassion by staff or doctor. I think he was just looking for an excuse to let me go as a patient because I embarrassed him on my 2nd visit when he and his male assistant were going on and on about how a pap test was "torture" for a woman and I called him on it and said these comments were not helpful or necessary and he should just do the routine check up without all the commentary. Obviously his ego can't handle a strong female who won't be bullied or obey his every command.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1509735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2011

I like him. I've had him as my doctor during two different periods in my life. I don't go to him now because I moved out of town again and since I've moved back I have decided to go to another practice. He was great with my kids and he believed in me when others did not. I am not even in his "league" but he believed in me. He is short in manner sometimes and has hurt my feelings before but overall I like him very well and trust him as a doctor. I can understand what some of the complaints are but in my opinion he is definitely worth a try to see if he is a fit personality ways because at least if you click with him you will know you have a knowledgeable doctor that wants the best for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1509729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

Ok, first of all I know that all doctors office telephones are ringing off the hook but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get through, seriously invest in an answering machine as I cannot sit all day on the phone waiting for it to become free. Second, Dr. Zizzo should really try a different profession as following in his fathers footsteps is not the path for him. He could care less about his patients health and well being, he's just in it for the money. Also, he seems to have a problem with referring patients to specialists. I struggled with severe acne for 3 years and all his treatments did not work and after several times of me asking to be referred to a derm he said it was no problem. It was so severe I was depressed and decided myself to see a dermatologist because she was friends with my mom and right away put me on accutane because t was so bad. Also, I broke my wrist and he said it was nothing and wouldn't send me for x-rays so I went to emergency and what do you know? I broke my wrist. Terribl

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1509728].votes_count ]]