Rate Dr. Felix Veloso

Dr. Felix Veloso's Ratings

I fainted on a plane, hitting my head & suffering a bad concussion. He ordered an EEG then said the 'slowing' waves he saw on the results, is enough to suspect epilepsy even though a brain injury could cause the same results & I was not even witnessed having a 'seizure'. He proceeded to inform SGI & my licence was suspended. I'm 31 with no history (aside from a few episodes of syncope yrs ago) When I asked to discuss the circumstances around previous times I'd fainted - He said simply 'it doesn't matter'. He said there are no other tests that can be done, when I asked for more, & prescribed a strong AED without ever having had an actual confirmed 'seizure'. I insisted on a 2nd opinion and since have seen 2 other neurologists, ( one being an Epileptologist), who both said there is NO evidence of seizures whatsoever, and the medication prescribed to me could actually be more harmful, in my case. Highly unrecommended, this Dr. is negligent and should no longer be practicing!!!! Avoid!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

I received MRI results that indicated I may have MS and the report recommended an enhanced MRI to get more info. Dr. Veloso said in my case it wouldn't matter if I had MS as there would be no treatment anyway. I am a paraplegic and use a wheelchair. I asked him if he would be concerned if these results came in for another patient who did not have a disability and he said he would be. He is unethical and biased in his views of disability and should not be allowed to continue to treat patients differently based on this bias.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Really nice staff, not all on time but wasn't so bad that you wanted to pull your hair out. When i did get in to see him he was a very kind man and very honest with me, Great bedside manner. Put me on something that finally works and when i had questions he would answer honestly, even if that answer was I don't know but let me look into it. Wasn't rushed and fully listened to me I am in quite a bit less pain now and able to get out of bed most days. Would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

I asked him "what are you doing for me"? No reply BUT his staff advised I was no longer a patient! The only thing he would say is "see you in six months". Very unsatisfied and get this neurologist assume they control your life! I asked for a referral and because he did not know them NO was his answer. No wonder people are upset with this!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2012

I found Dr Veloso to be very thorough, asked many questions about my symptoms, and sent me for bloodwork, X-ray and MRI. Very pleasant man, great receptionist. And he was punctual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2010

I've have seen Dr. Veloso the last five years and have never felt like I had any support with my MS from him at all. He just all I ever really heard from his mouth was 'and' and 'see you in six months'. I felt like the medication I was prescribed was doing more damage then good but he never seemed to care and just kept me on it. On average waiting would be an hour and a half or so.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2010

I had a reaction to some meds I was taking for a gastrointestinal problem. I was referred to Dr Veloso by my family physician at the time. I explained the whole story to him and wrote out for him, my persistent neurological problems as a result of these meds. He was scribbling something on paper as I was talking ( I had the feeling after that he could have been drawing cartoons) as he showed zero interest in me and what I was saying. After a 45 second inspection, he told me to leave and that he would send a report to my family doctor. He gave me a diagnoses for a condition that requires numerous tests to rule out other things with similar symptoms. It had nothing to do with what I was telling him and he performed only a CT scan. He gave me all the time and consideration of a man swating a bug that annoyingly flew in front of him. I am currently seeing another neurologist with much better results. Shame on this guy for having no compassion. Maybe time to retire?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2010

This doctor does not listen to his patients. He had me on strong antidepressants that had severe gastrointestinal side effects. He told me 3 times "that drug cant do that to you? Whatever you do dont stop taking them." Well guess what,Glaxo took it off the market for causing severe gastrointestinal problems. My digestion is ruined forever because this guy didnt believe me. If he is the only doctor here that will see me for my siezure disorder, I will go to my grave without seeing another doctor for it. He has no idea what I was going through and didnt seem to care. He knows better because thats what the drug companys are telling him and they cant be wrong. I wonder why this specialist is so quick to prescribe new medications, but then dismisses the patients ongoing concerns. This seems fishy to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Have gone to Dr. V for 9 yrs...started after my initial MS diagnosis. Can be hard to understand at times, but willing to answer any questions I have. Feel that he is helpful and is very knowledgeable about my disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

I have had epilepsy for several years and wanted to go off my meds as I felt that after several years of being seizure free it was time to try going without. As soon as I suggested that I wanted off my meds he got mad at me and told me he would not have any dealings with me and that he was handing me over to my family doctor. I was not impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1519753].votes_count ]]