Rate Dr. Paul O'Boynick

Dr. Paul O'Boynick's Ratings

Terrible bedside manner & his secretary Maria is worse. Definitely difficult staff I have several issues w my spine incl multiple protruding discs, severe spinal stenosis in cervical thoracic & lumbar. I had seen him in the fall he only told me they could possibly do surgery on the bone spur in the neck and sent me back to the pain mgmt folks who have continue to give me injections w/o improvement. I had a nasty slip & for all on the ice last week which left me unconscious. The ER Dr told me I needed to see Oboynick ASAP & even called & spoke w/ asso I called his office had to leave a message & the next morning Maria rtd my call. She told me they could schedule I office visit following wk. I arrived w/all the info the ER Dr had given me Oboynick told me I had to go pick up my own disks & reschedule. The hospital records folks said the Dr office had to call for those records I live more than an hour away Definitely not helpful Bad customer service!

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. O'Boynick is truly a miracle worker. I had spent months in pain with the need to have next surgery and by the time I took the step it was pretty bad. Almost instantly his surgicial skills have given me my life and my mobility back. Can't thank you enough. Iwould recommend this surgeon and his team to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

The best Neuro-Surgeon in the Midwest. Amazing support staff. I am about to have an additional surgery and Iwould trust nNoone else. Hands down, the best in every aspect of patient care.

Submitted April 4, 2013 | flag

Dr.O'Boynick saved my life.I had a aneursym that busted in my brain in Nov 2002,I didnt end up seeing him till 24hrs after it busted,but he saved my life and is a very good doctor. Thank you for all that have done for me and giving me a 2nd at life.

Submitted March 16, 2013 | flag

Took my 83 year old Mother to this office and was treated to horrible bedside manner and felt like we were just blown off by the Dr because of Moms age. If you dont ask questions you wont get answers and you can be sure they will be one word answers. I would NOT recommend this Dr.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2012 | flag

I went to Dr. O several times...he refused to do surgery on me and instead referred me to a bunch of clowns that I had to deal with for several years before I just got fed up and went back to him and asked him again could he do something? He said yes, did a hemilamenectomy-which totally turned out bad AND MADE BY BACK PAIN MUCH MUCH WORSE! This guy's bedside manner is terrible too. He is very very intimidating and doesn't like you to ask questions. I heard he was good, but not so much I guess. He never followed up with me after the surgery and could have cared less about the outcome...he passed me on to his physician's assistant! And his secretary, Maria, thinks SHE is the doctor....good luck with her.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2010 | flag

Great doctor- quick & to the point. Didn't dilly-dally; said we'd tried our options and need to do surgery or I won't really ever feel better- he is confident but never cocky- very down to earth. I feel very safe going in to have surgery with him leading the way.

Submitted March 2, 2010 | flag

Maria his staff tries to run everything. If you can get past her you'll be ok.Dr. O'boynick is great.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. O'Boynick completed back surgery on me. He is very skilled at his job. I met with him on Monday at his Olathe Med office, and was on the table Friday of the same week. Dr. O'Boynick is very timely- (no doinking around), which is nice because I don't remember what his waiting area looks like... unlike my family practice Dr.'s office. No concerns from me, hats off to Dr. O'Boynick. He has skill. :)

Submitted Oct. 13, 2009 | flag

Not sure why he has a waiting room, I have never had to sit in it for longer that a minute or two, and some times not sat down at all. Dr. O'Boynick is very smart and a very compassionate person, which means a lot to a person who was in a lot of pain.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2009 | flag