Dr. Cheryl H. Geer

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 30 reviews. Dr. Cheryl H. Geer has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2806034
22/08/13 5 4 5 5 My wife and I loves her, she delivered our 3rd kid just a couple weeks ago. Does she take long in her appointments -yes. But she is worth the wait. You people are nuts who gave her a bad review. My wife had to male doctors in Camarillo...they were horrible! Dr. Geer is amazing, I will take that to the grave. She is passionate about her job. She mentioned stuff about the weight, but she is mentions it because she is a professional -that is her job. Dr. Geer is amazing and worth the wait. I have recommended her to women and I am not even a women!!! I love my wife and she is happy with doctor Geer. My wife did gripe about the wait, but she would never go to any other doc!!! Sorry Doc Geer I had to give you a "4" on punctual, but your a busy women, I get it =) Staff is great! Amazing Professional Doctor (Period)  Respond
RID: 2603108
29/03/13 5 5 5 5 I love Dr Geer. She was my wife’s dr for the delivery of our baby boy on March 17. All of my wife’s friends told her that Dr Geer was the best, and we completely agree. My wife’s sister had complications during her delivery (amniotic fluid embolism) and all the nurses on the labor and delivery floor seemed on edge (we loved our nurses too, nothing against them). When it came time to push, every nurse on the floor was in the room. It was kind of tense but as soon as Dr Geer walked in she took control. She was confident, competent, and sooo calming to everyone in the room. It turned into a really special and relaxed experience because Dr Geer just had this really great calming presence. We will tell everyone we know how great she is and how lucky we feel that she’s our Dr. She also did the dirty work of getting all visitors out of the room so we could get some rest while we waited for the baby to move down. THANK YOU Dr Geer, we really appreciate how great you are.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2519748
02/01/13 1 1 1 1 Where to begin with this worst doctor in the history. After making the appointment, When we showed up she said, "My assistant should of told you we were not accepting new patients, but since you are here I guess I have no choice." In a mean way. This should have been a red flag but we made the next appt. As the weeks passed I got diabetes due to the pregnancy and she would be degrating towards me saying I was overweight and was sure I had diabetes my whole life. I did not have diabetes before nor with my first childs birth. As the pregnancy went on she insisted to have a c-section because she was sure the baby was WAY over weight and if we tried to give natural birth the baby "Would die and choke while attempting that." Brining me to tears we decided on the c-section. After birth the baby only weighed 7 pounds to which I should have punched her in the face for what she made me go through. This is by far the worst doctor EVER!!!!  Respond
RID: 2471713
11/11/12 5 3 5 5 Though the wait time can seem tedious, it is totally worth it. I had a complicated pregnancy and delivery, but I always felt safe and well taken care of with Dr. Geer. She is kind and caring. She always listened to and addressed my concerns. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1684723
12/01/12 5 4 5 5 I made an appointment with Dr. Geer last year (March 2011) and I’m from out of town. She is knowledgeable and caring. I was fortunate to have found her because I had a bad experience with another OB/GYN doctor prior to seeing her. I had a cervical polyp removed and I didn’t feel the pain at all. In addition, her staff are friendly and just great. I highly recommend this doctor. :)  Respond
RID: 1494625
24/07/11 5 4 5 5 Dr.Geer is an amazing doctor! She exhibits the perfect balance of professionalism, sincerity, warmth, optimism and confidence. We are so grateful to have her in our lives.She was attentive to our concerns as first parents, and gave us both the confidence we needed to make informed decisions. Her keen intuition is the key factor that sets her apart from other doctors we met with. When you are in labor you want the most knowledgeable doctor there who is capable of making the right rash decisions for you and your baby. I will never forget the mellow words she offered the night of my son's birth.She eased every anxtious feeling in my gut.She is encouraging when you need encouragement. She is truthful when you are being an irrational, emotional pregnant woman.We always left her office laughing and ready for the next phase of pregnancy.She is a magical lady!  Respond
RID: 1491816
20/07/11 2 1 3 3 I'm sure expectant mothers love the time she takes with them, but that means she is never on time for anyone else. I have seen her for 5-6 years and she has never been on time yet.....not even for the first morning appointment! Be prepared for a long wait. This is very difficult for those of us who work 9-5. She also has a pretty high turnover of office staff, so they never seem to know what they are doing. She is very kind and patient, but seems a little ditzy which does not instill a lot of confidence. You may wonder why I still see her. The truth is, I am past my childbearing years and don't need my hand held. I go to her for an exam once a year. If I were a younger pregnant woman who had to see her every month, I would find someone else who was patient and kind, and a little more professional.
RID: 1424297
24/04/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Geer is Amazing! After being with my previous GYN 15 years I was diagnosed with breast cancer. A year later I had lower abdominal pain. Through my illness and pain I had to advocate for myself. I never received even a call back on test results from my previous doctor. I knew that I needed a new doctor. A week after I first saw Dr. Geer I ended up in the emergency room. Dr. Geer’s office not only gave me direction, also followed up with me. Dr. Geer called twice while I was there. Dr. Geer has been thorough, made recommendations and had a plan. I now have peace of mind. She is aggressive, straight forward and companionate. I rarely have questions after her explanations. Recently I had a hysterectomy. It was laparoscopic. My recovery has been incredible. I have NEVER felt so comfortable about my medical care in my life. I no longer worry about a breast cancer reoccurrence. I know that if it happens I will be under the best care and the most updated medical technology, with Dr. Geer.
RID: 1382324
08/03/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Geer has been the best doctor I have ever had. She is completely honest, and won't tell you just what you want to hear. I believe she is the reason that my triplet pregnancy has been so incredible. You may have to wait a little to see her, but she spends a ton of time on you, and really cares for her patients.
RID: 1314792
14/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Geer is my new Gyno. She is honest, takes time for me, and I feel confident in her abilities. Her staff is great,her office the nicest I've ever seen. One can call ahead and see if she's running late, but even if she is, so take a good book! I think it's sad that she got bad ratings for over weight women that don't like to be told the truth! This is about ones health, so I will keep her as long as she wants to work. She is a diamond!
RID: 1297421
19/11/10 5 3 5 5 18 mths ago, Dr. Geer delivered my 3rd child. I was in early, early labor dilated to 4 at 28 weeks. She put me on complete bed rest at the hospital. Her decisions and care allowed me to make it to 36 weeks! It surprised the staff on account of they all thought my baby was coming early. Actually- she even turned around and drove back from her vacation when she found out about my condition. I was in the hospital for 8 1/2 weeks and she saw me EVERYDAY. She always reminded me-the more days my baby is in utero, the less NICU time will be had for them. Always encouraging me to keep it going. I love my son, my healthy son. and I love Dr. Geer.
RID: 1289833
09/11/10 5 4 5 5 When I visited Dr.Geer 2 years ago I needed my yearly and wanted to know why after a year of trying I had not conceived. Instead of scheduling further tests she informed me that I was very overweight and needed to lose some lbs before further testing could me done. I left the office discouraged but signed up for weightwatchers the next day. The next year I scheduled my yearly and returned.... 55lbs less. But I still wondered why I hadn't conceived yet. She explained that it would happen any time and it was just my body trying to readjusting to the weight loss. I decided to quit trying to loose and focus on maintaining my lbs. Well 3 months later I just scheduled my first prenatal appointment!!!!! If it wasn't for Dr. Geer I would have most likely never conceived been prescribed insulin for my diabetic resistance. and suffered from other complications of obesity. Thanks Dr.Geer for motivating me to get my life on track! I hope others listen to her words of wisdom and make a change
RID: 1149872
15/04/10 1 1 1 1 This was the absolute WORST experience I've ever had with a doctor. The waiting room was very nice, which was good, since she was almost 30 mins late with my appt. But the nice waiting room is the ONLY positive thing I can say of this visit. Dr. Geer was extremely degrading, unprofessional, condescending and offensive. Her staff was not friendly. She scolded me about things in my medical records to the point I was ready to cry. She refused to talk to me about the specific reason I was seeing her, but instead told me she was less concerned about that and more concerned about my weight. I was 40 lbs overweight at the time. She told me to lose weight and my problem would probably fix itself. She gave me a voucher for Weight Watchers with her name as a referral and dismissed me. While performing the female exam, she talked to her nurse asst. about another patient, calling the patient by name in front of me. The whole experience was a nightmare and very emotionally upsetting.
RID: 1125703
11/03/10 5 5 5 5 I was tired of finding MDs who make you feel like you're at county central. Dr. Geer & her staff were a godsend. There have been times when I waited, but when she saw me, she was fully there for me and I never felt as though I was being rushed. If you want a doctor's office to rush you in & out, refer you to a nurse & not give you personalized attention, you might be happier elsewhere so that you MIGHT be seen within an hour. But if you want quality service & to be treated like a human with care & respect, I have never met a more knowledgeable, loving, compassionate, & concerned doctor. Just walk into her office & you'll see from the little extras she puts into her waiting room that she cares & is concerned about your comfort. The murals in her domed ceilings are a loving tribute to her pregnant goddesses. There are back massagers in the chairs and bottles of water for you to sip. I wish there were more doctors like Doctor Geer. I can't say enough good things about her.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1113976
24/02/10 1 1 1 1 BEWARE! I MISSED ONE APPOINTMENT I HAD TO BE 26WEEKS AT THE TIME. SHE CAME OUT TO THE WAITING ROOM AND PUT HER HAND ON MY STOMACH AND ASKED HOW DO I KNOW IF THE BABY IS STILL ALIVE. THAT IT MIGHT NOT BE. AFTER I SUFFERED FROM A MILD ANXIETY ATTACK I TOLD HER I FEEL HIM MOVING THAT IS HOW I KNOW HE IS ALIVE. SHE TOLD ME HE MIGHT NOT MAKE IT AND FOR NO REASON. I WAS SO APPAULED THAT I LEFT AND WENT HOME. SHE CALLED ME AND TOLD ME TO COME BACK NOW OR SHE WOULD DISCHARGE ME AND ANOTHER DR WILL NOT ACCEPT ME SO FAR INTO MY PREGNANCY. AT THAT POINT I TOLD HER I DO NOT CARE WHO DELIVERS MY BABY AS LONG AS IT IS NOT HER. MIND YOU THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME GOING INTO THIS PREGNANCY WAS THAT A PRIVATE DR I KNOW DELIVERS MY CHILD. I ENDED UP HAVING A RANDOM DR I NEVER EVEN MET BEFORE DELIVER MY SON AND IT WAS BETTER THAT WAY. DR GEER IS EVIL, SELFISH, RUDE, GREEDY, AND MEAN. MY SECOND CHILD WAS DELIVERED BY DR LANTER IN CAMARILLO. SHE IS AMAZING!!!  Respond
RID: 1078481
14/01/10 4 1 1 1 Lets just say I was very thankful to leave this practice before I delievered! Dr. Geer is an airhead. She does not know what she is talking about and I wondering if she actually had my charts in front of her or somebody elses. She seemed to always find something wrong with me that needed an ultrasound, even though I didn't need one. When I moved I tried getting my records from her several times and she refused to give them to me. She also failed to send them to my new doctor. Once they finally got them she did not send any ultrasounds (because they weren't needed) and also didn't give me several tests needed during a pregnancy. So when I went to my new doctor I had to see a specialist every 2 weeks because of what Dr. Geer had told me. Turns out nothing was wrong. While at the practice I would spend 45 minutes in the waiting room and more time in the room. My husband stopped coming to appt. because of the wait time. The poor office staff did everything in the office.
RID: 1007822
12/10/09 5 4 5 5 DR. GEER IS WONDERFUL!!!!!! I was very nervous during my first pregnancy & she was very encouraging & supportive the entire time. If I ever had a question she would always call me right back or fit me in for an appointment that day! Her staff is super sweet too! When it was time to deliver, she made me feel like I was the only patient that mattered & made sure I was 100\% comfortable during my labor. I felt very confident knowing that she was my doctor. My birth experience went better than I ever could have imagined & I am so thankful she was my physician. I really like how she takes her time and never rushes me during office visits (which is the only reason you might have to wait, but I appreciate the time she spends with me and would prefer that over a doctor that just wants patients in and out quickly). It is easy to see that she truly loves what she does & cares very much for each of her patients. To anyone who said anything bad about her.. I hope you stub your toe! =)
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 995137
24/09/09 1 1 1 3 Wow. This was the most degrading and miserable experience as a patient i have ever had. please don't subject yourself to this woman or her staff.
Paid (or co-pay): $85
RID: 922479
25/06/09 1 1 1 1 This was the worst Dr I have ever been too. It was my first time being pregnant and she made the first 6 months complete hell for me. She told me that I was overweight and that I was going to give my child diabetes then she started on my husband and he WASNT EVEN HER PATIENT! Very rude, no compassion, or bedside manner. I would not recommend this Dr to anyone even if they were my worst enemy. Don’t waste your time and money on this very unhappy person.
RID: 914407
16/06/09 3 1 2 4 I've only been to her once and I'm never going back. She insisted on telling me that every thing my old doctor told me was completely wrong, like spermicide condoms could NOT give me a bladder infection (which nearly every health professional would argue against) and my irregular cycle was completely normal and fine (my other doctor found that I had a thyroid condition). I also asked her to write me a prescription for birth control to regulate my periods and she only wrote me up for 1 month. What the heck?
RID: 914054
15/06/09 1 1 1 1 She is the most unprofessional OBGYN. Her staff is very lazy and not helpful.If you go to her you are guaranteed at minimum 45min before gracing you with herself. She only cares about her paycheck. I went six+ times for a yeast infection last year and she couldn't cure me. She ended up referring me to another doctor.The worst doctor uless of course your pregnant.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 885352
12/05/09 5 3 5 5 Dr. Geer just delivered my first baby. I could not have asked for a better doctor. During the whole pregnancy she answered every question I had and returned my calls promptly if I had a question after my appointment. My pregnancy and delivery went incredibly smooth and I owe that to Dr. Geer. Her staff would also call me before an appointment if she was running late so that I wouldn't have to wait so long in the office. I would recommend Dr. Geer to anyone looking for a kind and considerate OB/GYN.
RID: 858559
11/04/09 5 5 5 5 I recently gave birth to my first child and I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I owe that almost totally to Dr. Geer! She was so supportive, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She really made me feel like I was truly cared about as a person. Dr. Geer always gave her full attention to me and treated me as though I were her only patient of the day. I will/would without a doubt recommend her to anyone how would ask and most definitely continue to use her for years to come!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 806258
03/03/09 1 1 1 1 Cheryl Geer is the most self-absorbed, insensitive, human being I have ever known. I have an eating disorder and have fluctuated in weight my entire life. The only thing she could do is scold me about my weight, and even commented on the state of my body while doing a pelvic exam. She is cruel and inconsiderate and is lacking any shred of human decency or kindness. If you have the misfortune of visitng her office, expect that you will wait, naked for a minimum of 45 mins beyond your appt time for her highness to appear. She also bashed other doctors in the area, claiming everyone was after her. Never use this doctor.
RID: 800410
25/02/09 5 4 5 5 I love Dr. Geer. She was so helpful when I was pregnant with my first child and made the experience wonderful. I agree that she needs to work on her bedside manners, but it didn't bother me so much because she was making sure I got the treatment I deserved from the nurses at the hospital. I was disappointed when I learned she no longer accepted HMOs, but will go back to her and pay cash.
RID: 713602
31/10/08 5 3 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Geer for the past 6 years so when I became pregnant I knew right away that I would stay with her. I even opted to change my insurance carrier just so that I could stay on with her. Yes, she may run late sometimes but I have never felt that she didn’t have time or didn’t want to listen to my concerns and questions as many of my other pregnant friends have encountered. I completely trust Dr. Geer to make informed and up-to-date decisions in my health care and the birth of my daughter. Unlike most doctors who just show up to catch the baby Dr. Geer with me from the time my active labor started at 5:30pm until the last stitch was done at 3:00am. My mom was shocked at how long she was there, her bedside manner, and what a wonderful experience she facilitated for my husband and I during the birth of my baby girl. She is very dedicated and wonderful person who truly cares about her patients.
RID: 633429
08/07/08 5 5 5 5 This was the first pregnancy for my niece. This was the first pregnancy for my niece. Doctor Geer made the experience extraordinary for her. Dr Geer is an especially caring, warm, knowledgeable, and professional doctor. Dr Geer’s guidance extended to all aspects of my niece’s life. She noticed that our niece needed help in some areas and stepped forward. Most doctors ignore everything about the patient overall wellbeing. Sometimes my niece and her husband found it difficult to take Dr Geer recommendations, but they followed their doctor’s advice anyway. They are young and they needed her advice in so many areas. Some of these areas: they changed their eating habits to eat nutritionally for their future baby; they received family counseling which they needed; and they received referrals to all manner of birthing classes. Because of all Dr Geer’s help we have a beautiful nephew. It is comforting to know that we have this great doctor to call on when we need her.
RID: 272819
11/04/07 5 5 5 She is the best OB/GYN we found so far. We tried several. She is very patient, understanding. She takes her time with each patient and makes the patient feel very comfortable. Even her staff is very friendly. Now we expect all doctors to be equally good. I guess we were spoiled by Cheryl Geer.
RID: 7226
06/05/05 2 4 4 Dr. Geer was running one hour behind. Fortunately her warmth, knowledge, care and ability to listen made up for her inefficient scheduling!
RID: 6214
13/03/05 2 4 4 Dr. Geer is a competent and caring ob-gyn. My major complaint is that she often kept me waiting for an hour or more before seeing me during my monthly appointments, and it's tough for a pregnant woman to be kept waiting that long. But, she really came through during the medially important times.
* - Rating left by a registered user