Rate Dr. Wendy L. Schilling

Dr. Wendy L. Schilling's Ratings

Dr. Schilling is such an amazing doctor. Her only flaw is never being on time. Otherwise she is the best. She may be late a lot but it is because she is going above and beyond what she needs to do and is spending a lot of time with the other patients as she will do for you. While I was in the office it took and extra 30 minutes or so because someone else was having emergency problems at home and she took time to take care of them over the phone and made all the calls to emergency services. So, it did not bother me that she was behind since she was doing her job which most doctors wouldn't do. They would have just told the patient to call 911. I really think she does her job well. I've had friends see her and they have been discharge due to their narcotic use but it was understandable. She clearly does not put up with narcotics. She sticks with what she believes and I think that's how it should be. She can choose to see whoever she wants. I highly recommend Dr. Schilling

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I filled out her forms, new patient. She appearred in room with frown & proceeded to misconstrue my medical information so badly. I came in for an Rx for acne and she determined that because I picked my face I did't have acne but a Psychiatric condition. I've worked as a critical care RN along side some of the finest Hospital MD's in large cities, some not so good MD's and some mediocre doctors. She stated that she was not comfortable taking me as a patient, that I needed a Psychiatrist! She must have slept through her Dermatology and Psychiatric Rotations in Med School. Her diagnostic skills are extremely confused. AND she collected $$ from medicare for her non treatment of me. My present MD Rx'd some Clindamycin and Retin A topically and the acne is clearing.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2013 | flag

I agree with the condescending attitude comment, although its more negativity about her patients. Not good for people who take a positive approach to their health. She is not easy to work with and resists prescribing antibiotics for substantial sinus infection.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2011 | flag

I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only patient Dr Schilling has 'dropped' due to having more than one issue. She may be very knowledgeable, but what good is knowledge when she refuses to use it to help you, and is condescending to boot? She actually told me to go elsewhere! (And I am not a hypochondriac annoyance....I saw her maybe 1-2 times per year, and have a serious condition.) Also, my medical records had a lot of erroneous information in them when I requested them, so I'm not sure she listens well. All in all, she's a good doctor if your issue is simple and can be dealt with fast, or peaks her interest. But if you don't fit in those categories, don't bother with her....she won't bother with you!

Submitted Jan. 17, 2011 | flag

she only lets the patient have one problem at a time. If it is a complicated (more than one illness) she drops the patient. I know of 5 people in a small town like ashland that were dropped when they needed the help of a doctor the most.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2009 | flag

The best doctor I've ever had. She is very knowledgeable, works with me as in a team, listens.

Submitted March 8, 2009 | flag

Not very helpful and not very nice. Put my teenage daughter on anti-depressants without my permission. Staff rude and waited over an hour each time.

Submitted May 22, 2008 | flag

Dr. Schilling was an instrumental part of saving my Mother's life and making her quality of life 1000% better. I don't want a Mommy, a shrink, or a best friend when I go to the doctor I want an experienced knowledgable capable datapoint. We got the right referrals, the latest life saving medication, and the right surgeon for a life threatening heart condition. Dr. Schilling is late because she's busy because she's EXCELLENT.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2006 | flag

I have been impressed by Dr. Schilling's knowledge. Each time I have seen her, she has known the most recent studies regarding my problem. She also gave me very practical advice for dealing with a virus. She may not be the most touchy-feely doctor, but she is compassionate and goes out of her way to be helpful.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2005 | flag

Very condecending! Get with it lady, people want more from a doctor. Drop the attitude, and get down to helping people get through illness. Otherwise get out of this field!

Submitted Sept. 16, 2005 | flag