Rate Dr. Dan McGillivray

Dr. Dan McGillivray's Ratings

Dr. McGillivray performed cataract surgery on me last September and left me with very little perifial vision. I called him numerous times to which he said I would have to live with it. he was going to do my other eye but WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING at it he said it was not necessary yet. I had seen another surgeon 2 days before that that said I needed the right eye done now and that my eye that Dr McGillivray did had scaring. His room is always overflowing as he must triple book patients and this does not give him the proper time to do his job instead of guessing how you are without even looking at you.

Submitted July 24, 2014 | flag

Great doc. Terrible staff (especially the older "lady" at reception!

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

After going to emergency and being referred to Dr. McGillivray for as he called it a rip roaring cornea infection in both eyes on Labour Day weekend he not only saw me the next day, the day after and the day after that and then every 3 days until it cleared. The office was not open to the general public a few of the days but he was in there seeing me during the holiday weekend. I have the utmost respect and am very grateful that he was there at this stressful time. If I ever need this type of specialist again...it will be him! The best doctor ever!

Submitted June 7, 2014 | flag

Dr. McGillivary is a very kind and knowledgeable in his field. His wait times are super, as he has all the latest equipment at his disposal and you can go to have other eye tests right in the building. He takes the time to answer all the questions I have; treats me as an educated individual with options, no 'god complex' here! He is positive and reassuring, but honest. There isn't much he can do about my condition, but I had been complaining that there was something wrong with my eye for a couple of years, and not even my neurologist could find it, and Dr. McGillivary did. And, as an aside, because this really doesn't tell much about his medical knowledge, but is reflective of his professionalism and attention to detail: the doc is an amazing dresser! ;) Thank you Dr. McGillivary, and I hope that those mentioned in these lists read their comments, and either learn from them, or enjoy the recommendations. Remember that patients pay taxes, and thus salaries, and have a right to quality.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2013 | flag

Dr McGillivray has an exceptionally kind manner. He explained my situation well and keeps on top of it. Wait times in the office can longer than desired but I have found that once I have been called everything proceeds efficiently with staff interacting with humour and care. I have not found any staff member to be rude when approached sympathetically. But I can understand that some patients might impatiently express their dissatisfaction with wait times and get a negative reaction because wait times are beyond staff control. They are already efficient and effective; the volume of patients is what causes delays.

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

I have read all the other comments and have to laugh about the staff! It is the older lady at reception that is so rude, she must be a relative. Because the nurse is very nice and So is Dr. Dan. He rocks to the moon and back. I had the young person's cataracts, would not be able to see in 6 months, he did both my eyes w/laser, now I don't even need glasses. If I went to one of those clinics, it would have cost $3000. But his care and information and patience with me was incredible. But you are right, the receptionist pretends you are not even there and makes you wait for hrs! When I call there, I laugh when she starts being rude, because I expect it! Brutal!

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

Never went where you got in on time even having first appointment of day. Staff very rude. no one seems to care your time is as valuable as theirs. Very good doctor when you get in but not worth the constant long waits and refusal to put you in line and tell you how long before seen by phone. May be staff fault but costing him patients like me who find their time valuable also

Submitted Jan. 25, 2013 | flag

Advised to call by hospital emergency staff to call and book an appointment, but because I was not an existing patient receptionist would not even talk to me. Quite rude and abrupt - absolutely no need for that treatment. The doctor may be good but professionalism starts at the front desk.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

This office is very efficient given the volume of patients that they see. The staff is focussed and the doctor is both very knowledgeable and patient with any questions and/or concerns. He is up to date with technology. I recommend this office and service based on my experience over at least 15 years.

Submitted April 4, 2012 | flag

Very efficient, kind doctor and staff helpful in answering questions and preparing pt. before and after surgery

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag