Rate Dr. Wayne A. Colizza

Dr. Wayne A. Colizza's Ratings

I got my life back thanks to Dr.colizza. I needed to have a bilateral knee replacement due to rheumatoid arthritis. He was kind, knowledgeable and honest. I was back on my feet in less than a month!

Submitted Jan. 25, 2014 | flag

I've had Dr. Colizza for many years and several surgeries. Without him I doubt if I would be walking again without any braces on my right leg which I had to wear for a few years. He's an excellent Dr - he's straight foreward with you and tells you like it is. Very honest and also a caring Dr towards his patients. I would recommend him to anyone because of how he helped me. He doesn't pull any surprises and puts everything out on the table when it comes time for surgery. I feel his staff and nurse if great.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Colizza does not blow his own horn but he should. He will tell you there could always be complications, etc. He has performed surgery on 4 people who I've known and has done so successfully each time. Two months after my hip replacement I was able to dance at my daughter's wedding. He is really top notch.

Submitted April 4, 2013 | flag

This dr did arthroscopic surgery on my right knee/torn meniscus. He fixed me right up! I was basically walking that same day-and I no longer walk with a limp. I am upset also that he dropped my insurance-but was after surgery. Staff was OK - I did once wait a really long time for a follow up - I think it was over two hours. But I liked him.

Submitted March 25, 2012 | flag

I saw Dr. Colizza about a pending hip replacement. He's a great guy - extremely knowledgable and personable - and his own staff is 1st rate. I was about to let him do my surgery when 2 things happened: He dropped my insurance plan just before the surgery was to take place - but kindly offered to personally absorb any costs above the insured rate. What a mensch! But the killer was that Tricounty Orthopedic, where he now works, has consistently failed to return phone calls since my first dealings with them. The last straw was when I called the billing dept. with concern when I heard that Colizza was dropping UHC, and was assured a callback the next day. I called every day for a week, trying to get the person I'd spoken to. Finally, after a week, another person called back from Tricounty who had no idea why I'd initially called. This stuff is out of Colizza's control. If you can stand dealing with Tricounty, he's your man. I couldn't take it and went elsewhere (with good results, so far!)

Submitted Oct. 21, 2009 | flag

Top self, his staff was very helpful, actually returned phone calls. Dr explained all that was going to happen, doesn't pull any punches, tells it like it is. A very good surgeon as well. I would definitly recommend Dr Colizza.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2007 | flag

Dr. Colizza was wonderful. I was a bit afraid since this was a new experience for me to see an orthopedist. He was very patient and answered all my questions, even the silly ones.

Submitted April 3, 2007 | flag

Dr. Colizza was extremely friendly and helpful. His "bedside manner" is excellent! And he told me about a "home remedy" of brador and maple syrup.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2007 | flag

I have seen Dr Colizza for a few years in his Cedar Knolls location. He always has a pleasant smile and his manner is assuring and calm. I wish he was the physician who did my joint replacement. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Submitted July 3, 2006 | flag