Rate Dr. Peter Gutmanis

Dr. Peter Gutmanis's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Dr. Gutmanis gave me back my life. I was wracked with pain 24/7 with arthritic knees. Now I have two new knees and am walking 3 to 6 miles every day, can do stairs with no problem, no pain. I sleep through the night without being awakened by pain. I take no medications and truly feel alive again! Re-born at 65.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2012

The most arrogant doctor I've ever met. I was in the hospital for an infection in my knee after a simple surgery, which he did not originally perform but had to do a follow up surgery. Even after all the blood tests came back saying I had infection he continued to say I was waisting the hospital's time and space because I didn't have infection and shouldn't be complaining. I also listened to him belittle others in my room. He is a disgrace.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2011

The best front line staff ever. Got me a short cut into see the doctor, went out of her way to help me...awesome

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

Although Dr. Gutmanis is possessed an abrupt manner and a rather perverse sense of humour which not all patients would necessarily relate to, the work he did relative to my fairly minor surgery was excellent. A good mechanic. On the other hand, his front of office receptionist is impatient, offensive, passive aggressive, bullying and condescending. Perhaps Dr. Gutmanis is aware of this, perhaps not. Either way, it's a miracle there are people willing to subject themselves to her scathing distaste for his patients. This is our health care? For this reason I would never recommend anyone to him. People really deserve basic human kindness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2010

A voice from the past…I first met Dr. Gutmanis in Apr. 1979 as a result of a really nasty motorcycle accident “(if any of you see the good doctor ask him to check out this post, please)” and was under his care for a lengthy period and many surgeries. Thanks to this doctor I was able to walk once again, and still am today. Dr. Gutmanis stuck by me with both medical care and support , by both suggesting procedures and listening to my personal needs/wishes etc. I always found his bedside manners refreshing and funny, if you want to help yourself this is THE MAN, if you want pity or do not want to help yourself go elsewhere. When he left BMP we lost one of the best! – HEY DOC if you see this drop me an email at firstname@lastname.ca I used to love dropping in on you at your rue Nord farm – now you should remember me! I also came to see him as a friend and had a chance to work together while duplicating x-rays photographically which at that time was much more complicated than today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

i've had five surgeries with dr gutmanis. He will always be my first choice fpr a surgeon.b I only hope i get all my surgeries done before he retires . I love his sense of humor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2009

Went to this doctor after WCB recommended him. Had MRI, and was told that I had knees of a 55 year old woman, at 35. Said he couldnt do surgery on me, because I was overweight( 30pds) and it would only give me 10 years pain free. SAY WHAT? Look for another doctor, its not worth it to go to this one!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2009

I see him yearly re: future knee replacement. Always takes the time to explain whatever is the present concern. Has made many helpful suggestions to delay the surgery until it is absolutely necessary.He is very reassuring!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2008

Dr. G replaced both of my hips. I couldn't ask for a more competent surgeon. Yes, he comes across as arrogant but that's just because he is confident in his skill and ability. And rightly so. He has a great sense of humour and he tells it like it is so some people get offended. If you want someone to tell you what you want to hear, find another doctor. We need more doctors like Peter Gutmanis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1515179].votes_count ]]