Rate Dr. Joseph H. Mun

Dr. Joseph H. Mun's Ratings

Dr Mun is the most knowledgeable doctor I ever had. I am not a person easy to be impressed. I am in tune with my body and read about medicine, neuroscience, psychiatry, and the use alternative medicine. More often than not, I would go to my general physician already knowing what I had. I have also taken myself off medication by using herbs and natural remedies. I thought I knew it all before I met Dr Mun. He is keen and can see beyond the obvious. You don't need to give a speech about your ailments. Dr Mun will pick on it very quick. When I met Dr Mun I was very happy to had found such and intelligent physician that also thinks out of the box. I would recommend that you pay a lot of attention to what he says even thought it may seem irrelevant. Probably a few of the negative comments had to do with them missing out on his words of wisdom, or going there expecting that Dr Mun will fit the mold of all the doctors they had seen in the past.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2014 | flag

I went to him for just over a year. Every time I saw him he would prescriber a medrol dose pack. No matter what my reason was for the visit. Every thing I would say he would tell me I am wrong. If i say i am in pain he would say no you aren't. He never addressed any of my concerns at any of my visits. Very arrogant. I will not be back

Submitted June 22, 2013 | flag

Dr Mun has been my MD since 2005. In this time I have lost weight, gotten my BP under control, and have gotten through numerous bugs and bothers. He has always taken good care of me, and my family, including shepherding my mother through a pair of very bad kidney stones (including a cellphone call in the small hours of the morning). He follows up when there are issues and has paid close attention to what I have dealt with. Be clear with him with what is going on (which you should do with any MD!), and he will take good care of you.

Submitted June 6, 2011 | flag

Clearly the other people who wrote rave reviews of this MD were relatives.If you are looking for a gifted doctor, keep looking. Does not listen to his patient, which is a very bad quality. He will only communicate through his unlicensed staff (namely a receptionist with a pony tail growing out of the side of her head---you know the type).I saw him once for a physical, he prescribed a heavy duty med for a b/p of 138/80. It gave me a terrible headache, so then he insisted that I take one that was clearly contraindicated with my particular situation. It caused swelling as a main side effect. I gave it a try, against my better judgement, but it was an awful choice. He would not return my call when I left message to see if there was another possibility. MDs like this one give doctors a bad name---too arrogant and a second rate physician in my opinion.

Submitted April 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Mun enters the exam room, sits down, looks you in the eye, and listens to you no matter how busy he is. He is very skilled at diagnosing complicated cases and thinking outside the box. I looked a long time to find a doctor like this.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2009 | flag

I don't know about the answering service thing because Dr. Mun's personal cell phone number is in the recorded message (yes, his direct cell phone!) if you have any after hours questions. I think he is a fantastic doctor who is constantly educating himself on the latest treatments. He also spends as much time as you need him to answering all of your questions. He also does this like a real human being in layman's term, not a bunch of scary medical jargon that will leave your head spinning. They can always squeeze you in if you need an emergency appointment and I have never seen staff so good at drawing blood outside of a phlebotomists office!

Submitted Dec. 16, 2008 | flag

No answering service or other physicians on call for this doctor after hours; I guess you must just go to the ER. Patient records are sometimes left up on computer screen in exam rooms; have seen other patients records on two visits and never touched the computer; who's reading my medical information?

Submitted Feb. 26, 2008 | flag

Excellent! Good bedside manners. Very very very knowledgeable.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2007 | flag

In my 56 years, I have seen many a doctor. Dr. Mun is by far one of the brightest doctors I have met. I had heard of his impressive diagnostic abilities from several of my coworkers who see him. One of the reasons he stands head and shoulders above the others is his ability to listen to what you tell him and his ability to decipher your symptoms. Outstanding!

Submitted Aug. 9, 2007 | flag

Dr. Mun has been a phenomenal physician for both myself as well as our family. He is well known in our church community for being an extremely gifted and personable physician. we have been thoroughly happy and hope to remain with him forever.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2006 | flag